Swollen (sore) bump under skin by vagina

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Viewing 201-335 comments:
Did you ever get the answer? Because that seems really similar to what has happened to me...and how (if I can) would you pop it? Because the idea of popping something near my vagina scared me plus it really hurts!
I have a bump/lump on my vagina.it usually comes right before my period and then it disappears.This started when i was little.It would usually go for months but it still end up appearing.help me!!!!
um i have something similar...im 14 and im seriously worried..
My question to this is why do we get them? I currently have two on my left side and also hurt with the underwear ... they come and go I just don't know what to do..??
i'm 14 too and this is exactly the same situation i'm in!, i'm too scared to tell my mum:(
You have nothing to worry about. A week ago I started off with one of these and then I had two in the same place. These are not an STD because it would either be Warts, and both the partners would have it. My mum works as a Theatre Nurse in a hospital and she has to surgically remove these "lumps" every so often. These, in actual fact, are a sebaceous cyst. These mainly occur within puberty and may be due to sweat or uncomfortable clothing. Mine disappeared after a while although they got very swollen. You can reduce the size of these cysts by "draining" them, to do this you apply a warm wet cloth. They are completely normal and usually get ignored. However, if you are extremely worried I would advise you to go to your doctor and ask for their advice. They usually provide you with antibiotics which is useless as if it is not infected then these tablets will do nothing. They may also surgically remove these lumps, again this is useless as these are completely normal cysts and will only appear again within a few months or years. They are only advised to remove the lumps if they are of annoyance to your everyday life and are extremely painful.
I have the same  painful lump as you discribed here but the size of a tombully (large sized marble) I went to the Dr. and as you said the Dr. prescribed Anti-Biotics and it seems to do nothing for my problem but it did help my massive spider bite.lol. This lump has been with me 11 days now and is still as painful as the first day I found it and has not drained at all. Dr. appointment on next Monday. Fingers, toes and eyes crossed. Thank you for the write  up on this it did help reduce the panic of not knowing what was going on.
Thanks again,    
Lorna May
Thanks again,    
Lorna May
Yep I have one right next to my vagina at the cease so painful. My doctor said it is a boil, most likely from an ingrown hair folical. Hot compress work but hard when your working, he recommended 'draw salve' it help pull the infection out so it drains.that seems to be helping, also using a lidocaine gel for pain, keeping it clean, but very painful and difficult to urinate and walk.
I'm not sure if what I was getting is what the rest of you are describing, but, I found a "cure" to my very, very painful, occasional bumps, cysts, whatever you want to call them.  I found that I would get them after sex, or even after manual stimulation.  I hit the health food store, and got some oil of clove and mixed just a couple of drops in  with some olive oil.  I spread it on, even before a bump showed up.  Spread it on after a night of sex or manual stimulation, I haven't had one of those dreaded bumps in several months.  (thank goodness!).

Use the eseential oils VERY sparingly.  Just a couple of drops in some olive oil, otherwise, it will BURN like heck.  Another oil I tried was "purification" oil.  It's a combination of Citronella, rosemary, lavandin, and lemongrass.

So, my story is....get to the bump before it gets to you.  LOL.  Hope this helps
did you ever found out what it was cause i have the same thing aswell
Sebaceous cysts, they go away on their own I get them from shaving caused my ingrown hairs... You will be fine!
Thanks! I was just worried, I have ONE bump and me and my partner are completely free of STDs and what not. I was worried because it hurts a little but nothing that really gets in the way. I will wait a bit, going and paying for the doctors on a college budget is not really helpful!
I had this as well 2 years ago when I was just reaching puberty, it killed when I sat and crossed my legs, pinky and painful ...
I just kept keeping it clean, like using loaaaads of soap on it and just being gentle to it... it goes away quicker keeping it clean
mostly these worries are normal hormone changes your body goes thru, zits is wat most of them sound like. i have had them also, especially after i started having kids. normally they will go away on their own, but if it really bothers you, go to a doctor. also they could be staph infections, very common in pregnant women, women who are nursing, and newborns. i've had these too; at 4 months old and once after i had both of my children. those are fairly simple to diagnose, they are big lumps, red, very sore, and *****. yes it sounds a lot like a zit, but when you pop them, they smell very bad and unlike a zit they look like they start to heal over but you end up squeezing out more puss many times after it looks like its healing. if you think you have a staph infection, you really need anti-biotic! other than that info, rubbing alcohol applied with a cotton ball a few times a day helps to get rid of the zit-like bumps. i hope i helped!
I have the same problem and went to the docter she sd it was a ingrown hailr but it hurts so bad cant walk or sit move or anything I never had this problem before I'm very scared going back to the doc today just went yesterday think maybe a spider bite. the anitbiotics are not helping althuogh i have only been on the 1 day.
hey i think its just from shaving. if you dont use good shaving cream and a new razor then it can really irritate the area you are shaving. the lumps are probably from ingrown hairs. which isnt fun. also you should take care of your razor dont let it get rusty or dull because that can pull on your hairs and cut the hairs the wrong way. also keep in mind that soaps you use to wash your body may not be good for your skin down there. dont use any perfumed stuff. there are certain soaps made for down there, but might be expensive.
I'm 14 years old, and when i went to take a shower i felt inside my vagina because i was worried because i have a late period, but i'm a virgin, anyways i felt a lump up there and i started freaking out , i don't know what it is, and i'm definatly not telling mum or going to the doctors, im real scared, will it be like this forever ??????!!!!!
I am pregnant 36weeks and I sweat down there a lot so I decided not to wear underwear with my dress yesterday. I came home to shower and I could barley move my leg. I had a large lump by my bikini line and this morning it got worse. Help!
You should not be embarrassed if you have a yeast infection. All women will get a yeast infection at least once in their life time. The only thing you should be embarrassed about is living with a yeast infection and it's symptoms for 2years! Not being rude, but you need to get rid of it and doctors have seen way worse and won't judge you for it. You can even try To get rid of it naturally, google it, or just buy the treatment at the drug store..but if I were you I would seek medical advise. How do you know it's a yeast infection for sure?
it could be a cyst, go to your doctor and let them have a look at it, and then they can tell you if you can have an operation to remove it
I have too just found a pea-sized lump on the outside of my panty line, it kind of hurts and seems a bit hard feeling, but i can move it a little. I am not sexually active at all and have not told anyone because im sared. It is on the left side of my inner thigh. I am 14, any answers?
Ive got a lump in my vaginal area and its been there for over 2 weeks ive tried popping it and soaking in the bath..it seems to have grown and is really tender to the point where im holding my wee in so that it doesnt hurt its not a std as ive been checked and my boyfriends been away since march can anybody give me some advice xx
Me too but idk
Please help I am quite young and have not had sex or been touch around my vaginal area I have noticed a little red looking bump on vagina when I was showering, it's on the top left really close to my hair I don't know what to do is this bad??? Please help...
I seem to hAve the sAme problem,it hapend once after foreplay with my boyfrienD and disappeArd After a few dAys And then reappeard two weeks. After having sex for the first. Time,
And it feels even more painful this time esapecially Wen sitting down
If you have a largish lump under the skin on one or both sides of the vagina it is probably a bartholin cyst. This happens when the lubricating fluid produced by the glands gets backed up. Usually these are harmless and go away on their own. if you have a fever or other more extreme symptoms though go see your doctor.
I have a little bump on the bottom of my vagina and it doesn't hurt or anything but its hard to the touch, its really annoying and I just want to kno if I should be worried..? Thanks
I'm 13 and I have a marble sized bump on the outside rim of my vagina.. Its really swollen and it hurts to sit down, I've read a bunch of these things and I took a sitz bath and I keep putting a warm rag on it.. My mom is at work, but I told her she needed to make a doctors appointment. I'm really scared...
I have the same problem they come and go and hurt sumtimes like a bruise but then sumtimes if underwear rub it it will feel like a scxratch!
Hi, I am just wondering if anyone could help me??? I have recently found a lump on my vagina at the bottom but towards the side of my lips on the left side. However the inside area of my lips is very tender and sore, and feels like sharp mini shooting pains too. But I have also notice white thick discharge every time I check my vagina when going toilet. As well as this I have felt tiny lumps on the inside of my vagina when washing near the curvex area. But even though I have thick white discharge around my clitorus tends to be very dry but extra painful and feels like it burns when I wee. What can all this mean??? As I am single and not had sex for 2years at least and have had std checks about a year ago. However I tend to masturbate regularly can anyone help ???? I'm to scared and shy to go doctors???? Xxxx
i have a bump on my vigina (vagina) and it hurt very bad and i need too know what it may be , i do take BIRTHCONTROL , but  i just want too know what i may be because i been doing some of my research and it been looking like ii have a cyst , but i just need too kow what it is . . . . . . . thank you .
I have a bumps near my vagina entrance, it does not hurt but gets itchy when I wipre myself each time I go to the bathroom.  It happens to me everytime I have inflammation.  Before the  bump get noticeable It always burn and I try to drink as much water as I can.  Then the next day, it does not burn when I go to pee but I do feel the bump more.  I just want to know if someone did get that before and what has been done to cure it.  Actually I am putting Vagisil cream on it to calm the itchiness and usually its cure after 3-4 days, no bumps.  This time I am on my 3rd day and I can still feel it. Your feedback will be greatly appreciated.
hello ladies. i've been reading all the comments above and sadly i'm in the same boat :( i have a lump, the same lump i had a few years ago that was diagnosed as a cyst. i had to undergo minor surgery to get it cut and was placed on anti biotics for a few weeks, or days....i can't remember lol. but hey, if its a cyst its nothing to be frightened about. i mean i was frightened at first, but my doctor made to feel comfortable alltho he was a male and the cyst was like in my passage. it was VERY painful, i walked funny couldnt sit down properly and was more frightened to tell my mom than go by the doc! but i had to. And just as i feared they jumped to conclusions and blamed me having sex and bla bla bla. i am a woman dammit! neways straying from the topic.....yes so here i am with this stupid lump again and i looked it up it is mainly caused by an infection or blocked up glands that cause them to become swollen and painful. others are caused by tumors, developing embryos etc. So i hope you ladies are okay now because i know what inconvenience this is! i hope i get thru this one okay too. :)
I have a pea sized (maybe a bit bigger) lump under the skin between two veins, it beside the clitorous and the lips, it has just shown up and I'm worried it may be something worse as I am sexually active, I came to the conclusion that I was suffering from cystitis as i had the bladder symptoms, now because of the lump I'm affriad it is alot worse, or am could it just be two things wrong rather than one big problem?
I have expirenced these and have one once a year I think its the oils clogging the drainage crap and my doctor told me not to sneeze them because you can cause the plug to go deeper into the skin I make sure I was teal good done there and then I put a dab of rubbing alchole it went from really noticeable to not at all in 2 days I know its scary to have anything down there because of the stigma attached with stds a d stuff but alot of extra stuff happens down there not sex related
Hi, I'm 12 and I have the exact same thing. Nothing to be scared of, apparently. I told my mom and she said that had gotten a few of those over the course of her lifetime, but in different places, for example, on the right and left side of the clitoris. I asked her if it was cancer, and she said certainly not. Since mosquitoes are all over the place, she thought it was either a mosquito bite or a cyst. After going on this website, she declared that it was a cyst. Yours is probably just a cyst too! Also, you should tell your mom about it. That really helped me.
i have that 2 but its nothing but a abscess if u mess with it it will get bigger i poped mine b4 and more came ...it comes from useing some 1 else shaver or something like cloths and sheets of some 1 who have abscesses its not worts or a S.T.D its all good everybody will be ok i went 2 the docter and thay poped it  me and gave me pills 2 clear them up omg it was soo painful
Okay. I'm kinda scared because I just noticed these two knot type bumps on my vagina lip and its very painful. And I'm takin a hot bath and its not helping. Any other ideas?
im 13 and about 2 and a half weeks ago i found a tiny bump on my vagina. ( i don't exactly know how to explain where it is but its like at the top of the lip if you know what i mean)  but it was completely painless. then, a few dayhttp://www.medhelp.org/posts/Womens-Health/Swollen-sore-bump-under-skin-by-vagina/show/26796#s later when i pressed on the bump or anywhere around it is hurt really bad. its a weird kind of pain like its kind of a sharp pain that goes all the way up to my belly button.  about a week later the bump went away but the pain is still there.  also 2 days ago my stomach started to feel sore when i pressed . idk if that has anything to do with it though on it and I'm really scared so please help me!
it could be from shaving there if you do? just put a hot wet towel on it for a while and it should get better in about a week:)
i think i have the same thing that you have maybe. is it painful or not? because mine really is! please reply!
I got a bump under the skin and it's above my vagina, it hurts when I touch it and been there for about 2 -3 weeks now? What is it? Haven't been sexually active for at least 2 months
Just read all these and now I feel soo much less worried , I hope mine goes away because I'm scared to tell my mum
Never ever be frightened to tell your mum anything. Im a mum myself I would hate to think that she wouldnt come to me with her problems.
sorry i cant help with your actual problem though. i have a similar thing just looking for an answer seems to be a quite common one though so hopfully nothing to get too worried about aye.
I have a painful lump that turned up about a week ago, went to the doctors about it, and they gave me some antibiotics! They've not worked and its grown more and more painful!! Its got wat looks like a white head of a spot on it but when squeezed its unbearable. I can't walk properly it chafes on my under garments and is on the left hand side of my vagina. I'm going back to the doctors 2day!
I have the same thing right now! It hurts really bad! I found when I was camping and I had been using a lot of public bath rooms. So I did some research and I found out that. I didn't get a std from that. And I am not sexually active and I've never been touched down there. And every where I look it says it is probably just an ingrown hair. Any advise on what to do to make it go down and or stop hurting????? Help I'm in pain
I'm 14, I havnt done anything sexual, Tonight like 20 minutes ago I went to get changed into my pj shorts, and I noticed I had a medium sized lump in my private part area, to me it looked like a really big pimple, so I tried squeezing it, nothing came out, I can also feel it underneath my skin, I don't know what it is! I've put Fusidic acid cream on it, but I dont know if that will help!
I'm actually freaking out because I havnt had sex or anything like that before and I don't want to have a STD. Please please please help me!!
Omg Me Too!!!
hi. i have had the same thing happen to me. i get it right before my peirod. and it last durring my period. its about a quarter size and its rather painfull. i always thought it was a pimple or something because itll pop on its own and drain... but idkk the last two that i have gotten i seem to get like the day before or a few days before i start my period.. hmmm...
I was so scared. I just found it near I guess what you call the wall of the vag. Its like pea-sized and you can move it around a bit. I hope it's normal because this never happened to me before. So it could be a cyst ?
am 14 and this is what iv got  but i have bin to my gp and they said it is just gong throw puberty and they will give u creme and it will go iv a week its not serous
I have just. Noticed that I have a large red and purple swollen bump right where the top of my underwear, its painful and I'm worried :( I've had pimples before once but nothing this big or painful ;( what could it be? Please help
ova the past week and a half even tho ive bin on ive bin leakin watery blood wen i go to the toilet n i get period pain often , to top it off ive found a lump on my bikini line near my "hole" , very worried . plz help me stop stressin
I have a lump on the bikini line under the skin. It hurts and has been there for 1 month or so. I thought it was a cyst but it doesn't seem like it. No hair is growing so I thought it might be an ingrown hair and I'm too scared to go to the Gynocologist.  What is it? Any ideas?
I have a bump around my vagina it's only one & it's kinda big it came out b/my period lasted for a long time & i guess the pads made me get this. It hurts when i sit down, walk, and stand up. I am walking weird right now. so what should i do? it barely came out like 3 days ago.
Okay so I have the same thing but like I have an sore Anus to I've never had anal sex before only had sex without a rubber three times but out now where it started to hit it feels like an rash it hurts to wipe down there or even when I move my legs like spread them it hurts can come someone tell me what I should do ?
Did you ever find out what it is i got one and im kinda worrried
Hi im 13 and i was in the same situation. I was in Egypt at the time and i was so scared. At the start it was really quite small but over about 1 week it was quite large and tender. It hurt to sit or walk around and i did not wnt to tell my mom but it got so paiinful i did. On that night it started to ooze wih blood and nasty stuff after that it was pain free and i had not lump. Just keep it clean and please tell your mom. Dont be embarrest i wish i told my mum sooner. Thanks
I have a bump type thing right now too except I have had it for 4 days now, and its the size of a quarter (atleast) and hard as a rock. Its located like right where my thigh/hip meets my pelvis so its in a very easily irritated place (by jeans and such). I do shave, but I haven't for a bit because I'm currently single. Only had sex with one person and he was a virgin as well so I don't think its and sti or anything... but it hurts really bad, I've tried wearing looser or no underwear and loose pants so it wouldn't be irritated and I just don't know what it is. I'm kinda freaking out....Any ideas on what I should do?
I definitely have had this twice. I went to the Doctor, told me it was a small cyst. A buildup of bacteria. Told me to leave it alone. I have washing my "area" twice a day with Summer's Eve wash and its been gradually clearing away:) I hope it works for everyone else.
It's probably a Bartholin's  cyst (when a Bartholin's gland is blocked, causing a fluid-filled cyst to develop). They can be very painful and as some of you say,they come and go.
I had one many years ago and I had become feverish and started vomitting before a doctor was called. He prescribed a course of antibiotics and the cyst drained   within a few days of the most foul smelling pus.
The doctor asked me to tell him the next time it filled and he arranged an immediate hospital visit to have it lanced.
I had a general anesthetic and the walls of the cyst were stitched open so the cyst could no longer form. I have never had any further problems.
Help I'm only 15 and have noticed these weird bumps on my area it feels like it leaves then later returns it hurts only if I touch it and is alittle itchy I'm still a virgin & I'm starting to get worried
alright guys I have a bump a lot like the one everyone is describing and I went to the doctor (I would encourage you all to do so too; it's really not awkward at all if you ask for a woman). I am 14 years old and have never even had my first kiss, so I knew it wasn't an STD. It turns out it's an infection such as an ingrown hair  or something of that sort. As gross as it is, it is a ball of puss basically under the skin that should come to the surface (looking almost like a pimple) at some point soon. You can get them anywhere in your body, just on your vagina is more uncomfortable for obvious reasons. She prescribed me antibiotics to take twice a day for ten days and said it should come to the surface and drain in 4 or 5. I also should take a hot washcloth to the bump (or a hot bath) twice a day. If it doesn't get better (she believes it will) then I will call her and she will direct me to a specialist that will basically pop it. I hope this helps and I wish you all luck!!! Remember it's nothing to worry about and take ibuprofen if it hurts or stings!
i have one at the top of my vagina where the hair grows the most, i shave very often. and i also have one on the side or my vagina.. im very scared & i need some good advice on what to do :'(
why are u scared to tell ur mum? sometimes they are the best help....
Ive had this bump on the side of my perineum for acouple of weeks it almost looks like a cyst.ive tried squeezing it but it hurt really bad and nothing happened. but recently it turned black and blue. It doesn't have a head like a pimple would its more under the skin like a cyst.  Any ideas to what it could be?? Or how long i should let it go before i go to the doctors
Im 13 and i just got the same thing like... 10 minutes ago. I noticed it when i was using the bathroom cuz it was hurting but im really afraid cuz when i saw it i kinda poked it i guess and it could move alot and on accident it popped. I'm so afraid. If this has happened to you could u please tell me if somethings wrong or not. And also it doesn't really hurt there but its kinda swollen. Please help :(
I have one and I am only 16... I am sexually active but not very recently.... its really painful and its getting hard to walk but I took a bath in warm kind of hot water and it felt better till I stood up then I felt a sharp pain and everytime I touch it it hurts very badly I can not "pop" it myself...... what do I do
Hello ladies well I've been getting these since I was 13 at least once a month so I know that it ***** well I actually have one rigt now that is right were my underwear is so that ***** but hot compresses help a lot and if any of you are familiar with the aloe plant what you can do is cut of a piece take of the skin and you're hyping to be left with a sticky goo, put that into the microwave for about 20 seconds it heats up really fast. You're gunna put that right on top of the pimple or whatever you wanna call it as hot as you can take it and put a hot towel over that. You should see shrinkage una few hours . Hope that helps somebody :)
you guys I seriously think its from shaving ... I have been waxing all the time and didnt get it  .. but last time I shaved then 2 days later i got this painful bump and i am 26 so its not about age .. I recommed waxing its painful in the second in certain areas not even all and its so much better
lkj
I have a pea sized bump on my vagina lip down below and hurts real bad. I cant even wear underwear with out it hurting even when I pee it hurts bad. any advice what it is?
I have a round lump and its hard on my vagina lip on the left side, it hurts when I walk and when I have underwear on that makes it hurt. Also when I pee it burns to wear im in tears. Any one know what it could be?
I have this same lump and its very very sore but would it stop me from having sex?
I have one above my vagina. However it is almost like a zit. It has been there for over 2our monthS. Ive taken hot baths. Tried to pop it but nothing... any suggestions?
I also have a bump right above my vagina it hurts when I apply pressure. I take really hot baths/showers and yesterday in the shower it popped I didn't provoke it it did it on it's own. Now today it just is continuing to drain I'm thoroughly disgusted. I'm scared it will become infected.  
I keep getting these awful sore cyst like bumps.... I have had them on my vagina about every three months....leg butt, face, and inside by nose.. its almost like a staff or something
CAN SOMEONE HELP ME AND TELL WHAT THIS BUMP IS? IT HAS BEEN HERW FOR A WHILE ITS HARD ROUND AND GROWS WHERE I SHAVE WHAT IS IT? I HAD ONE BEFOR BUT PUSS AND BLOOD CAME OUT AND I COULD WALK AGAIN
Those are normal bumps. a lot of women have them. They are cysts. They will come and go. You may feel them in one place one time, then in another place another time. As far a your period being late, you probably ovulated later. Is there anything that put you through stress a couple of weeks ago? There is a book called, Taking Charge of Your Fertility that would benefit any woman who is menstruating. It is not just about getting pregnant, but also how to stay from being pregnant and vaginal health overall. You would be able to tell if you have an infection, and if you did get pregnant, you would know before a pregnancy test could tell you. There are signs that your body gives you to tell you when you are fertile and when you are not. But I like the overall health of the vagina best. It tells you all sorts of things. I would recommend getting this book. Everyone has a certain number of days from the time they ovulate to the time they have their period. It is the same number of days all the time. What can change is when you ovulate. That will change when you have your period. I hope this helped you and put you at piece of mind. I would still highly recommend that book.
I have had this problem, talked to my doctor and it was simply a pearlized piece of fat, nothing to worry about.  But please all you young girls do not be afaid to talk to your doctor, that is what they are there for to look after you and answer your questions.
I have gotten the bumps a day after I shaved my vaginal area could this have caused it and what is it
okayy sooo I have a huge lump on the right side of my vaginal lip...it hurts like h*** and idk what to do about it! it's verry sore...and ideas on how I could get rid of this???? PLEASE HELP!
Oah dear,I have one right now.On the left lip of my vagina.I was quite concerned so I googled it up and came accross this.The comments here have been very usefull and I'm thankfull because I was a bit insecure and unsure about it. Thanks a lot,its great to have an open forum for woman to discuss such topics.
mine is below the vagina on left leg. Soft on top hard around it. Helps with hot water but hasn't gone away. It brings tears to my eyes and alot of pressure. Its been 4 days just ganna get boil cream or something monday and wait it out. No doctor!  #fear
i get these too! all i do is pop and drain them and spray the area down with alcohol afterwards! it stings, but works really well! this is best done after a hot shower. i place a bandage over it and clean the area with alcohol everytime i use the bathroom.  within 24 hours everything is normal! hope this helps.
ikr in 11 and im not having sex and i didnt start my period i got it when i woke up this morning i dont know whst to do is it my soap i dont know what do i do
I have the same....  it's in top of my China in there left side it's red and feels like a metal ball I popped it and red with whitish stuff came out it...alsi hurts .I'm 14and I'm really scared please help!!!!
I have gt a big red boil on d inner lip of my vagina its so painful that cant walk,sit n sleep as well can anyone help me wat must i do...?
I am 11 and i have pretty much the same thing its a red bump on my left leg next to the top of my vagina.  My underwear rubs against it and it hurts! I am a virgin and have never been touched there. I haven't even had my first period! But could this be a sign i am going to have my first period? Or is it something else? Please tell me!

I have a small sore on the side of my vagina and im not sexually active at all,  idk eheather to tell my mom to get checked out its really sore i had this before and it went away but came back what could it most likely be friends?
l'm 16 years old and a virgin, l hqve a pea sized lump about and inch from the top of my hairline and it hurts a lot. l wear a lot of tight fitting clothes and l jever shave down there. The lump is hot to touch and bright pink, especialy when l am in the bath. l first noticed it two days ago and since then it doesn't appear to have changed at all. l'm currently on ky period and use towels not tampons. l use heated herb bags to ease my crmps but they never have direct contact with my skin. They're te typebthat you put in the microwave for a coupoe of minuites and they usually have a case/cosy. l don't know if that is at all reoevent? l would really apriciate it if someone couod let kme know whats going on and what l shouod do about it...
This happens to me too!! What is that! They come and go. Sometimes on my labias or even on the underside of my leg near my vagina. What is going on??
I have the same thing. As I am only 15 I freaked out at first unsure of what it could be. But I have an idea of how to treat it now so thankyou!:)<3
all comments here were likely same age when they notice of swelling their vagina. How about for children? My baby is only 3 years old and I noticed of a swolen part on her right skin of vagina. but after several minutes it disappear and it happened again after a month.. same after I wash  her after her poops it disappear and fade.. can anyone knows about it?
I have this really big bump on the lower vagina area its very tender n sore the other night a lil bit of white puss came out then blood after that day it swelled up more n hurts real bad i cant walk or sit i do shave everyday n think its a absess (abscess) boil or ingrown hair any suggestions
So i had a little pee size blister on my bikini line right where my underwear rubs against my skin and it was filled with liquid so i poped it and it drained but wasnt anything colored or too much of it and i put non odor lotion on it and it burns all the time and i didnt wear underwear to bed to see if it was just because of the underwear causing irritation but now i have another one and it hurts and im scared to what it is
Me too what do i do!!!
Very pain full I get them from time to time soak in warm water . The one I had was so pain full I popped it got a core  ( like  a pimple) & some puss then a little blood keeped it clean pai. Was gobe as soon as I popped it
Could it possible be a hernia? My daughter was born with one in her stomach when she would laugh the bump or ball would stick out. The doc said she would have to do situps to strengthen her muscles in her stomach. Once they got stronger the ball would go away.
Im also 14, its so painful and i am seriously worried about school as i can hardly walk let alone sit for that long or do P.E. I dont know what to do. Have you found anything to help the pain?
Thank you so much! I was very worried as i have a cyst and it is extremely painful to walk or sit, do you know of any way to reduce the pain?
Im not exactly qualified but don't panic, i think just google it, it may be a cyst and disappear within a matter of weeks or it may just be natural, if it gets any worse talk to your mum or someone that can help, i had a cyst under the skin by my vagina, i told my mum and it made it so much easier as she knew what i was talking about and could help. Nobody is going to force you to go to the doctor about it but if you're worried tell some one or do more research of your own.
I'm 16, and like some other people. I had a bump by the left side of my vagina. But the thing is, first of all, I have a kind of deep stretch mark between my leg and vagina, and it's kind of next to that. And the bit of space between the bump and stretch mark is a bit swollen, with lines like it may have almost bled. That was about week ago though. Now the bump's a little smaller, and that and the swollen area has gotten a bit purple for some reason. Does anyone know if I should go to the doctor? Or will this maybe go away if I just leave it? (The reason I left it for a week was because I was hoping it would go away)

Also, like other people have said, it's kind of sore. Though it's gotten less sore than when I first got it. And also, the stretch mark got less deeper when I got it. Probably 'cause if the swelling.
i found a lump near my clitortis and its painful. what do you think it is
I have a lump under ther skin around the top area of my vagina it cam just after my period and it doeant really hurt that much, Can anyone help me?
This happens to me too I'm only 14 and scared does anyone no what it is as I'm scared to tell my mum
I have one but I'm under 16 and I don't have my period yet. Its a lot like the first one but its on the right side inside of my vagina it hurts when I walk or sit down. I'm scared if its a yeast infection or something plz help. When I pee it burns. It really hurts. If this is what it feels like to be a woman Id rather be a man
Hi need help please..I have a swollen ball shaped ..kinda size of a pea maybe a little bigger...it hurts to touch my vagina hole also...and intercourse hurts...just putting my finger in hurts...any ideas?? Please help!
did u ever go to the dr.?
I got diagnosed with gonorehea two weeks ago I got treated.I know have thick white smelly smelly discharge. It's a super strong smell. And one cluster of painful lumps above my clitorous and two lumps either side of the entrance to my vagina
Please help me it's ruining my relationship and taken all my confidence
p,s Iv had lumps before and I just popped them and they went
I have a bump near my leg but in my vagina area Does anyone know what that is? It doesn't hurt  it came today and it's a small round bump?
Ok, I am 13 years old and not sexually active at all, I'm a virgin and i plan to be one for a while. However, today in class I was sitting in my chair and there was a part of my vagina that was very sore. It wasn't cramps because it felt like it was on the skin. After I came home I checked it out and there is a quarter- sized red lump on the underneath of my vagina near the pubic line on my skin. Everything I researched said herpes but I'm not sexually active, or razor bumps but I've never shaved my lady parts before and it couldn't be a pimple because I tried to pop it and it was really painful and wouldn't budge. I am seriously scared.. S.O.S.
I have a lump in my private area, just on the bone of the right side. It is very painful and distracts my walking or sitting. I just noticed the lump now due to the increase of the pain in that area since today. I also started my period yesterday and been having heavy bleeding since then. I have quite a lot of personal problems at the moment and have been stressing quite a lot since around a week ago. Is there anything I need to worry about? Should I check the problem with the doctor or leave it for now?
Help!! I have very very painful spots around inside my vagina, I have one just at the top of my vagina In between the lips, it's sting the spots with I pee, I don't know what to do or what it could be, I feel pretty embarrassed about these and won't have any sexual contact with my partner, :(
Mine is more suspectable to come if
1 ) Sexually aroused/ wet down there
2 ) Before my period

I got my first one when I was 13 or 14, hurt like hell I didn't know what to do. Another time it developed right before I had to go to a school trip, it felt like a basketball in my vagina, so freeking painful, the pain happened in stages. I found that after the most painful stage it would pop and there would be blood and pus. Such a ******* relief, imagine having to lay down in only one position and walking like you have a **** up ur ***. It popped like two days before the trip, amen. But from that day I sworeeeee I wouldn't subject myself to that pain again. Prevention is key for me, I wet cotton wool/tissue with warm water, pour dettol antiseptic liquid{brown} over the top and hold it on the suspect area before it develops and it never does develop. One time I did slip up and didn't bother with dettol even though I felt it coming, boy did regret it. But now I get it under my armpit too sigh. I don't know whether its this lymph node thing , a normal cyst or Hidradenitis Suppurativa
I have a bump on my lips not fat from my vagina but it hurts a lot and when you look its not very noticeable until you actually touch it.
I Have the same problem an I really don't know what it is. I have two lumps at the very top of my vagina that looks like it is causing my vagina to look swoll. When I touch them they feel swoll also can anyone tell me whats wrong??
I have been getting these for years...very painfull talk to your doctor and ask about foliculitus (ny spelling isnt right) it is infection of the hair follicules if you get it alot there is a cream pill also if it does not go away with a few treatments there is laser hair removal
Im 17, and im worried about this bump on my left side of my vagina under thee skin.. And its very painful and I never had this. Thee pain started when I shaved a week ago..and I had a little cut from when I shaved. It never showed a bumped until a few days ago.. Im scared to go check it, can someone pls help me to cure it? Pls..
I get them alot too. I have not had sexual intercourse in 6 months. I also get checked quite often. They keep reoccuring and they are painful. Mines be ingrown hairs because I do bust them towards the end.
I have a painful lump on the side of my vagina and its driving my crazy with the pain it can't be a std becoz iv slept with my boyfriend for more than a year n we both had tests done and nothing was wrong so please som1 help me
is it normal to happen as a preteen?
go to the Dr and get it checked out. I am 52 years old and just spent 12 days in the hospital and 5 of those bumps . I thought they would go away too but they did not. at first a dr thought that I had a spider bite. I had 1 in the lip of my vagina 1 on my inner thigh 1 at the clitoris area and 2 between my vagina and anal opening my started as a small red bump and the grew into the size of a marble and very hard and sore  all I could do is lay in bed. When 2 started to open and drain they rushed me to the hospital thinking I was going to die if the infection got into my blood stream. I was so worried and scared. It was nothing to mess around with. They had to cut them open and clean them out like a burn patient and cut away dead skin and then stuff with gauze till the healed from the inside out. The cyst was deep and the infection was inside the layers of my skin. It was painful. This happened in aug. 2013 I am now all better
Check out hidradenitis suppurativa which is also called acne inversa.   The areas everyone is describing are very common areas to get them.  They are cyst like lesions which can be anywhere from pea size to baseball size.  They can be super painful to the point that some people have taken narcotics for the pain.  I've found hormonal changes do make them worse.  Most general doctors and gynecologists fail to recognize it since it is considered a rare disease.  I don't think it is that rare due to the fact many people never tell their doctors due to embarrassment.  A dermatologist is the one most likely to diagnose it.  Usually hot compresses / baths will help speed it along to drain.  But often they don't drain but just shrink on their own and totally disappear after a few weeks.  But it is a recurring condition so often they will develop again in the same general area.
Viewing 201-335 comments: