Aa
A
A
Close
Swollen lymph node?....groin?
Hello

I wasn't sure which forum to post this in,however I'm hoping someone can answer my question.
On Monday I woke up and noticed two long scratches on the left side of my groin/close to crease in my leg which I must have done in my sleep, I didn't think much of them.

The following day I woke up and noticed that I had a swollen lump in the left side of my groin next to where the scratches are. I am guessing it is a swollen lymph node?....It is quite achy/sore. Would a small thing like scratches cause a lymph node to swell?

I will admit that I am a bit of worrier, so I apologize if this question seems ridiculous. The lump feels firm/tender/sore/and moveable (I think). It also disappears when I lie down - when I was younger Ihad a hernia removed from next to my belly button (left side) could this be related?

I have recently just got over a sinus infection,although in this case I am guessing that is irrelevent as sinuses are not located in  the groin.

I'd be grateful for any feedback.
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
It's probably a Bartholin's cyst. The scratches didn't cause it but you may have found it irritating enough in your sleep to scratch it. You could try soaking in a hot tub to get it to drain, but if it gets large and painful enough you will have to have it drained by doctor. Good luck.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Hello,

I just googled Bartholin's Cyst and from what I've read that appears lower down next to the vagina, wheras mine is higher up next to the pubic bone region... Almost just below/next to the hip bone.

Thanks for the advice though.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
790669 tn?1465192699
Blank
KTowne, and Des_a_rae commented on Des_a_rae's status
5 mins ago
12940884 tn?1467239127
Blank
Belle313 commented on Belle313's status