Swollen piece of hymen due to yeast infection

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Hello -- I recently had a bout with strep throat and was prescribed antibiotics which in turn led to my first ever yeast infection.  My nurse practitioner said that my discharge contained a small amount of yeast and had caused a piece of my hymen, directly above the entrance to my vagina to become swollen and red.  It looks like a red protrusion coming out of the "hole" but is not very sore to the touch.  It is reddish in color with a small amount of white at the end.  I was given a pill to take for the yeast infection which she said would also take care of the swollen piece of hymen.  It has been two days, however, and there has been no change in the size or appearance of the swollen piece of tissue.

Could it be anything else?  Is there anything else I should be doing?

Thank you in advance for your help.
Belle313, and KTowne commented on Belle313's status
26 mins ago
KTowne commented on KeeLolo's status
Sep 27
AppleBr commented on photo
Sep 27
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals