Symptoms of Bacterial Vaginosis
Hello ladies, I am just wondering about the symptoms of BV ~ so I went to the doctor and my PH was 5.5 and I had this strange watery discharge and discomfort down there ~ so I was prescribed antibiotics. I have tested negative for STI's incase anyone was going to suggest that! ~ is it normal for BV to feel very uncomfortable? Every time I have googled it the websites say usually it has no symptoms! Apart from the discharge and smell? And I didn't have the terrible smell just a slight change after sex and occasionally felt I didn't smell like I usually do! But I do feel uncomfortable ~ it's like a mild burning feeling and occasionally gets more uncomfortable? I am just worried for some reason!! Sorry I know this is all TMI! But any input on this would be appreciated
I think some women do have a bit of burning/irritation.  The thing is, most doctors swab discharge and LOOK at it under a microscope.  It's fairly easy to determine if it is BV ad if they treated you with antibiotics, they most likely did this.  It takes a minute to look at it and determine.  They don't send it out but look right there in the office and in my case, in the exam room I was in.  Have you completed your antibiotic?  BV can be difficult to get rid of entirely and it can take more than one course of therapy and sometimes a partner has to also be treated as they can pass it back to you if they have it.  Good luck
Thank you for your reply! I appreciate it, as I was relatively concerned as I have never had BV before just thrush. I am mid-course of antibiotics and to be honest I am already feeling so much better! I will finish the course in 3 days, and I have some probiotics for after the antibiotics as I know that they kill good and bad bacteria. so hopefully it will all be okay! I am worried about thrush to be honest with these antibiotics ~ sometimes I wish us ladies didn't have so many potential issues with this area!