Women's Health Community
Terrified of bees
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Terrified of bees

I am 11 years old. I have been terrified of bees for years now. It all started when my little bro was like three or four years old. He was shaking a tree branch, and a bee stung him on the hand. People are always telling me that it is nothing to be afraid of, but i still am scared. This fear is controlling my life and i want it to stop! Please help me get over my fear!!!!! HELP!!!!!
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1340994_tn?1374197577
Exposure to what scares you is probably the most effective therapy.  You can start slowly.  Study them on line, reading all about them and look at pictures.  After you have gotten used to that, go to a museum that has insects that are preserved, and see them in their safe little drawers and boxes, pinned.  Then look for a place that has live bees or wasps inside glass terrariums that you can examine and hear the buzzing.  Then finally go to arboretums where there are lots of flowers, and therefore, busy bees.  They will be so busy with their flowers that they will pay you no mind at all.

My great aunt used to pet the bumble bees on her flowers.  They tolerated it.  Not long ago I finally got up the courage to try it.  I lowered my finger slowly onto his fuzzy back, only to see him raise one black-stockinged leg and push my finger back up and off his fuzz!  I couldn't believe it, but I saw it with my own eyes, lol.  
Blank
5150005_tn?1366429987
Thank you so much! I think that is a very great idea! That way i will get used to them. Eventually i will pet a bumblebee!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank