Tampon stuck without string

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Tampon stuck without string

A couple days ago I put in a tampon. This was on 4th of July and we got intoxicated and went swimming in the lake. That night I had forgotten about the tampon and the next day thought it fell out or something because the string wasn't there. Then I "explored" and realized it was still there, but the string was nowhere to be found. I can reach it with my fingers but have tried to get it out with various measures, but I can't get it out!! Who do I call? How do I remove it?! I'm scared of getting TSS cuz I've had this thing in for almost 3 days!! HELP! I'm scared to tell my mom.
Why are you scared to tell your Mom?  This stuff happens to all of us and I'm sure your Mom would rather have you healthy than for you not to tell her.  You don't have to tell her about the intoxication part, just tell her what has happened with the tampon.  If you can't get it out, you'll need a visit to the doctor to have it removed safely before you do get an infection of some sort.  And don't be embarrassed about a trip to the doc over it, they have seen it all!

Good Luck
This happened to me as well.  I wasn't intoxicated but I got the tampon stuck with the string wrapped around it.  I couldn't reach it so my fiance had to get it out for me.  Not the most pleasant and attractive moments but we get a good laugh about it.  My point is as embarrassing as it may seem now it is extremely important to have it taken out as soon as possible.  The longer you leave it in the more likely you are to get toxic shock syndrome.  Go speak with your mom and have her take you to the doctor or to the ER.  A friend of mine had a tampon stuck in her without knowing for weeks and had an unpleasant odor that was impossible to hide.  It's best to have it removed immediately.  Good luck and don't worry it is a common thing.
this happened to me last month. i could not locate the tampon string and posted on the board as well. someone suggested squatting down and reaching in and kind of using a scooping motion with your finger to drag it down. it worked for me.

ps: "mom" in me talking here...please be careful going swimming while being intoxicated. so much can happen when you dont think it can. my husband had to give cpr to someone who was under water for some time. he was blue. he ended up reviving him before the ambulance came. just be careful!!!
I'm with them, you should tell your mom or someone your close to, if you dont wanna do that, next step is to go to the doctor, you dont wanna leave that there.  But dont be embarrassed, My first time putting on a tampon, I didnt
know exactly what I was doing. I put the whole thing in me and it was painful, but I pulled it out and read the back of the box and tryed again, second time I got it right.  LOL.  Its a blooper now.  It wasnt funny then but it is now to me. Its normal.
When you squat down, bear down as if trying to have a BM.  This will push it down furthur and you can scoop it out as oceans described. Don't be afraid to reach far up in there.

If you can't get it out, you'll have to tell your mom so she can take you to the doctor.  It will likely smell very bad, if it doesn't already.
sooo....what happened? did you get it out?
Oh my gosh, thank you!! My tampon got stuck and the squatting thing worked. It was late at night and I'd forgotten to check and make sure the string was hanging out the end of the applicator and my fingers were too short to reach the tampon and pull it out. I tried squatting and pushing and I was able to reach it. THANK YOU!!!
Excellent advice pammy sue, and mami3213 I know how your finance feels. Love you all people x
Sweetie, you have to tell your mom. This is a serious issue! She will probably take you to a gynecologist and they will get it out for you. It will be fine, just make sure you tell your mom!