Women's Health Community
Symptoms after unprotected sex
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Symptoms after unprotected sex

Hi,

Hope someone is able to help and thanks in advance for any help given :)

6 weeks ago, I had unprotected sex but he pulled out before he came - since then I've been having some odd symptoms and I'm kind of wondering what could be causing them.

My period after the sex was a week early and was a bit heavier than normal but lasted for less time than usual. At around the same time my urine changed to a dark yellow colour and started to burn.

I've just had my second period and this time it was a week late, this time when it started it was brown blood, followed by heavier almost black blood and now when I should be finishing the blood is bright red and almost a constant slow trickle all of which is unusual for me.

My periods are always 28 days apart and last for 5 days, I'm now coming up for day 7.

As well as the changes to my period, I have a strange full pressure type feeling in my tummy and occasionally I get a sharp pain to the left hand side along with nausea which has been on and of since about the week after having sex. I also had to white/yellow watery discharge which has now stopped.

I thought the symptoms could have been std related but I've been tested and everything has come back clear. I have also taken a home pregnancy test a couple of times around the late period and they have been negative.

Does anyone have any suggestions about what could be causing the symptoms?

1711789_tn?1361311607
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to comment on the situation. Possible causes that may need to be considered include stress, infections, inflammations hormonal/ endocrine issues, nutrient deficiencies etc. If the symptoms continue, you may consider an evaluation by a primary care physician for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this helps.

Take care!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979