Swollen (sore) bump under skin by vagina
3 days ago I woke up without the bump, but throughout the day the area around the left side of my vagina became increasingly sore. It wasnt till i came home that i took a look at it. Its a hard pea-sized bump under my skin, and can be pushed around a bit. I was thinking it was a cyst, but is it normal for it to develop within 8 hours? I normally have a bit of vaginal discharge, but it seems to have increased the past few days. Any ideas for what it might be? I don't think it is an STD because i havent seen my boyfriend since the summer... so haven't had sex since then ( he has been my only partner). Worried because it came so suddenly and it hurts when i walk (underwear rubs against it).

Sounds like an ingrown hair or maybe a swollen gland. Apply hot compresses and don't be surprised if it drains. If you are worried, you can see a Dermatologist. Not an uncommon problem, so don't be embarrassed or worry yourself too much. Good luck.
Thanx for such a quick reply! and thanx for the advice
Joann is right on. I've had one before-ingrown hair. Hurts though! Try soaking in a hot bath. That should help.
Hey just wanted to reply and thank the responses. I have the EXACT same problem as the first entree except mine is slightly above the vaginal area. The bump came out of nowhere! Ill apply a hot towel while I do my hw and hope that it goes down.
Thanx again:)
I have the same thing..... I get one every so often... my doctor checked me for std's and everything she didnt what it was. Ive now put it down to swollen glands because i cant think of anything else!

Does anyone else had more that one at different times?

I as well have had these swollen glands at times.  They come and go.  I did have 4 removed as they did not go away or decrease in size.  Since then they happen less often, but still do occur.  Unfortunately, I have one right now that is back in the place where one was removed.  Ouch!!
I also have three little bumps that are extremly swollen around my vagina that one day ago i started to feel alot of pressure that hurt so i went and took a look and there are 3 bumps, that looks like they have white heads, but dont pop...and they are also really hard!, any advice, and i have never had sexual intercourse..any advice
i have a bump right below my vagina, and i just found it. it hurts a lot, and i don't know what to do about it. i'm not sexually active, so i don't know what it is. i just found it like, an hour ago.
I too have had something like that but found it was a pimple just like you get on the face or so. Sometimes it will burst and drain, but very painful!
Hi i have found a lump it comes and goes, had it for around 8yr but each time it reappears it is bigger so went to the doctors and have to go see gynocologist. The lump is kind of in the groin (between my leg and the outer vagina area) the doctor has said it could be a bartholomew cyst. Its a cyst that sits in a pocket of the groin and when it swells up it drops and lays just above the skin and if pressed is very painful but it does not move around like some of you have mentioned. Mine usualy shows when i am sexualy active after a time of not being active, this time it came up and i have not been sexualy active and has been swollen now for 4wk and thort it best to have it checked. Has any of you been the same? I am gay so its definatly nothing a guy is causing to happen. Any advise would be appreciated.
I am going to have my bartholomew cyst cut open & drained tomorrow.  He is going to put some kind of stitch to hold it open so it will drain & not fill up again.  Wish me luck!
I also have a lump next to my vagina. It sounds most like sierra1218's lump. I haven't shaved in awhile so I really don't think its an ingrown hair. Its about the size of a nickel and it hurts really bad. I also had a lump in my face right above my jaw that was about the same size and also hurt a lot. That was maybe two weeks ago and it went away. I'm really worried about it and I'm thinking about going to the gynecologist.
I also have a pea size lump on the left side under the skin of my vagina .. i ma onli 14 and very worried .. is it any thing serious you think ? .. i am not sexualy active so its nothing to do with sexual infections or anything dont think .... im thinking of going to doctors ... what should i do . please help :( .. x
Well i just want to let you know that you should deffa not worry too much about it!.. I had got one of these a few times and the first time it freaked me WAYYY out!...but honestly it's just from shaving and wearing clothes that are tight or that rub up against the irritated area you know what i mean .. you can soak in a super super hot bath and then pop it and it should go away .. might come back sometime by the same reason or if you have sex the same day you shave that's how i got my first one but trust me it aint nothing to freak out aBOuT liKe that though i think you will be just fine .. Oh and if you pop it make sure you put a really hot rag on it afterwards clean it up good and juss put antibiotic cream on it and when you wake up it should be as good as gone!
I have a pea sized lump on the left side of my vagina as well. It is painfully if I squeeze it and around the lump my vagina feels bruised. The pain goes out from the lump to the outer groin and beginning of the leg...So it could be linked to glands in the groin.

I also shave regularly in that area too so it could be either a swollen gland or ingrown hair (I really hope you can't get an abscess in that region) :S
I just went to the docs today. I thought I either had pulled my groin or had a hernia. My lump is about 2.3 cm on the left lower side of the vaginal area near my leg. The doc said that it was a swollen gland in the groin. He out me on some anti biotics and hopefully within the next 3-4 days the pain will go away.
I regularly get these lumps & have 2go 2the hospital 2have them drained my doctor diagnosed Hidradenitis suppurativa its a rare enough skin condition well maybe not as rare as 1st thought I've been researching it & it seems there are many sufferers world wide not a lot is known about it but acne tabs & antibacterial soaps can help I actually have 1 now at the moment was ere lookin up ways 2make it go away without surgery as I cant take time off work & would need bout 3wks off & also coming up 2xmas its awkward  
i have alot of smooth bumps in my vagina, but like the other women they have a white head, like a pimple, they are painful, and when i pee i get a burning sensation that hurts so much.
please help
i had that in october but i didnt think anything about it and thought with a bit of cream it would go away. If it is hurting when you pea go straight to a phemist and ask for internal thrush tablets and cream, even though it may not be thrush now it prevents it. When i went to the doctor with my symptoms he gave me those straight away. The Doc said anytime it burns when you pea just pop one in (to be grose plus it doesnt hurt or feel uncomfortable) but honeslty i swear by them they solve alot of problems, and for the ladies who have the spot things, there actually a type of wart, not a sexually transited one but one that normally occurs in children, Doc says alot of women who use Sanitary Towels suffer from them, you can treat them with all sorts but they just keep cuming back my advise is go to you doc try get a female, show her the wart(s) and she will freeze it off, and i swear im a baby with pain but i didn't feel a thing.
Hope this helps ladies,
Audrey (",)
I'm only 15 and deathly scared. I have a lump like under the skin inside m vagina ( like on the inner lip) and its like the size of small cherry. It's been a little uncofortable but i never noticed until i touched my accident. I looked and saw it and freaked out. I don't want ot just wait because i'm scared but I really rather not tell my mother nor show a doctor. And even if I wanted to go tot he doctor, i'd have to tell my mom. can this be really serious? how long should i wait before i tell someone? it doesn't hurt unless i like squeeze it, its more uncomfort, like i just know its there. Is there a way I can pop it or drain it? I know this sounds nasty and stuff but i;m really scared. And i'm a virgin by the way and havent fooled around in quite a bit, so i cross anything from sex off the list. Help, please.
i have a problem i have tiny underskin white pimples on my outer vagina lips is that normal?
I would say yes it's normal. I think the bumps are from hair follicles. I have always had them as well. They are especially noticable if you pull the skin area flat. But some do occasionally get a little bigger than normal and popable. I have seen alot of guys to have the same thing on their scrotoms
Im suffering from the same thing. Today i woke up and i had a small pea sized lump on my right inner lip of the vagina. Its red and sore to touch. It looks like a spot, and i dont think its an ingrown hair. I squeezed it and blood and a tiny bit of clear puss came out. I also woke up this morning and found a grape sized lump in my groin between my right thigh and groin. Its very sore to touch. Its not visable and is deffinately under the skin.
Things like this always happen to me on weekends when the clinic isnt open grrr. I am booking an amointment on Monday though. I am very worried, i have had abdominal pains for a year and only had intercourse once. They pu the abdominal pains down to IBS but iv always had that little worry.
This morning when i woke up with these 2 lumps, both of different size really made me realise i need to get a full check up from the doctor. Can anyone at all give me some information to settle my worry over the weekend?
ok so i def have the samE bumb lol and i knew it was not a STD bcuz i always use condoms and have not really been doin it that much. i did some reasearch and i have an ingrown hair. now i have another one commin in is there a way to keep them from comin.
These bumps can actually be Bartholin Duct Cysts or ingrown hairs. Please see http://women.webmd.com/tc/bartholin-gland-cyst-topic-overview. I have had experience with both, I had to get the cyst treated, as I was barely able to walk after a day or two because of the pain and infection. But as you see in the article, these can resolve on their own. There is a difference between an ingrown hair and this gland or duct actually getting blocked. Therefore that lump you feel, could be more than just an ingrown hair.
Yes i have this same problem (pea size lump, btwn my inner thigh & outer left lip) no puss redness or any of those things though. Im not sexually active at the moment, as my Fiance is away on deployment & gone for long periods of time. I woke up this morning and it was there :-O   .... im going to try the warm compress idea when I get home if that doesnt work then straight to the doctor. Thanks for all the comments because I was completley freaking out!!!!!
I have these red pimple like bumps on my vagina.. they get about a pea size and then go away but they leave a scar.. I get them once a month im scared to see a doc...HELP.....
I suffer with these little monsters regularly too, but I also sometimes get them around my buttock cheeks...I went to the doctor about them and she said I have a skin condition (but did not refer me to a dermatologist) I wasn't suffering with the vaginal lumps at the time though.  These lumps come in different areas of my vagina, this one I have presently is internal and on the inside of my lip.  Extremely painful.  Others I get can be external or other areas internally.  I think I am going to go back to the doctor to be referred to a specialist as these are a continuous problem for me.  I am happy to have found this site though and know that others are having the same problem.  I also know they are not STD's as I have already been tested...I was worried they may have been herpes...thank God they aren't!! Good luck to everyone with their problem :)
My vagina is nurtin me! I think theirssL
A lump also. I wanna go to the clinic tommorow
Cause am kindah worried! Does anyone
Know what I should do now to help it!
ThankYouuuu x
I have had a lump for about 4 months under my skin on the left side of my vagina and only notice it when i touch it, it completely freaks me out.... i have once popped a white head (4 months ago) now theres a spot returing on top of the lump, but doesnt look like it has a head to pop... what do i do??
I have a small pea-sized bump on the lower part of my left lip and I am completely freaking out about it. I am a virgin so I know this isn't an STD. My lower left abdomen is swollen and sore to the touch. The bump is itchy and also sore to the touch. Anyone know what's going on??

Any of you who have been to the doctor, can you share what you've been told?
hi, so i have recently found this pea sized lump between my right leg and vaginal area. i haven't had any unprotected sex, so i dont think this is an STD. it hurts to touch and is very sensitive. also kinda hard. any information is helpful. thanks girls
hi i have the same thing iy is a large bumpi under the skin on my vagina lip it hurys so much and i dont think its a ingrown hair. it is a hard lump and the rest of my right vagina lip is swollen. does anyone know what this could be? any suggestions?
Ummm I have the same thing... but the problem is it's August 20 and it's been there since January. I hate doctors, but it's getting to the point to where im about to say screw it and just go.
It's a small lump under the skin, i can take my index fingure and middle fingure and move it. It's about the shape of a pea, maybe alittle bigger.
I've googled it, and theres such thing as a absest?
Im not insured and I really don't want to pay a furtune to go to the doctor... =[
Woke up this morning to find one too. I probably did the wrong thing trying to pop it. But i just cant help it.. I guess ill have to see how it turns out 2moro.
The best thing i did was tell my mum & go to the doctor :) If your worried.. then go straight away.. It's better than worrying all day long, you only live once, right ? I had one.. nerves took over for ages, but i went to the nurse and she said it was just a cyst, & that poking it would just make it worse. Hope i could help X
I found a lump on the inner labia major and I've had it for about 7 days. It is quite sore to touch but not much to look at. It doesn't have a white head and its definitly under the skin. At times it is soo itchy and I have a large amount of vaginal discharge. I feel too embarrassed to tel anyone and certainly couldn't bear anyone looking down there. Can anyone give me suggesitons on what to do? Thanks x
I have a red lump it hurts like crap and it's on my bikini line and idk what it is so help me it's red lump hurts and I had the pimples bc but I poped them i did not know that your not suppost to but now I have this please help me I'm only 17
ii Have The Same Problem iiDK Wat Do to && ii Just Got It 3 Days Ago && It Grew . Please Helppppp
so i am 14 years old and i have one of those pea sized bumps on the inner skin near my vagina... anyway ive examined it and im pretty sure they are just blisters... because i wear skinny jeans all the time and i recently bought these really tight ones i wear all the  time and im sure thats what is causing the bump
I have a lump growing under the skin on my left lip the size of a little bouncy ball . I haven't shaved in a whole. I am sexually active not so much recently but I am a lesbian. This lump is hard and hurts very much. What should I do. And what can this be ? I'm scared to tell my mom.
IT'S CALED (HIDRADENTITIS SUPPURATIVA)
NO CURE
Please, girls, go to see your doctors! I found my own lump tonight, and I am going first thing tomorrow. Doctors are used to seeing these kind of things. There is NO reason to be embarrassed! I'm sure mine is just a cyst, but I am getting it checked out, just in case. If the lump were something horrible, I would like to catch it now while there is still time to treat it. Please don't let yourselves get sick/sicker by being too scared or shy to tell someone! Plus, most likely, there is nothing to worry about, and you are just stressing yourselves out for no purpose.
Please take care of your selves!
Hi I have a pea size lump on my inner lip of the left side if my vargina, it hurts when squeezed, and sometimes a bit itchy. Its attached to something for it dosent move. Anything to worry about?? All coments welcome. Please hurry- a comcerned married women.
It could be BV (bacterial vaginosis). I had it once, i was worried because i noticed i was having a lot more discharge and also theyr was a lump just on the inside of my vagina lips-it was quite uncomfortable and scary, there was a smaller one beside it. I went to the sexual health clinic and got tested for everything-i didnt have anything sexually transmitted, and they took a urine sample and found out right away that it was BV, i got some pills for it and it went away-she also gave me some cream that helps prevent thrush and BV. She told me when i wash not to use soap or other shower creams etc near my vagina, its one of the things that can cause it-just use warm water instead and it should keep it clean. check out this website that explains it better than me http://www.bacteriavaginosis.net/ hope this helps-just go to the sexual health clinic, or even the doctors.
Oh these things suck, keep getting them, swear its from shaving my bikini line, oh so painful, going to make a dr. appointment asap this is so irritating :(
i have a lump on th inside of my right vagina lip.. it was about the size of a pea and i could move it around it seemed to be for some time but i didnt go to the doctor or anything, and just last night i noticed its bigger and hurts to touch its a hard ball ( but shaped more like an oval)  inside of the skin and it doesnt have a head to it.. should i be worried ??
Thanks for the advice I have the same thing it's painful n I'm so worried wot it mite b but since reading ur comments I think it's that I worry too easily xxx I'm scared incase it's not though xxx
by: barbarahabib
      I too have this very annoying pimple under my vag. very painful and a little bit larger then the sizeof a pea. the thing I am most worried about is,  the color is black and blue almost as if it was bruised! if anyone has had this color with the pimple please post! going to the doc. office thursday wish me luck!  thx.
I have the same problem. Found it yesterday in the inner left lip of my vagina. i have had these before. Maybe once a year. Problem is now I have MRSA , which means I get staph infections easily. So I have to keep an eye on it, if it gets bigger or more tender. I have to get on Antibiotics ASAP.
I suggest to anyone that has had these for the first time, and have no idea what it is.
Just go to the doctor and have it checked out.
Worrying, reading, guessing, makes it worse.
I always say "go, get it done and over with".
I have a bump, around the left side of my vagina its lake a hard bean-sized bump under my skin, and can be pushed around a bit. I have never had sex before, can anyone tell me what it is?
my doesn't hurtm but i can grab it, when i do i can also move is around but if feels like its connected to something but i can grab and feel the "bottom" of it? Help!?
im thinking it might be inguinal lymph nodes...
Im 12 and i have the same thing. i noticed it after i got off my period and it seems like it has gotton bigger since yesterday... i dont wanna tell my mom bc i dont want her to think i had sex. Im a virgin. it hurt when my panies rub against it and its under my skin. im so scared . Theirs no way i can have a disease or something. I just know it aint that... so what is it .? Please hurry and reply im super scared and i cant quit worring about it. Its on the left side.... WHY IS IT THEIR &&  WHAT  IS IT !.
I also have a bump on the outer lips of my vagina. It only hurts if I try and pop it , nothing comes out of it . it doesn't have a white head . I'm scared I don't know what it is. Please give me so suggestions on what it could be
I'm 13 years old about 2 weeks ago I found a lump on the right side of my private part just by pubic bone and near thigh, since it has got bigger, I've had constipation, recently periods have been heavy some pain when urinating and pelvic pain I am so worried it's cancer but I can't tell my mum about it, please someone help! Also I know people in my family have had cancer
You lot are definitely scaring me like crazy w/ your 'pea sized' dilemma, and i'm a 39 year old woman.
First and foremost, i find it well odd that most of you have your problems 'to the left of your pubic areas'. I first had a pus filled boil to my left a few years ago. I''ve had a right side problem twice now, in the EXACT same area "currently the 3rd." Location of it is dodgy, as it's along my pant line area between my lady part and on the border of my buttock. Whenever it makes it's presence known the area is HOT, tender and extremely hard. This time there is no head to be seen. I never pierced the last one, as that's unsafe a thing to do. I just tried to ignore it. I don't even shave there, as i'm allergic to shaving them parts since my late 20s

Also noticed that around the time these have appeared i get a lil feverish. I'm wondering whether they are some serious cyst. ,,,as i also seem to be getting them in my armpits, smaller ones in my left groin area now and again, and the front part of my pubic area. Not been sexually active in 8 years....so am rather distressed as to what it could be

Really Confused Woman :s
What i failed to mention is that my under skin lump is the size of say a baby plum. It really can get uncomfortable. I've had sleepless nights.
Dito - i'm going to the doctors on Tuesday to hopefully get it sorted out one and for all if I can as its ruining my relationship with my boyfriend - i'll post again once i've been. When i've been in the past i've been told to do the following things:

wear 100% cotton underwear
eat lots of natural yoghurt
to not eat too much sugar
To wear loose clothing
Thrush cream and tablets
generally keep clean however avoid perfumed products

When it gets really sore, i've found that sudocrem works very well. This can be bought in any chemist.

I just found a bump similar to what everyone else is describing, but I'm in college and there is no way for me to get to a doctor anytime soon. Does anyone know what I can do toget rid of it, or at least stop it from hurting? It's sore to the touch.
I have a bump on the right side of my vagina and it just came abt this morning.I'm going to take you guys advice and put a hot towel on it.I pray it goes away but its swollen and it hurts...
I took a hot bath but it didn't go away. What else can I do and what is causing it?
Okay Ladies, first of all I'm rather concerned that most of you do not know the proper terms for the areas you are talking about. Hopefully this will help. The girls who are talking about the area between the crease of their leg and body is not your vagina. It is called the vulva or even the pubic area and this is where I think most of you are having your bumps. The next area, is the outer lips of your vagina known as labia majora, then inner lips, labia minora and finally inside which is the vagina. You can look this up if you search female anatomy. So unless your bumps are inside then they are not on or in your vagina. If you do have strange bumps or lumps in your vagina please see a doctor right away. It may not be serious, but it could be. Now, for everyone else, if you are getting bumps or lumps around the area that you shave, it could be an ingrown hair that has gotten infected. There are also boils, cysts and acne. If these get larger or are very painful then you must go to the doctor because only she can tell you for certain what it could be. Whatever you do DONT squeeze, pop, pick or manipulate the area in any way since this will just make it look and feel worse. I hope this helps some of you. I know a lot of you don't feel comfortable going to the doctor with this sort of thing, but they see it every day! They are professionals. Also, to the girls here that aren't 18 and are having these problems and don't feel they can talk to their mom; Maybe there is an older sister, Aunt or even one of your friends mother you can talk to. But again, if you have persistant, painful lumps or bumps in any part of your female area, please see a doctor.
I have the same problem...
very painful pop on their own ...
I am a nurse and I have seen my MD regarding my problem
Keep it clean, appply hot towels to draw anything out or hot baths
CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN
but please go see YOUR MD this may be different for you

As a preventitive I use an a soap called Tersaspetic- anti-bacterial/hypo-allergenic. It is safe to use, very mild ( I am allergic to many perfumes and dyes and soaps).

I know you all love to google things- who doesnt , no harm but please make sure you go see your doctor not every woman is the same- and we dont think you are a **** and think you have an STD

