Swollen vaginal lips

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Swollen vaginal lips

My boyfriend and I haven't seen eachother for a few months! About a week ago we saw eachother again for the first time . We have sex now All the time and now my vaginal lips are really swollen. I wouldn't have noticed it unless he said something but now they hurt a little when I touch them, is that just from having a lot of sex? Will it go away? Or do I have to go to the gyno? I'm out at school and i don't have a gyno out here and i fell a little uncomfortable going to see the male gyno on campus!! Please help!!
A lot of sex and a lot of arousal is probably the cause.  I don't think it's a big worry.  If you haven't had sex for a while then acted like rabbits things are probably a little tight down there.  Maybe take a break for a couple days and see if it clears up.  Also get yourself some KY Jelly to make sure there is plenty of lube.  It's pretty nice stuff.  :-)  Friction could be causing some irritation.  

Something else that popped in my head was if you are using latex condoms maybe you're having a slight reaction to latex.  Just a thought unless you know for a fact that you are not allergic to latex.
The frequency with which you are having sex could most definitely have this affect.  I second the suggestion for additional lubrication.  KY or Astroglide work well.  I know when my boyfriend and I have sex more than a couple times in one day, I am sore the next day or two.

I also used to have a reaction to condoms with spermicide.  Once we switched to non-smermicide condoms, I did not have that problem anymore.

Hope one of these will help.
I had the same thing happen to me after ahving sex for the first time (weeks after). Sense I really didn't know what to expect I had no idea. Then My Hubby and I tried with nothing (do not do this with a casual bf or if you DO NOT want a baby !!!!!!!! And actually also if you do not trust the guy, in other words I am not saying to try this but I was married!!!) anyway the swelling and the pain went a way. You could try to use latex free condoms. Good luck.
Oh, this happened to me a few weeks ago. My bf and I are long distance so I saw him after 6 weeks. I had just got off the plane, had a glass of wine.

After having sex the 1st time my vulva started feeling really warm and tingly.

Then when he looked, he told me the lips (inner labia) looked like mini sausages and he was right!

That has never happened to me in my life! Anway it went down after half a day and has not happened since.
I need an opinion with something similar to this also.

Today I had sex with my boyfriend of 4 months.
We have sex regularly, but not too much, maybe a few times a week.
I am on the Contraceptive Pill and am alergic (allergic) to Latex so we don't reguire condom's as I am checked for any STD's when I collect my Pill packets from the family planing clinic. And i don't have any, neither does my b/f.
I am also much less likely to become pregnant on the pill.

But earlier on today I had sex with my boyfriend and Afterwards My outer labia was very swollen especially close to my vaginal opening. Also, my Inner labia was very red.
This has happened a few times. Not much but occasionally.
The swelling usually goes down after a 24 hours but can occasionally stay for slightly longer.

I don't have much problem with lubrication as I tend to have many orgasms and am usually very well lubricated anyway.

