Tape worms !!!

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Tape worms !!!

Okay, first thing I'm a boy; and I'm 12; but I couldn't find anywhere else to help with apart from this womans place :l anyways I'm extremely scared of having tape worms the symptoms for me are that my tummy makes weird noises and at night I have this strange ticklish feeling at the far end of my buttom...I have spotted nothing while taking a dump haven't eatin anything raw, nor have I done anything with pigs or throwing up, and I haven't had stomach pains just noises of hunger, I get hungry often, that might be a symptom and not really any headaches and I don't think I get hungry alot but there is something...my dad had a private zoo which had lions,wolf,bears in cages and stuff and 2 dogs outside it's a big place.
But could that be any evidence? I'm shy of telling my parents as well.
So please could someone help me please.
Best wishes.
You really need to talk to your parents, only a Doctor can really diagnose your symptoms properly.  Don't  be scared, your parents are there to help. Go talk to them. I don't think you have tapeworm though, but be sure and go to the DR ;-)
You might have pinworms.  Look it up online -- the tickling at the bottom (especially at night) is a common pinworm symptom.  If it is pinworms, it is not a big deal, but your mom or dad will need to get a remedy for them for you at the doctor.  They are very common for kids to get.  Try not to worry or to be too embarrassed to talk to your folks.  Even if it were tapeworms, it is not a huge deal, but it is a lot more likely (if it's worms at all) to be pinworks.
The symptoms you describe sound more like pinworms/threadworms than anything else.  You can get a medication from the chemist ie Combantrim or Vermox (Mebendazole).  It comes as a single dose tablet or several dose chocolate squares.

But you need to speak to your parents about it - and they will get the medication.  Worms are extremely common to get.  You don't get it from animals but from other people.  Kids often get it because they share food where the kids with the worms transfers the eggs to the food and then you put it in your mouth.

There is nothing embarrassing about it - it's just one of those things.

Also you will find that your parents will probably need to treat everyone in the family, not just you as they are very contagious.
Steff1845 commented on My Nutcracker Syndrom...
Misoitani is .. Comment
facts About Meat
Jul 31 by gymdandee
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals