Symptoms after using the Plan B pill...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Symptoms after using the Plan B pill...

Recently I took about the Plan B emergency contraceptive(about 4 days ago), about 10 hrs after the condom broke while I was having sex with my boyfriend. I had a basic idea of what the side effects or symptoms after using the pill would be, but what Ive been experiencing is nothing like the infoirmation that I read about before consuming the pill...I have been vomitting non stop for about the last day. I have diahrea, headaches, sensitivity to light, and my body is severely fatigued. My body feels as if so one is taking my stomache and intestines and wringing them like you would do a wash cloth after ypou've finished using it.  I can feel my stomach doing turns anytime I try to digest any food I've tried eating...So as of lately I just stopped eating and the only thing that will calm my stomach a little is drinking water.  Another thing that has me very worried is when Im having a really bad stomache spasm I feel like I can barely breathe and my chest feels so heavy..........
.........Im not too concerned about being pregnant at this point..I want to know what in the world is going on in my body.  Has anyone else experienced these symptoms..or ever even taken the pill.  I'm wiggin out, and thinking about going to the doctor (should have consulted him before I bought the freakin pill)  I DESPERATELY NEED ADVISE
hi dosent sound good you definatly need to go to a doctor might be some type of alergic (allergic) reaction i no someone recently that this happend to and it wasent good please go to the doctors best of luck
HI

I have heard about things like that happening after the plan B pill. I took it twice but it never happened to me. Your body is just reacting to it. If it doesnt stop within like a few days than go to the doctor who gave it to you asap.

god bless
The Plan b pill four deaths occured after being taken and FDa was questioned therefore a warning label was supposed to be put on the pill nausea diarreah (diarrhea) and fever are the warning signs I hope this information is not too late.  It can cause a bacterial infection that I was never told about either when I took it.
I took plan b on september 1st and am having side effects now...about one week after I took plan b i had brown/red blood for about 4 days and now i have some light cramping and my nipples a very slightly sensitive...does this mean preganancy
hey after taking plan b i realize a few weeks lata my breast started sending some clear liquid. is that normal... did that happened to anyone before?
I took Plan B for the second time in 2 months and it has me bleeding like menastrating again, ten days after my first menastration this month, and I can't understan why.
to be honest i think any of those emergency cons are really bad for the body and dangerous

but in your case please go the the hospital or docs u may have a alergic (allergic) reaction (it sounds like some of the symptoms i have when i have reactions to things)
ive tooken the plan b pill like 4 times this year... i havent had any bad symptoms to it ... but is it bad  for me that ive used it that many times?
plan b is not a form of birth control and thats what clearly your using it as. STOP having unprotected sex and get on birth if you really really really dont want to get pregnant.!

its got a great deal of hormones in it. you need to find a different soultion to not wanting a baby such as, 1 stop having sex, 2 get on bc, 3 use condoms.
   yeah i took the pill 3 days ago and i have all the symptoms that all of u  have/had !! like all of them that crazy!!!  So is that mean that the pill is not good for women and that doc.'s.. should try to make another pill that will make us feel better not like **** !!  
know im scare to have sex again couse even if u  u use some birth control or something like that that can also make you feel sick or u can put  some fat in your body !! And if u use condoms this is what happens even if you use the condom right anything can append  ...
so what can we women and doc.. do to make this better ??
ps. I hope all of you feel better and good luck ! =)
i took plan b after i had unprotected sex. two weeks later i got my period. but i havent had my period since then, and its been two months. i thought maybe the pill messed with my cycle, especially because ive only had  my period for only a little over a year or so. any ideas?
Honestly it sounds like you could be pregnant. The bleeding you had could be a sign of pregnancy (implantation bleeding). Many women (including my mother) don't know that they're pregnant until they start showing so the test is the best way to know for sure. The directions on Plan B say that if ur more than a week late for your period, to take a pregnancy test. I would recommend that for you.

Since it sounds like you're young (and therefore may be shy about buying a pregnancy test) here is a hint. Not sure where you live or your mobility. But if you have the option, go to a neighboring town or pharmacy where you won't know anyone to buy the test. I did that when I had a scare in college and it was a lot less scary to buy then if I went to my local place where everyone knew me. Don't skimp and buy the cheapest test (try to find one that says its easy to use). Read the directions on the test carefully!

If the test comes out positive get to a doctor ASAP! After the third month you lose a lot of options. Remember to be calm. Its scary but you can handle it no matter what happens.
I took plan B about 12 days before my period begins. Is it possible for me to be pregnant? I only took ONE pill, but i researched online and it says on some websites that 2 pills should be taken....
you should go to the hospital, it may be an ectopic pregnancy. i took the pill just a few days ago. i have headaches, nausea, abdominal pain, back pain, tiredness. i'm just hoping it works lol.
Hi there, I took the pill about a week ago and  i have headaches, abdominal pain, back pain, and tiredness. I really hope it works. I am supposed to get my period the 23th of this month..I do have cramps in my lower belly and that usually tells me that my period is coming.. But I am a bit confused and worry because I dont know if it is normal to get a little bit of cramps a week before you are supposed to get your period..

I have only ever taken the pill 5 times before but every time i took it i had abdminal cramps and had a greater appetite and even had an itchy mild rash on my face which disappears onece my period is coming closer to the time! I have no idea why i get the allergic reaction as nobody seems to be having the same kind. I have no rash anywhere else apart from my T-zone on my face. I also feel rather sleepy and bloated. Does anybody know why this is?
Hi everyone.

I took the Plan B contraceptive just yesterday because super early that morning the condom broke. I haven't felt anything at all as far as any throeing up or cramping or anything. The only thing i was experiencing was more drowsiness then normal and i was getting more nauseous in the car than normal but I was still able to deal with it. I really have no idea how this Plan B works and i'm completely terrified to have a child since i'm only 18 (my boyfriend is 19) and I do not want a child at any cost.

Can someone please tell me how it works? I've been freaking out because I don't want a child and I don't know how I can tell that it's working...

Thanks~♥
I took plan B just a week ago because the condom broke during intercourse. I have not faced many of the symptoms except abdominaI pians. Another symptom that noone has mentioned is feeling the need to urinate frequantly. has anyone felt the same thing?.

Thank you.
i have took plan b and  took a test and it was yes so i freaked out then 2 days later my back hurt so bad i had to get out of the car then next day started. Took a test and it said no so. Just hang in there.
I took this pill today and in less than  5 hours I have been feeling short of breath, out of balance, I cant pay attention (its like if I am in lalaland), I feel like having fever, I have headaches and my eyeballs are hurting and feel dry (like when you have sinus). I take birth control pills, but because I forgot to take two of them at the exact time in less than a month I decided to take plan B after I had sex just in case. Maybe that's the reason why I feel like this, too many hormones?
I'm DYING to know if drinking the Plan B pill with a smoothie Affective? does it still work , ? Please Anyone let me Knoww.
I took plan B a few days ago, and since I've been unbelievably tired and my stomach hasn't felt right. I've also had some cramp like pain, almost like I would get right before my period, but i'm not supposed to get it for another 2 weeks. Any advice?
I took it about 4 days ago and im tired as alll get out, having to urinatemuch more then usual, an i have a yeast infection. I dont know f it is because of Plan B that i got one, or what. I haven't been on any prescription pills in almost over 6 months. I dont know if it is working or what. I just need advice... Please!
hi Im irregular on my periods sometime  don't have them months and sometimes years.but I have taken birth control to regulated it and it did.but a week ago I have had unprected sex and taken the plan b and know I have my period for 7days and all seven days I been having cramps and tenderness in my breasts and im cloting. but I also cloted the size of a quarter or alil bit bigger and now im just cramping alot and its not going away.wat should I do???
I had sex sep. 1 2011 around 10pm, where my partner ejaculated in me. Took plan B 4 hrs later, then the other pill 12 hrs later. I freaked out and Sat morning bought the next choice pill and took that after the 12 hrs. FYI: I'm not on any birth control and NOT currently pregnant. However, I stopped having my period since March 15 2011. Am I still at a high risk of getting pregnant when I've stopped having my period months ago? Also, when should I take a pregnancy test after I took plan B? Thanks so much!!
hi i had unprotected sex on sep, 24 and took plan b 17 hours later am having all kind of pregnancy symptoms or could it be the side effects from plan b please help .....
Seems like I am not alone with my symptoms. I wonder if I could pregnant?
I used withdrawal method of sex 26th Oct and i had intercourse on the 28th again no protection and we went all the way through. nex day (29th) I took postinor 2 around noon. Now my last period was on the 9th oct till 14th oct.
i have back ache and cramps no period. I took 2 hpt and they were negative .
am i pregnant.
How did it go?
This thread is a couple of years old and it's unlikely that the original posters are following this discussion, so we'll close it now.  If you have a question you'd like to ask or would like to start a new thread, please feel free to do so -- just click the "Post a Question" button at the top of the forum page.  Thanks!

________________________________________________

** CLOSED DISCUSSION**
            NO MORE COMMENTS PLEASE
No one on this blog are going to know your answer. I suggest you seek medical care. I had contraceptive failure too and about 30hrs later I took Second Choice. I was at the peak of my ovulation and after I took the pill I had chest pains, lower back ache, diarrhea, swelling on 1 ankle, and terrible cramps I wanted to go to the ER. I ended up waiting until i was able to speak with my doctor she told me I took the pill too late and that I could end up pregnant anyway as the pill isn't 100% effective. That as long as I wasn't bleeding or passing tissue w my cramps then wait a week and test or go to her office for a blood test. If you call the 1800 number on the box they'll be able to give you some answers. I feel guilty I actually took the pill. I am married and I guess at that time I was being a lil selfish but I would be happy with the outcome no matter which. Good luck to y'all