TTC with skipped cycle?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

TTC with skipped cycle?

Hi there, I am just curious...I have been on BC for 11 years now, (injection,patch and pill). While on the pill, my cycle has been dead on..almost to the point of me knowing about the time of day (typically lunch time lol). Anyway, I have NEVER missed a cycle in my life. The first day of my last cycle was oct.15. and by now i am nearly 2 weeks late. Naturally I assumed I was preggers, only because my time of ovulation was around a busy time of the month for me and i was late a few times taking my pill and I even forgot one night. So I took about 100.00 worth of HPT and they have been all NEG.  So during this spell of "no aunt flo" me and my boyfriend of 8 years decided we would TTC..But the tricky thing is, since I i no cycle last month..will i ovulate this month? I used a ovulation calender for the next 5 months (assuming everything would have been on schedule) I am ovulating the 24-28..do you think this could still be valid?

**note**
Just FYI if i miss a cycle next month I will be going to the doc.
No one talks about it but a "period" while on the pill is not a true menses - it is simply a withdrawal bleed. So, the regularity of those "periods" do not indicate your body's natural cycle, just the regularity of your body responding to the hormone withdrawal. It is also quite common to naturally skip a cycle a year (cruel trick to those ttc), but if you don't have a visitor in 60+ days, it is commonly recommended to see your doctor.

I would suggest getting a basal thermometer to track your waking temperature if you really want to figure out your cycle. They are fairly inexpensive (less than $10 I think?). I found mine to be a life-saver the first time we were ttc because I had been on birth control so long, I had no idea what my body was going to do and I'm a control freak . Once you have a few cycles of data (if you don't get lucky), an ovulation prediction calendar would be more accurate. Also, a life-saver for me when ttc was finding out that they sell hpts at the dollar store! Good luck!