Thick, White Vaginal Discharge

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Thick, White Vaginal Discharge

I really need help. Before my last sexual encounter with my boyfriend, the last time we had sex was about 3-4 weeks before my last period and bout 6 days before my my period was suppose to start, I started to discharge a brown-colored substance from my vagina with a very light, small part of blood, it lasted for about two days. Then, 3 days before I was expected to start, my full period began(3 days early). That was odd enough for me, but as my period was ending, I started noticing a very smelly, dark drown discharge. I know the smell of my body, and I know that wasn't normal for me. I've been experiencing a little bit of nausea at least once a day since then and now i've noticed a very thick, smelly, white discharge. Kinda reminds me of boogers(haha). It's kinda scary to me... My boyfriend and I have had unprotected sex and about a day after our last encounter, was when the white stuff appeared. I know that this is a lot of info but i want to give all the info i can to try to get help to see what it is. Can i be pregnant? or have an infection?
HI dear I suggest you go to see a doctor. It is normal to have discharge from your body, but it is not normal for it to have an abnormal smell. Also if you're not sure that your boy-friend is 100% monogamous and/or if you haven't been, then unprotected sex is never a good idea. This does sound a little bit like an infection, but I'm no doctor. If you don't want to see a Doctor or can't go right away, then you can go to the pharmacy and get a vaginal screening kit and it will tell you if it's a yeast infection or something a little more serious. As far as the bleeding goes, when there is spotting before your normal period would start  then it could be considered implantation bleeding but this would be all the bleeding you get...no period like bleeding so you may not be pregnant, but with having unprotected sex, I'd check for pregnancy too....beause there's always that risk.

Also if there is an infection present the sooner it is treated the better off you will be in the long run. Any infections effecting the womens reproductive organs are always dangerous...as it could scar us for life leaving infertility and a host of other problems. SO SEE A DOCTOR ASAP. If you do decide to use the home screening kit, if there is an infection present you will still need to see a doctor to be cured. I don't know how accurate these kits are as I have never used one, but it's worth a try unless you can get to a doc ASAP or go to the ER so at least you can be treated and no more harm can be done to your body. GOOD LUCK>>>SEE A DOCTOR ASAP!!!
Thanks so much for your help.
I'll make sure to go get check then, for infection and pregnancy.

Thanks again.