Swollen lymph node?....groin?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Swollen lymph node?....groin?

Hello

I wasn't sure which forum to post this in,however I'm hoping someone can answer my question.
On Monday I woke up and noticed two long scratches on the left side of my groin/close to crease in my leg which I must have done in my sleep, I didn't think much of them.

The following day I woke up and noticed that I had a swollen lump in the left side of my groin next to where the scratches are. I am guessing it is a swollen lymph node?....It is quite achy/sore. Would a small thing like scratches cause a lymph node to swell?

I will admit that I am a bit of worrier, so I apologize if this question seems ridiculous. The lump feels firm/tender/sore/and moveable (I think). It also disappears when I lie down - when I was younger Ihad a hernia removed from next to my belly button (left side) could this be related?

I have recently just got over a sinus infection,although in this case I am guessing that is irrelevent as sinuses are not located in  the groin.

I'd be grateful for any feedback.
It's probably a Bartholin's cyst. The scratches didn't cause it but you may have found it irritating enough in your sleep to scratch it. You could try soaking in a hot tub to get it to drain, but if it gets large and painful enough you will have to have it drained by doctor. Good luck.

I just googled Bartholin's Cyst and from what I've read that appears lower down next to the vagina, wheras mine is higher up next to the pubic bone region... Almost just below/next to the hip bone.

Thanks for the advice though.