my bump is the size of a cherry tomatoe,and so large that it appears i have no left vagina"lip"! it is also extremely painful!HELP
mine has also came out of nowhere and im still a virgin. it hurts a lot but is it normal for me because im only a teenager? im scared to tell my parents and mine is a pea size and on the left side too. it hurt so much i cant fall asleep and then i keep falling asleep in my classes.
i am 13 and also have the same problem im a virgin and i cant stop wondering about it. im scared to tell my mom the same thing and it hurts! but the compress does actually work
I'm very worried because i have recentley developed a painfull lump close between my vagina and my butt. I have described it to my parents and they seem to think its a boil. I am fourteen and not sexually active so i'm not worried about an std etc. I'm just freaking out because it has been there for three days so far and there is no head. I have also been missing out on school which isnt good as i am doing internal and externals this year. I can barely walk or sit and its bringing me to tears. I dont want to go to a doctor so that is my last resort, if you have any advice to put my mind at ease it will be much appreciated! So please help!  
The past four days j noticed a red hard painful lump on the top of left of my clitorious just above the 'most sensitive bit'. It kills when I walk and wear clothes and touching it FORGET THAT. If I wipe after going a wee it hurts around it. I got another on the outer lip but that poped I wash a good few time a days.  I been with my partner for 2 years and we got checked. Dont think could be ingrown hair as its on the clit. Any ideas ty
These all sound like small (acid) lumps, We all have small whitish bumps around our vagina's and penis', some peoples larger than others. These bumps can become 'clogged' from toxins in the body, stress, harsh soaps and other causes. They can become like a small white lump under the skin and depending on how close inwards to the sensitive areas they can be very painfull. Some you can squeeze out the build up and some are too hard. if they do not go away and become bigger, you can leave it or have it removed at a sexual health clinic (this is not a sexually transmitted discease) If you have these, it is not dirty and do not be embarrest, nearly everyone (man and woman) will experience this in their lives. And If you squeeze the lump please wash your hands so you don't get an infection, if you create a wound from squeezing, do not have unprotected sex as you can leave yourself open to more germs (serious ones).
I have this small cherry i geuss i could say lump just under the skin and it even pushes the skin out some on my left outter vaginal lip. It is painful when i sit or walk or even lean on my left leg to much its also smooth and is in the hair line. It seemed like it came out of no were it can be sexual dieses cause im only 14 and a vergin. I am becoming worried but dont wanna talk to my mother about it or a docter cause im afraid my mother will think iv had sex. it also i dont think it can be a ingrown hair because i havent shave  down in the area in over 2 weeks. What could it be and what r some things i could do to help with the pain. Please reply soon!
I suffer with these lumps quite often down to a skin disease called hidradenitis. I have been to the doctors many times about them and a course of antibitics and cream usually does the trick! It is best to get them treated as if you leave them they will just keep filling back up and eventually get bigger and a lot more painful! Shaving does not help it at all and i have been told its better to usr hair removal cream but not to sure if it helps! Dont be embarassed to get them checked out you would be surprised at how common these lumps are! I used to be to scared to get them looked at but i am glad i get them sorted out now its a lot less pain to deal with and with treatment i dont get as many!
it don't matter how long it been since you had sex still go get check please do
I also have a very painful lump on the right lip of my vagina, very swollen and very very painful, cant walk or sit correctly. Bath didnt work, hot towel didnt work, any different advice??? Thanks
i have a lump on my upper right vagina , right at the crease of my thigh . i've taken epsom salt baths for these last 2 days ( 2 a day ) &' have applied a heating pad to it , but no change . i'm embarassed to go to the doctors /: - i just need some help . i think it may be a cyst , i've had 3 before ( 2 were drained &' the 3rd one popped on it's own ) - so i'm NOT trying to have surgery again ( the packing is the absolue worst ) - but i just want this thing to go away - it's causing me too much discomfort .

PLEASE HELP !
uhmm the same thing has happend to me is a bartholin cyst a disease or something because i have one by my inner vagina and im scared and only 14 i really donbt know what this is and yuh cant see it .. its under my skin but i can feel a bump plaese help
i dont know what this is im freaking out theres a bump by my inner vagina but its under the skin and im really scared  it kinda itches it dosent hurt orr anything but it itches can some one tell me what this is pease im only 14  and im scared to tell a parent
Hi there all, not sure if im doing this right as i've just come across the site and thought i'd offer up a bit of information i have found. There is a program on uk television at the moment called embarrasing bodies they are proffessional doctors and surgeons etc that travel around getting people to come and ask about their embarrasing problems and making them aware of all sorts of common problems people don't usually worry about or have the guts to bring up with their gp. Back to the point anyways, they have recently done a bit on HCS otherwise known as Hidradenitis Suppurativa, what quite a few, but not all seem to be describing sounds very much like this and quite a few have named it as this so thought i'd put it out there to possibly give everyone some reassurance and some information on possible options to help deal with this condition. Here is the website, there is a short video that i think is well worth watching as it has a some very helpful information. Hope this helps somewhat.  http://www.channel4embarrassingillnesses.com/conditions/hidradenitis-suppurativa/
It's most likely ingrown hair, if u shave down there because the hair is more coarse than legs, u tend to get ingrown hairs easily. it may get a white head if so pop it so u can get the ingrown hair out and than it goes rite away.
I would suggest anyone who has this sort of problem to go and watch the video on the website i posted as some of you may well have an ingrown hair or two but there is a big difference between an ingrown hair and lots of these large red hard boil like spots that are leaving you scars. It really is worth watching if you think this could possibly be your problem.
I get these every so often but it's usually in the same spot. The first time it was so bad I was almost on tears do to my panties rubbing it. When it finally popped one night when I was asleep puss and blood was everywhere but it felt so much better although it left a scar. Mow I have one again and I've tried popping it so it will feel better but it hurts so bad. I'm beginning to get worried and don't want to tell my fiancé because I'm too embarrassed. I still don't know what it is and I think he might think I've been cheating on him or something..But I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem.
Hi, in the last couple of days I have found a bump, thats red, around pea size, under the skin, to the right of my vagina. It does not hurt that bad but it is scaring me. I am not sexual active so it can't be something of that source. It hurts when I touch it but that is about it. Some people say it might be an ingrown hair or something of that source. If it is how do I get rid of it? Please all responses are helpful! :)
Okay I have a lot of bumps in the inside of my vagina lips and everytime I pee it burns very bad, if anything touches it , it'll burn and start to hurt. Yess I'm sexually active I'm scared please help me
about an hour ago I found a large bump from the right side of my vagina lip,it hurts really bad I can't walk or sit without having my legs open becuase of the pain.I'm not sure what it is but I need the pain to stop becuase it's becoming a problem..someone HELPPPP=(
Im 14 and i have the same pea sized lump on the right side of my uper vagina, the part right where your..clitorious..begins in that corner, its very iritated and if i barley touch it it hurts i know i dont have an STD and if i slightly pinch it it it can kind of move around, if it is a swolen gland is there a way to make it go away without the help of my parents of a doctor, of medication i dont want people to know and i dont have money to get anything..  and ive never had one before its really scarry..

