Swollen labia major

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Swollen labia major

Hi! I am 20 years old! Yesterday after I took a shower realized that left labia major hurts a lot, actually even when I sit down or stand up.It is in the upper part of labia. Its swollen and hurts too much,its not itchy, its not small, I cant realize for sure if its red ,but it seems a little bit. I am concerned , Please help me !
Hi there and welcome.  Is this related possibly to sex you've had?  That does occur from time to time due to friction.  Another possibility is that you have an infection.  Cellulitis is something that will cause swelling like that along with pain.  

I would consider if it does not go down ---  going ahead and seeing your doctor about this or an urgent care.  If it is cellulitis --  you'll need an antibiotic to clear it up.  (you get this when you have a small crack in the skin and either staph or strep enters the crack and infects the layers of your skin).  

Let us know what happens.  peace and luck