Taking a contraceptive pill break mid-pack (Yasmin)
I've been on Yasmin for about 2 years. I normally take three packs in a row and in the last week of the third pack i get some light bleeding which i see as an indicator to have a break. Except the last pack i took (which was the third in a row) I got no bleeding so got a bit arrogant and started on a fourth pack. Within 2 days of starting the new pack the light bleeding started. I'm on day 5 now.

I don't want to finish the pack and carry on bleeding for the next month, but I also don't want to just stop taking it now and wait a cycle before starting a new pack. So I was wondering if it would safe to have a break now, then resume the rest of the pack next week. I'm not a medical professional, but I can't see how taking a break after 68 days would be any different to taking a break after 63 days (three packs).

Would it be OK for me to have a break now and start the rest of the pack next week?