Does anyone have any idea why this may be happening?
It just happens to be conserning me, that is all.
Me and my boyfreind didnt have sex for a while and when we had sex my vagina felt sore and really hot when he looked it was swollen i stuck a cold compress and it stoped, but  it shappend a couple more times after and we ws really scared. we decided not to have sex for a while but when he  fingerd me it happend again when ever he dose anything down there i swell up  help?
i'M GOIN THROUGH THE SAME THING... MY BOYFRIEND WENT TO SEE HIS FAMILY FOR TWO WEEKS AND WHEN HE CAME BACK WE GOT BUSY. THE NEXT DAY I WAS SWOLLEN AND SORE... IT HASNT GONE AWAY YET BUT IT SEEMS TO GO BACK DOWN EVERY TIME I SOAK IN A WARM BATH. WE DIDNT HAVE SEX THE NEXT NIGHT TO SEE IF THEY SWELLING WOULD GO DOWN AT ALL AND IT KINDA DIDNT. IT DOESNT HURT WHEN I PEE OR ANYTHING MY "LIPS" ARE JUST SWOLLEN. I GUESS JUST KEEP TAKING HOT BATHS AND CLEANING YOURSELF EXTRA CAREFULLY TWICE A DAY.
im goin throught the same thing the person above me is...me and my boyfriend have sex probably 3 to 4 times a week, and a few months ago, i noticed my lips were swollen. i thought they would go down within a few days or so, but they didn't. they don't hurt at all, but they just stay swollen ALL THE TIME! can somebody give me advice on this??? i take showers daily and clean myself well...but nothing seems to help...
I think it's probably from having intercourse too often. This happens to me, too, but goes away usually the next day. If it doesn't go away with in a week, I would get tested or go to a gynocologist.  Usually, I feel really aroused, but I don't get wet enough and the inside feel kind of dry, but I can still lubricate that outside.
this all sounds fam to what im going thru now.  bf and i had sex yesterday and 1 session lasted a good long while and at 1 point, started burning bc lack of lube.  anyway, woke up this morning and notice some swelling.  its doesnt hurt or anything but we noticed that when i sit, it kinda gathers all in 1 spot and almost looks like a ball and its kinda squishy.  im hoping this is nothing and hoping it'll go away in a day but just wondering if you guys had this or did anything in  terms of icing or hot showers or anything?
I'm having a similar problem.
I don't know if it is from having sex, or if I have a yeast infection.
I had one, and I took something for it, and the symptoms went away for a few days.. But then they kind of came back.. But I've been waiting it out..
Before I used the product, I had something that felt swollen inside, but I could feel it on the lips. It just feels like a round hard.. ball?
I didn't pay attention to whether or not that went away when I used the product..
So I don't know if I'm having sex too often, or if it could be the yeast infection.. Because at the moment I'm on my period, and the pain and size seems to be increasing. It doesn't hurt, really, unless there is pressure on it.
I'm just confused.. Thanks for your help. :)
I DNT KNOW WHAT TO DO I HAVENT HAD SEX IN 3 DAYS BUT YESTERDAY MY VAGINAL AREA STARTED TO ITCH AND AS I SCRATCHED IT IT STARTED TO BLEED AS I TOOK MY PANTS OFF TO GET IN THE BATH I NOTICED MY VAGINAL LIPS HAD SWOLLEN AND IT WAS SORE DOWN THERE I DNT KNOW WHAT COULD BE CORSING THIS BUT HOPFULLY YOU COULD HELP ME !
to all the ladies out there... the vagina lips s swelling is basically known as bartholin's cyst!!!!!!!!

Most women don't even know they have a bartholin's gland, (I don't know why that is, we learned about them in school). It is a tiny gland inside each of the labia near the opening of the vagina, one gland on each side. They produce fluid that lubricates the vagina. There are tiny ducts in the gland and if those get 'clogged' up by skin cells or secretions, it can form a cyst - (a fluid filled sac). The cyst can grow from the size of a dime to larger than a golf ball. They can be tender and very painful when they are infected. Sometimes they aren’t painful at all and you just wake up one morning with a swelling on one side of your vagina, don't panic, there is help.

What caused this annonying cyst? Sometimes they are caused by an infection in the Bartholin’s gland, but not always. The painful ones tend to be infected. Usually the infection is from the normal bacteria that are found on your skin and in your vagina. Virgins get these annoying cysts too, it doesn't only happen to females that are sexually active, so don't be afraid to tell your parent that you need to see a gynecologist.

How do I know if I have one?

You'll know if you have one. It isn’t very subtle. There will be a round tender 'lump' in one of the vaginal lips, near the opening of the vagina, use a mirror and you will see it. Cysts that get infected can become very painful. Go to a gynecologist or your health care provider and let that person determine if it is infected.

Treatment:

The treatment really depends on several things; the size of the cyst, how painful it is, if it is infected and how your health care provider chooses to treat them. A culture of the fluid in the cyst is usually taken to determine what organism is causing the infection, if indeed it is infected. Some cysts are just treated with oral antibiotics.

Your gynecologist might decide to put a 'drain' into the cyst, The drain (like a thick string) stays in place for about 2 to 4 weeks. This allows the fluid to drain and causes a small opening to form inside the lip of your vagina. The drain is removed after that 2 - 4 week period. (Not a painful removal at all, not for me anyway). The opening will heal by itself, it will not be a noticeable opening.

If you have had a cyst that keeps coming back or if it is very large, usually larger than a grape, your gynecologist may decide to do a different procedure, especially if you have had it drained already. An incision is made in the cyst to drain the fluid that has built up inside. (I have had it done, it is fairly painful, but Tylenol helps and it is worth getting rid of the darn thing)! This, however, is no guarantee that it will never come back OR you can get another one. If it does come back It can be treated again. (The procedure is called marsupialization, from the word that means to make a pouch). Antibiotics may be given to you at this time also.

Sometimes an oral antibiotics is all that is needed to treat a cyst, especially if you catch it early. Remember, it is not necessarily caused from an STD, not most of the time. Let your health care provider know if it does reoccur, don't wait for it to become too large again.

Prevention

You really can't actively prevent them, if you know of a way, let me know. I found that the pressure on that area of my body from riding my bicycle caused my cyst to flare-up. It seems to be more of a case of bad luck than anything else, ask your GYN, that is probably what they will say also. Many women never get one at all. If you do get one (or one on each side), it does tend to come out when you are stressed or 'run down'. If you think you have a Bartholin's gland cyst, call your health care provider right away so you can get early and effective treatment.

I Am A Virgin, But to day my boy friend wanted to eat me out and i let him... when he was done and he had left my place, i could fell the inter lips of my vagina and it was alil warm and also very swollen, and red, of course the first thing that came to my mind was something is seriously wrong and i really wanted to call and cus him the **** out but then i got on the internet and googled this and found this site, its very confusing because the only thing i can think about is that i dont have sex, so this helped me some but im still confued, any more advice or, help
Singed, Just Dont Understand
it's mostly friction. come on! you gotta think about it. his pubic area hitting the sensitive tissue of our genitals. when someone gets punched in the eye, the area swells. it's kind of the same thing! i wouldn't worry too much about it.

to KayConfused-

was this your first time to have oral performed on you? if so, then you're probably fine. the skin around our vaginas are VERY, VERY sensitive. and when someone repetitively touches it, brushes it with facial hair, etc, it can get very irritated!
hi to all the ladies out there suffering with swollen vaginal lips. i am experiencing something similar andneed some advice, my left vaginal lip has almost doubled in size since having sex with my boyfriend 2 days ago. we are both clear of sti's so i know its not an sti. The sex we had was quite rough so it could be friction but when i examined myself and felt the swollen vaginal lip i notice a lump within the swelling, this is worrieing me a bit, the swelling is quite big and the lump is within the swelling near my clit. could this still be down to rough sex? or could the lump i think i can feel just be swelling?  can anyone help me please.  nikki
alright same thing happened with me. Didn't have sex with my boyfriend for about 3 or 4 weeks and then we had really good sex and i had to stop early cause i was feeling sore. so we stopped and layed there for awhile then all of a sudden he flips out cause my lips are tripled the size they usually are. I got scared and googled for help and I found this...

From reading all these posts it looks like this is normal but it ***** to go through, so next time i'm gonna use KY Jelly. I hops everyone heals ok!
I had sex with my bf over the weekend and now at home I am noticing that my vagina lips are swollen and it hurts when I pee. It is red where it is swollen but on the inner lip the color is fine. The swelling is just putting it 'out there' It is itchy and that is how I noticed it. I know neither of us have STD's. Any ideas, can anyone help, please????
this has happened to me once too. i had to go to the doctor to get some antibiotics for it. some kind of bacterial infection. it usually goes away in a few days
im having the same problem  im 17teen and me and my boyfriend have been together for a year we have sex all the time and we both been check so we dont have any thing but after we had sex one day my right lip was real swollen and twice the other one side and it hurts to touch it and it just dont seem normal
i have and have had it b4 the same thing with the swollen lips i went to the doctors and it actually turned out to be bacterial vaginitus which is kind of like a yeast infection but is more popular it can be caused by tight panties that are not breathable, douching scented bath soap or perfumes there are a few other things that can cause it too but douching is actually a bad thing to do it can cause the bacteria that is supposed to be there for protection to go into over drive hence causing infections. there is medicine that your doctor can prescribe that you use for 3 to 5 days just like for a yeast infection and it goes away.
i hope this helps
Me and my boyfriend have had sex recently and frequently and never had a problem.
But since yesterday night, my vagina was unbearingly itchy, and today I noticed a white odourless discharge. Also just a few minutes ago I realized I was really sore down there, and I noticed that my left inner labia was slightly swollen.
This has NEVER happened before.
Could this be a yeast infection? Something else?
Any advice?
Please let me know as soon as you can!
hi everyone. i have noticed the same problem. this has never happened to me before and i am freaking out.! i dont know if i should go to the doctor or not. my vaginal lips are VERY swollen and they hurt. i cant sit down without pain. me and my boyfriend have been together for 8 months but we havent had sex lately. he fingers me sometimes but nothing like this has ever happened. my clit has like dissapeared from the swelling.. there isnt a smell but there was some discharge about an hour after. when he was finished i had to pee but i didnt notice until i got home. it hurt while he was doing it but it didnt bother me. someone help!  i want my vagina back!!!
yer this happpened to me when me n my bf had sex

the swelling and soreness will *** in a couple of days use bath and showers the relax the muscles around the area this will help!!
Hi, Im havin the same problem  also. I have been going out with my boyfriend for 3 and half years and this has never happened to me when he fingered me or when we had sex. We havent performed anything in about 3 weeks. Last nite he fingered me and whilst he was doing it I found it very painful. We also had sex for like ten minutes and this was painful too.  When I went home and went to the toilet I realised that my right 'lip' was swollen. This morning when I woke up it is still the same. Its a little sore and also irritating against my underwear. I dont no what this could be. Maybe due to friction?
Can someone please help.
Thanx!!
I was intamite with my husband a little over a moth ago and immediately afterward i began to itch and it still has not gone away. i had a CA-125 blood test done and the doc says that i am perfect. we are clean of STD's and no pill will take this away. I have itched and scratched so much that i regularly make myself bleed to where i have to wear panty liners when i am not on my period. and by the way when i am on my period the itching is just as intense when i am not on my period. to make matters worse, i was scratching today and after i was done, i noticed that i was a bit uncomforable when i walked and when i went to go check myself, i was extrememly swollen like i have only been when my husband and I are intamit for about 4-8 hours, and after I gave birth to my babies! I look like a monster down there! I was assuming that maybe when i scratched that i put enough friction for that certain area to swell due to arousal, although i certainly did not feel aroused as it would be impossible with this constant itching! But when that has happened to me before as a result of my husband and I being intamite, the swelling went away withing 24 hours!!!!!!! PLZ HELP!!!!
i had just had sex and my lips of my vagina went so swallon and red. its happened b4 but not this bad its the hole thing its paainful and i cant sit or pee. i have had an STI before but got rid of it iv been wif my bf 4 2years and the swalling wont stop. i have it right now it will last a day then go away it only happens when we dont have sex for ages or after my period its really upsetting me thinking i have an STI again but im sure he hasnt cheated on me... HELP.....
*worried*... pretty much wat has happened to all of yaw... but i jus had sex wit my bf and the 'lips' are swollen and hurt a lil when i sit. it kinda happens alot.. like almost every time we do it.. i wait a day or two before we do it again and after we do it it swells back up. i dont think it is friction cuz most the time i am wet or use KY and if i dont wait a coupla days before doin it again then its like really painful during and after intercourse, feels like on the inside tho... so idk wat the **** is goin on..
please helpp!
Im 15 and this has been my 5th time having sex with my boyfriend,
we had sex saturday night and half way threw he realized he was allergic to the condoms,  after that night i have been so sore i swelled up for a day but it still burns, i really have no idea what to do ! and i am to scared to go to a doctor , PLEASE HELP !
I had this problem for the first time yesterday after having sex with my boyfriend. I've read forums and stuff online, and Bartholin's glands seem to be the culprit from reading.

Question though, and be prepared for TMI. I slept on it hoping the swelling would go down. When it didn't I started googling and discovered information on B glands. Since they don't know why women spray, I decided to do this to myself and maybe get the fluids flowing.

I've never done this with a boyfriend (too embarrassing), but I know I spray and how to get myself to spray. Anyway, I did this and the swelling went down about an hour afterward. Coincidence? Are women with this condition more likely to spray during intercourse? Are these glands related to spraying. Just a thought. Good luck if you're having this problem.
I am glad I am not the only person who has this happen to them. I am 44 yrs old but when I was in my late teens this started to happen to me. I am pretty sure its from being very aroused during sex, too much sex, or rough sex. It also happens to me if I use soap with any frgrance. Please consider buying scent free soap like Dove for sensitive skin and also don't use detergents with a perfume or scent. Get plain Tide, nothing funky with lilacs and ocean mist crap. My husbad put some lilac detergent in the was this week that he bought because it was cheap & now I am an itchy swollen mess!!  
Well, same old, same old.  I have a long distance bf.  We hadnt had sex for 6 months, after I came back we've been having sex every day.  I developed the lump lips, or the swollen lip 2 weeks ago, after been having sex for an entire month.  So i didnt think it was the sex.  We dont use protection, cuz i have a coil for 10 years.  He things i could be allergic to his ***, but i dont thing so, we've had sex before, and this is the first time it has ever happen to me.  i have been actively sexual sinse i am 14, I am 29 now and I have never had this happen before.  I am worried, I am in another country, that is not my own, so i dont even hav ea doctor I can go to.  My mom has a removal of a Bartholin glad a couple years ago, but I remember her pain was unbearable.  She could't sit, she could walk, she couldnt even wear jeans.  I dont have a problem with it, but one of my lips is just swollen and theres a glad that you could feel in the inside.  Its usually the size of a grape but when i get turned on it gets bigger..  Im just so worried, I am traveling through Europe this summer and I don't know what to do.  Can any doctor please just write to us?
Ok so last night me and my bf had sex without a condom, i was getting dry and it was really rough so it started to hurt but we kept going. imediately after i went home, and noticed HUGE discomfort when i walked. i grabbed a mirror to check what was going on and i was HORRIFIED by how swollen and puffy everything down there was...it looked like someone inflated my poor vag. i had no idea what to do so i went to sleep and the next morning it was the same. i researched and though for sure i had some type of cyst because the right inner labia  toward the bottom opening of my vagina and the skin in between the inner and outer labia was a bug puffy soft bubble!! it looked like some sort of swuishy tumor. so i read this and on here someone said the whole warm water bath thing...so i got in the tub and sat right under the faucet and ran HOT water right on top of my vagina for a good 5 min straight...and did this three times throughout the day today. NOW ITS GONE!!! and my vagina is back to normal!!! try this ,maybe it will help ya'll out too!!
As for the Bartholin's gland cyst, I went to the gyno with a bump on one lip once and he said these are actually very rare.  So this is just one idea.  Don't go freaking out that you have a a Bartholin's gland cyst.

Friction and sex, ladies.  The labia fill up with blood when you are aroused, the swelling SHOULD go down within a few days at the most.  Also consider sensitivity to products used, condoms, lube, even fabrics or other items that may come into contact with your genitals.  I have shown to be sensitive to condoms with certain lubes, fabric products (softeners and detergents), even my partener's ejaculate.

Just be aware of your body and ask a proactive profesional if at all possible.  AND practice safe sex REGARDLESS of what he tells you!
Me and my boyfriend had not seen each other for a few days, we usually have sex, 2/3 times every night. I seen him last night and we began foreplay, everything was fine, until i noticed it beginning to hurt slightly, i didn't take any notice being caught in the moment, until it began hurting a lot, i didn't stop to look, i just thought it would be sore due to not having sex for a few days..i just carried on.. after sex my boyfriend told me that it felt ''different'' down there and i should have a look.. he went out the room and while he was gone i noticed that i had a big lump on one side of the entrance to my vagina and a smaller one on the other side. They hurt when i touched them. My boyfriend had a look he said it looked like cysts or something terrible like that.. I got myself all worried about what it could be. My boyfriend said that i should sleep on it and go too the doctors/GUM in the morning if it was still the same. Later on i noticed it had gone down slightly. In the morning i woke up to find that they where totally gone! i don't know what happened or why it swollen so much, but from experience it is nothing to worry about and they will go down after a short amount of time, if they do not. You should seek medical attention..
I had sex for the first time in months and afterwards I was very swollen and there was a slight very light bleeding? Is this normal or should I go see gyno!? Please help!!
About a week ago I recieved oral sex and was fingered very roughly by a new partner. At the time of the pleasure I realized that my partners actions were a bit to intense for me so I put an end to it and went to bed. When I woke up the next day my Labia Majora (vagina lips) were EXTREMELY swollen and uncomfortable. I also felt a horrible burning sensation after urinating. I panicked and tried putting a wrapped ice pack on my genital area, used a cool compress, and soaked in a bath non of which did much help just relieved minor pressure. I kept a close watch on it and after about 48 hours everything was back to normal. I am quite certain the swelling was caused by trama to my organs/glands and the friction caused from my glands not having time to lubricate. If this happens to you do not worry give your self a little time to "heal". Nevertheless it never hurts to consult a doctor because its possilbe you may have a cyst or infection that needs to be treated...better safe than sorry.
so i just recently started seeing this guy and we had sex the other day and he is extremely large and now my lips are extremely swollen and irritated for some reason i am not getting as wet as i used to and i honestly dont like lube and he said that i am extremely tight so it takes us a lil to get going would the fact that he is so large and i am so tight be causing my swelling and how do i fix that and how can i get more wet with out lube i guess u could say naturally?
so i havent had sex with my boyfriend in over a month hes been in another state. but two days ago i noticed something wasnt right. on the inside of the lips of my vagina there seems to be swollen veins and their sore?? is this normal from time to time?? im kind of worried...reply quickly please.
my vigina (vagina) was itchy so i washed it and it started to burn. after a while when i walked it started to feel weird. iwent into my bathroom and got a mirror so i could look and see what was wrong. i saw that my vigina (vagina) lips had swolen and turned red. i didnt know what was worng so i told my stepmother .. we rushed to the nearest pharmacy and purchased monistat. it has made the itching stop and the swelling has gone down.
I went to my gyn and she told me it's maybe your skin on ur vagina and hair is tryin to come in..... so make sure you put warm water on dere for 15minz and it will be down alil and also go to the store an get cortizone.... it workz if it hurt den diz will help you trust me i know dey have all kindz any kind will help... but if it hurt real bad you should get da one dat turnz cold alil... it feelz gud

