TIGHT CERVIX
I HAVE ALWAYS HAD A VERY TIGHT CERVIX.  TO THE POINT OF MAKING EVERY PROCEDURE OR PAP PAINFUL.  NOT TO MENTION MY HUSBAND FEELS LIKE A RUBBER BAND HAS BEEN WRAPPED AROUND HIM.  SEX IS LIMITED BECAUSE OF THE PAIN CAUSED TO BOTH OF US.  EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE IT GOES EASIER.  I'VE TRIED EVERY LUBRICANT OUT THERE.  I'M NOT DRY I'M TIGHT.   WHAT TO DO?  I AM 51 AND TAKING HORMONES FOR MENOPAUSE.  I HAVE ALWAYS HAD THIS PROBLEM.  I NEVER HAD CHILDREN.  HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM AND HOW DID YOU FIX IT?
Could you have something called vaginismus?
OMG!!! SWEETY79 YOU ARE RIGHT ON THE MONEY.  I CAN'T BELIEVE IT.  I HAVE HAD THIS PROBLEM FOR ABOUT 35 YEARS AND NEVER KNEW UNTIL TODAY THAT IT IS NOT ONLY MY PROBLEM BUT THAT IT HAS A NAME.  YOU WILL NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE DONE FOR ME.  THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART.  J3211
WHAT IS THE QUICKEST CURE FOR VAGINISMUS??
i went through my first ivf. All the procedure was very painful.doc said my  cervix is very tight...plz tell me the solution what i do next to conceive...can the operative hystroscopy will solve the problem completely?
The person asking this question must have meant a tight vagina.  Your cervix is the part of your uterus that extends into your vagina.  There is no way her husband would be in her cervix. So hijabfatima81 you should post a new question so you can get the proper answer to your question regarding a tight cervix during In vitro treatments.
When my doctor was doing an exam and I told him that what he was doing hurt so much he said, " I'm only at your cervix and it hurts that much"?  I told him it did and he informed me my cervix is very tight.  He said it was the opening of my vagina.  Since then I have been diagnosed with Vaginismus.  I got a set of dilators and stretched overnight time and time again.  I have a small problem now instead of an impossible situation.  There is a wall that seems to hit him and stop him from going in all the way.  It does get better and women are learning about it earlier.  I saw a segment on MTV's  True Life series.  I wish I knew then what I know now.