please reply with advice :( im really worried..
omg i  have these  pea  ssized  limps under my  skin  on   my  vagina  ive  been  having them  since i  been  18   they  come  and  go  and im  really  scared  to  go  to  the  doctor  cuz  in  afraid  tht  the  doctot  will  tell  me  something  bad  .  but  it  hurts  when  my  underwaer  rub  up  against them  ugh .   and i  dnt  have  health  insurance anymore to  go to  the  doctor  wht  should  do  .
I have the same feeling but no bump occurs . The pain goes from the crease of my thigh - an area on my lower butt cheek a more specific area on the side of the lip and on the top where you would shave a landing strip (so its been called) it hurts and throbs periodically and it all on the left side of me. Any ideas? I've never heard of gland issues?
Thank you everyone for these notes. I was terrified I had an STD but now, after reading these, I'm confident its completely normal and nothing to worry too much about, so thank you so much, I really did not want to go to the doctor so this is such a relief. Thank you!
hey, i've recently had a pain in d left side of my vagina, sort of on my bikini line, it felt like someone kicked me in it, but wen i touched it it was reali sore and wen i i touched it i felt a small lump, i think it moves around  but i was afraid to touch it again coz it realli frightened me, im 18 and im not sexually active at the min so i know its nothing to do wit dat. its also causing a pain in my left leg .. has any1 any idea wat this could be? should i be worried??
I'm 15, and I'm still a virgin. And I was in the shower and noticed a lump by my vagina and I'm not so sure what it is and I don't know if I should be worried or not. Any suggestions?
I'm 15, and I'm still a virgin. So im not exactly sexually active,  and I was in the shower and noticed a bump below my vagina and I'm not so sure what it is and I don't know if I should be worried or not. Any suggestions?
Im 14, Not sexually active and I have a painful lump in between my anus and vagina just inside the flap. It is read and I can move it around?  What can I do to make it go away  ? I only found it 2 days ago
I'm 20 and i am 28 weeks pregnant, the inside of my inner thigh close to my vagina there are little itty bitty bumps. Its red and kinda scaley, and very sensitive when i touch. I've been test for everything. and everything has came out negative. But i rally wanna know whats going on down therer please help me!
I am 21 have had these sort of bumps since I had my daughter at 18. Ive always had what i consider too much discharge. I have irregular periods and I used to blame the bumps on my birth control. Until a wk or 2 ago that I noticed a bump on my inner leg right where the edge or your panties go. Before that one went away I started to get another one right behind my vagina on the side of my butt crack. The thing is other times I had the feeling I would get them around my period n when I started they would start to go away, as if they would get drained. But iv had this one for the past 3 or 4 days and yesterday it got really swollen plus I started my period n right now i cant stand it! It hasnt gone away at all Ive ever bn told to do is to keep dry and damp cloths. Ive bn off pills for 4 months so i cant blame it on that anymore. N im just starting to panic a bit. Anyone relate to this?
I have the same problem right now. I have a sore lump it feels like on my bikini line, I'm really scared cause I don't know what it is. And its making my bikini line sore. And leg a little bit. what do I do please someone help!
I have the same problem right now. I have a sore hard bump that moves around on my bikini line under my skin and I'm really scared I don't know what it is. Its making  my whole bikini line area hurt and my leg sorta. Can someone help me please!! I'm freaking out.
did anyone find out what this was and how to help it?
So heres my answer..I had to do something out of emergency yesterday morning because I just became worst than before. The bump ended up like a huge cherry size and I started to notice a dark spot like it would start to bleed. So I panicked and started calling gynecologists trying to get someone to see me. After no luck I decided to head on to our border friends and was seen by a very good gynecologist. I was diagnosed with BARTHOLINI GLANDS or CYSTSwhich if you google it you will see plenty of similar stories and images. Turns out that I happen to be the kind of women that tends to get these 'glands' swollen or infected easier than others. Just like some ppl are more subtle to acne than others, I am more to bartholini cysts. Let me say that I was having a very hard time walking and sitting and with the antibiotics I was prescribed I am almost bartholini free in less than 24hrs. I was told that it might happen over n over n theres different ways to fix this but for now I'll just be on medication until further experiences. Ladies check it out n see if this can be the answer to your concerns and get to a dr asap. Hope it helps someone out =).
I have a bump on the right side of my vagina and I can pop it and puss comes out I found it like two days ago and in 15 and I am a virgin and it does hurt when pressure is put on it and its like an inch long but it's only really swollen where I popped it and it almost feels like a knot when you feel it
Sweetie, unless you are sure its a pimple or ingrown hair, I know its not safe to be popping these things because then you expose them to infections. Specially since it is in a usually humid area a lot of bacteria build up around these parts. I reccomend you go to a dr, or talk to your parents, even if its embarrising or scary. Your parents have to understand that infections,bumps, lumps or whatever can happen to virgins AND non virgins =). Good luck!
hiya i am just writting to say that i have a really bigish lump on my left hand side of my virgina and it really hurts wen i walk or i have to lie in bed a certain way and also i have to sit a certain way and am gettin really worried but me and my boyfriend have both bin tested for std and they come back as negitive and i wud like to get rid of the lump before tomorrow because i am going to see my boyfriend tomorrow and i dont want to be uncomfertable ! i didnt notice this until wednesday nite please get back to me as soon as possable please so i can get rid of it thanks
I had this happen to me a month ago and thought it was just an ingrown hair..and hoped it was. I used a hot compress. I figured it will either reduce swelling and loosen the hair, or it was develope a head. Well it developed a head so the next day i went to the doctor and had it lanced..it was a staph infection. No clue from what. For now on i think i will always do the hot compress 1st
Hi ... I just came home from school and my left side of my Virginia is very painful , I also have never had sexual intercourse . Its a pea size and has a white head very hard if anyone knows what it might be please let me know  
i have a lump on my lip and im 17 and i really scared i am sexual active and i haven't been for awhile but i shaved my vagina and then it was  itchy and then sunday may 22 i took a bath a felt a lump and i was huge i popped it but i don't know what it is im freaking out
HELP!!! Near the back of my vagina I've got a red sore area? Never had it and checked it out, its quite a big red swollen patch??? So sore when I walk and can feel it when I walk?? Haven't had sex before so not sexually active. It also doesn't move?? And had it for like 2 days now?? What should I do... Really worried /:
I have a bump about the size of a pee and I'm kinda freaked because my boyfriend has something similar but we both know that we don't have any stds...what should I do?
I have a ball like lump under the very top of my thigh and the begining of my butt and i know it is from shaving but how on earth do you get rid of them....anddd i get little red bumps which im pretty sure is razor burn, how do you stop getting razor burn....any home remedies???
See your doctor if it worries, clearly it could be anything from an ingrown hair to a cyst, so guessing won't do anyone any good. Best get it checked out! always always always go to the doctor! :)
I also have bumps. I have one on the right lip of my vagina the size of an almond. That one is going away. But I also have one that hurts really bad on my inner thigh ( the bikini line ) the size of a quarter. It hurts when walking because my underwear rubs against it. Im 16 and never had sexual intercourse. Ive havent done anything sexual like foreplay in 8 months. I have no idea what this is but I just want the swelling & the pain to go away.
When I started to wash last week I felt a pain near the left side a little aways from the clit. It felt like a pimple. I pressed on it and I can feel it rolling around under the skin like a little ball. I can pinch it with my finger and it hurts. I decided to take a better look with the mirror. I see nothing down there visually. They area dosent hurt until I touch myself again and press down to find the ball again which rolls around. I want to say its a gland. Then again I want to say its a cyst. But I am not sure. Anyone experience this or any suggestion what to do?
I had my first one of these bumps two years ago....it hurt to sit or do anything, my clothes rubbed up against it.  Since I couldn't really see it but I could feel it, I had popped it myself and it went away but now I have another one again I waited a few days and popped it but it is still there so I checked again today and even had my boyfriend looked cause I saw a whitehead on it but I just got out of a hot shower and had my boyfriend looked to see if there was a whitehead on it but he said it looked like it already popped. but it still has a bump and it hurts cause it is right where the side of my underwear rubs against it.  I do shave down there and I haven't had sex in a few weeks.  I am also on my period now.  This ***** I am miserable.  I wish these things would quit coming back.  Maybe I should stop shaving, lol...they probably will stop.
It sounds like a cyst. I use tea tree oil on it when I get them, it works every time! The lump will be gone in a couple days. You can get it in health food stores.
I have one as well but I'm 16 and had sex with my boyfriend, he has been my only one but he has has 6 other partners. I'm worried because we had sex 5 days ago and it just aspired, its hard and cNt be popped and about an inch away from my vagina, need advice!
I also have this problem I noticed it yesterday and didn't really want to go to my doctor and get my bits out but reading up on this it remind me of wen I was 14 4 years ago now and I had the same lump on my arm pit and was told by my doctor it was a lymph node but I can't remember what I did to get rid of it I've tried the hot towel warm baths but they don't seem to be hurting my mother said not to mess with it and I don't but how can it be helped when you wear underwear. Its really sore and I'm soo embraced about it I won't let my boy friend any were near me and he doesn't even no why bless him now he's taking it personal help pleaseeeee !!!!!  
They don't seem to be working sorry wot can I do to get rid of it
I have had a swollen lump in my inner right thigh next to my vagina and it worried me sick.  It's the summer months so I recently started shaving quite a bit.  I unfortunately popped it last night b/c it was bothering me so bad and really hurt to walk.  I placed a hot, wet rag on it for several minutes and squeezed around the bump but not directly on it. It finally popped with an enormous amount of blood and an extremely long hair.  So, I am guessing that it was just an infected hair but not relying on it. Everyone should go see a doctor for this type of thing, as well as me.  I am hoping I didn't do things worse by popping it but it does feel better this morning.  
I'm 14 and just had sex a couple weeks ago for the first time.. I haven't had sex since then but I've done some genital touching. I now have a small swollen lump on my inner thigh on my panty line and I tried to pop it but nothing happens. I also shaved that area a couple weeks ago...any help or advice would be great!
i have the same ****, with the lump no white head and so on. But dont want to go to the doctors about it im very shy and can barely go out of the house in a bikini even though i dont have a bad body at all.
But yeah so what would happen if i just left it ? would it go away after time. or just stay there and slowly get bigger and will soon be the size of a second head and will become a respected member of family named pracilla?
I have swollen lumps on the sides of my vagina. Like the creases in your legs bikini lines I guess you could say. The are hard areas like bulls that you get and they hurt what could this be? Im worried no discharge or anything of that matter. An they have color resends spots and all over
i have something similar it hurts when my panties push on it or when i squeeze my legs together it feels like a little lump .. should i go to the doctor im afraid to tell my mom . but if anyone can give me some advice on what to do with this id really like that . ive had it for like maybe a week i think . . it started bugging bad today . its like swollen kinda .. help :O
I have been reading all these comments and their all relating to the vaginal area. I have a bump on the back of my leg, right below my butt cheek, that I always thought was one of my moles but its the same color as my skin. Its been laying dorment, until yesterday it started irritating me and i felt it and it was huge! So I took a look at it and it looks really irritated. has any one heard of this?
I also have a bump on my right side of my vagina for the past 2days and it seems to grow and very painful when i walk or sit down..i just had my baby 4wks ago. Could this be part of it?
I noticed multiple lumps in different areas under my vagina skin. They just seemed to appear yeserday afternoon and I'm kind of worried. I'm only 13, but if they don't go away soon, should I get them checked out?
i am only 12 but i have noticed a pea sized lump underneath my skin there like a dot in the middle of the lump and there a bit of blood, i'm worried sick, do you know what it is?
Hey I have a blue buised kinda ball between my anus and vagina and it doesn't hurt at all and I can move it around and push it flat but it feel as if there's liquid insid eand I am really
Worried incase its cancer or something serioud but the main reason I want to check is because I don't want to infertile but I'm really shy about things like that and its a little embarrasing
Any advice ? Has any one else got the same problem ? I'm 14 and am not sexually active and have never has any sexual contact please someone help me ?! Xx
I have the same problem. I have two bumps on the right side of my vagina and I've had them for awhile because I thought they would just go away. I never would have guessed it would have been swollen glands. Should I get them removed since they've been there so long? Or should I just apply heat? Any suggestions?
Bartholin cyst is what a lot of these sound like. It is NOT an STD, so don't be embarrassed to have someone take you to the doctor! (Btw,if you don't have insurance, you can STILL go; you just have to pay out of pocket. Get an idea of what that would be. By all means pay your bills--make arrangements if need be--but don't feel  like you can't go.) I've had one at least once, possibly twice, both times before I was married/ sexually active. I won't tell you not to drain it because, well, some of us are going to do that  anyway, BUT make very sure the needle and your hands are clean. My advice would also be that  if  you're at  a  point to go to the  doctor to have it  drained (in one case for me it was just too deep under the skin to resolve without  a  doctor's help), INSIST on the painkilling/ numbing shot. Sometimes they  think the shot will hurt less than non-anesthetized draining. Um, no. If you could've stood the pain, you bold types would've lanced it yourselves by now. Good luck!
I have something similar
I'm female and 29. I've had this thing for a few years now, just figured it would go away. At first it was a lump varying in size from about a pea to slightly bigger sometimes smaller. It was along the panty line in between my legs. It was not visable and nothing was protruding but would get sore sometimes and made walking uncomfortable but not unbearable.  It can also moved around a bit under the skin when I'm grabbing it.Then it started to come to a bit of a head and I did what most people would do and started picking at it. What came out was sometimes clear, or white or a mix of both. It would get smaller but never go away. From all the picking now I have a redish scar with darker spot in the middle. Nothing comes out that spot now when squeeze (I think it's healed over to many times) but instead a very smelly whitish substance comes out a hole I can't even see right next to the original one.
So now I seem to be getting more of them. Sometimes I'll get the odd one on my bum but still along the underwear line or close to it. My original one is still there but not as big. Doctor proscribed some cream because I got mine infected but didn't get rid of it. He stressed not to pick or squeeze it. He also said don't worry about it. Which to me means, I don't really know what it is, but it doesn't seem to be an immediate problem. And it's not at all untill it grows in size then gets uncomfortble. As of now I've had maybe 6 or so of these irritating things and 3 of those never came back. The others come and go.
I have lost alot of weight in the past few years and started healthier eating habits. I've also been doing lots of exercising and heavy sweating so maybe it is something caused by clogged sweat glands or pours. It's very confusing to self diagnose as I went through cysts to HS to clogged sweat glands. I'm going to make an extra effort to keep the area free of sweat for prolonged periods of time, but I still need to workout or I'll get fat again. If it's gets much worse I'll demand the doctor do something.I don't care about scars I'm more concerned about comfort.