it only around $4... i hope i helped yall
If its not thrush infection, then its probably just from all the friction of sex. Mine don't normally swell but did the other night for first time in a major way. After a mini freak out on the discovery of my swollen lips, and thinking it was some sort of allergic reaction (it wasn't) I wrapped up an ice pack in some paper towel and sat on it, and it made the swelling go down. I took it off after about half an hour and went to sleep and all has returned to normal the next day. I had no pain or itching at all though. Pain and itching means go get some thrush cream/tablet and curb the intake of beer and vegemite till it all calms down!
Im only 15, im a virgin! Abd one of my lips is swollen! Im scared cuz it hurts so much! What do i do???
the opening of my vegina is sore and stings, my boyfriend and i have sex 3 or5times aday we get tested every month and i clean my self verry well.so y is this happining?
dont panic, i think this is normal. first time it happened to me, i figured ,myself it was cause to irritation. for instance, if u dont *** alot tha causes irritation and ofcourse vagina lips will be swollen. mines usually heal in  days. dnt panic!!! like they say, time will heal
i need help, im 16 and been with my boyfriend 3 years we had sex last sunday and its now wednesday and my one side of my vagina is swollen and it stings while going wee if it touches in side of the lip and it is really itchey . We did use a different condom and did go in a different persition im really worried help me please.
What if this happends and u had sex a week ago but dont have sex very ofetn i didnt use a latex condom i used a speical one made out of goat skin
I didn't have sex or anything, my right labia swelled up after I rubbed my clit alone, and I had this happening when I was on an antibiotic for an eye infection, I know I'm free of any diseases.. But it doesn't hurt or anything, it's just strange. After reading a lot of these, mine might just be from friction, I thank all you lovely ladies. If it doesn't go down by tomorrow, I'm going to the doctor.
why would it swell up if their is nothing wrong and could you die from it??
Yesterday I had sex with my boyfriend I hadn't seen him for a week and after the sex my right inner lip got very swollen this has never happened before and it is still a little swollen now, can someone help me?
i had sex last night with my boyfriend of two years however this morning when i woke up the right lip of vagina is swollen and there are a few sores/spots that really hurt to touch, even my clothes hurt them
please help?!? what could this be?
he is the only partner i have ever been with and nothing like this has ever happened before
im very worried!!!
well me and my best friend had sex whilst we were in Austria as its legal for us to have sex there. he's 18 and im 15, i was a virgin, he wasnt. i trust him completely. im on the pill so we didnt use condoms and after a few climaxes my inner labia started to swell into a red ball about the size of an apricot. it got sore and inflamed, i didnt want to tell him cos i was embarrassed, so i just went to sleep and in the morning i went to the toilet and it was still swollen. i peed and my pee was cloudy but the swelling shrunk as i peed, we were then fine to have sex after that and i've not had that problem since  
this happens to me to the odd time but i swell really bad its very awkward to walk never mind sit without anybody noticing!! i dont know what why or how its brought apon us ladys im just happy im not the only one!! x
I have a problem. I m a virgin and my lips of vagina are swelled little, firstly it hurts, I got some medicine and It suppressed, but not cured completely. This problem is raising again and again. I dnt know, what to do? Please help me.
Me and my boyfriend lately have been having alot of sex and i mean... 8/9 times a week or more, I have noticed now when being entered I have some pain on the outside of my hole, after a while during sex it goes away and i enjoy it more, But today I noticed when trying to have sex i was extremely tight we stopped intercourse and i went to inspect myself to find not only was i not lubricated in anyway but I am swollen on my walls it makes it impossible to have sex or even pleasure myself, Is this because of to much sex???
Thanks for sharing this, i have this and i didn´t know what it is.
Okay, I have been away from my boyfriend for almost a month now. When we're toqether, we have sex way more than often. But since we've been apart, I haven't had sex at all. About 3days aqo I tried phone sex with my boyfriend. After my climax, I took a shower and felt irritated in the vaqinal area. Now for the past 2days my vaqinal lips are swollen & they're sensitive to the touch. I'm worried.!!
I was raped by armed robbers $ I had a kinda discharge that won't stop but t'wasn't painful. Just suffering 4rm severe backache $ fever. Dnt know wata do really.
The best treatment for something for anything swollen would be to rest it and apply cold compresses while lying down. Don't try to walk or exercise as this will aggravate the swollen area because you will be applying friction and making that same redness and swelling get bigger. Much like a swollen or fat lip on your face, what you want to do is make sure nothing comes into contact with it. No kissing, no exfoliating, and definitely no rubbing.

