Swollen piece of hymen due to yeast infection

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Hello -- I recently had a bout with strep throat and was prescribed antibiotics which in turn led to my first ever yeast infection.  My nurse practitioner said that my discharge contained a small amount of yeast and had caused a piece of my hymen, directly above the entrance to my vagina to become swollen and red.  It looks like a red protrusion coming out of the "hole" but is not very sore to the touch.  It is reddish in color with a small amount of white at the end.  I was given a pill to take for the yeast infection which she said would also take care of the swollen piece of hymen.  It has been two days, however, and there has been no change in the size or appearance of the swollen piece of tissue.

Could it be anything else?  Is there anything else I should be doing?

Thank you in advance for your help.