I live in Canada and I'm more then gratefull for our health care but am starting to realize that when your not directly paying for it Doctors seem to be less concerned with helping you. They get paid for the visit if you show up and has nothing to do with proper diagnosis, just get them back out the door so the next patient can get in. Ok so maybe I'm just a bit iffitated with my doctor at the moment.
And now I have a sore anus and have recently felt a pea sized or smaller lump under the skin, not visible right at the opening. I don't think it's hemroids because it's not veiny or dark in colour. It only hurts when I touch it while wipping or squeeze my rectal muscles. Was a bit worried but now I'm thinking it's the same things along my underwear line.
Anyway just wanted to share and see if anyone ever had one on thier anus. I'll monitor it for a bit see what happends then off to my less than helpfull Cuban doctor.
Iam 8 half months pregnant and my vagina lips r swollen and blue colour does anyone know what this is it doesn't hurt jst get stabbing pain sometimes but think that's due to near birth of baby. Xx
i resently noticed a medium bump on my vaginal area never been sexually active any advise?
i have 3 lumb on my vagina n 1 on my butt i never had it on my butt i dont know what to do im scard. i know the 3 on my viagina i had that before but not im my butt it hurts alot dose anybody know what i can do or use plzz i need help
oh my goshh, i have the same issue. i have like four though. and they just keep appearing. it really freaks me out and im glad to know im not alone. i think ill try that hot compress thing!
i have the same problem. i usually get this lil bump close to the vagina. I get it before or after my period. It hurts a little, if i squish on it it grows, feels hard... kind of like a syst. After messing with it i get a white dot on top just like the ones on pimples. I squish till pus comed out. goes away n comes bck again every month. Can anyone tell me what it is? =( its not an ingrown hair.
Does it affect sexual activities with my partner, or will I have to wait until the swelling goes down?
I have the same problem. The first time it came around it was much smaller nd I was able to POP it which told me it was a pimple...this time around its increased in size but can't seem to squeeze tight enough because it hurts.I'm afraid it may be something more serious than a pimple...any ideas on what I should do?