It's best to refrain from sexual activity until the swelling is completely gone because if the swelling gets worse, it can lead to infection if the area gets damaged or cut. Don't apply any creams unless advised by a physician and if the swelling does not come down after 24 hours, check with you physician.
It could be an allergic reaxction to having a dog or car around. With all the touching that happens down there, if you are at all allergic to pets, and your boyfriend doesn't wash his hands after touching anything in the house, then you can get very swollen. It does''t get itchy, just swollen and it can take 1 hour to and entire day to go back down to normal. Just uncomfortable, really.
Lol it's due to friction... And a lot of four play and even if you think it's limubrucated (your cumming a lot) you are mistaken... A lot of four play and friction to this... And in some cases allergies... But I don't use condoms and I am checked for STDs, I have contraception the implamon.. The rod in my arm... But normal for a lot of four play and friction and not enough lube...
well my lips are swollen and so is my clit and it s sore and burn when i pee . so what do i do for that cause it really does burn and i hate the feeling to
I'm really scared and don't know what to do.I've recently got a bf. I had sex with him 2 days ago without a condom because I'm on the pill. So we had sex and the day after, when I went to the toilet for a wee, it started to hurt, today my vaginal lips are really swollen, the opening is itchy and so is my clitouris, what do I do ergently?:(
This happend to me tonight. My inner lips close to tje entrance was extremly swollen i just put oce and sudacrem on it and it went down as the night continued
i had sex with my boyfriend plenty of time..and out of know where, it seem like everytime we have sex..everything in my vagina gets swollen..we had unprotected sex.and didnt use any time of lubercation..it just happened..what could it be?
I am a virgin, and it's happening to me :( I was with my boyfriend the other night and he performed oral, ever since then my vagina lips have been swollen and red, slowly getting worse. What I've finally decided to do was get an ice pack and place it there on top of my underwear, it's been helping and the swelling has decreased tremendously. My advice is to try that and if it continues to go to the gyn..
I am a very fit young lady. My boyfriend and i are both working out freaks. we are not sexually active but are orally active is what you would call it. For some reason I am now having some red swelling around my vaginal lips and on the inside it just feels swollen. It is also hard to just sit up straight without feeling the pressure. I pee normal and consume the right amount of water I just can't possibly think of what I could possibly do to avoid this problem. And the last time he did oral was four days ago so I don't even know if its from that
Me and my boyfriend haven't had sex for awhile and we had sex today, first off he started fingering me then it started to hurt so I asked him to spit on his hand (for more lubrication) and it felt alittle better, so then we started to have sex as soon as we started it hurt again I didn't say anything
Me and my boyfriend haven't had sex for awhile and we had sex today, first off he started fingering me then it started to hurt so I asked him to spit on his hand (for more lubrication) and it felt alittle better, so then we started to have sex as soon as we started it hurt again I didn't say anything, so after half an hour I went to the bathroom to pee and it hurt really bad! So I took a mirror to look down there and my left vagina lip was swollen red and puffy, this has never happened before I don't know what too do somebody please help me!!