Thick white discharge coming out of nipples

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Okay this is a little embarrassing to ask but I'm not sure where to look for information. I am 21 years old and the mother of 1. For the past couple of months I have been having this thick white discharge that smells kind of like that foul smell from ear piercings coming out of my nipples. It started off clear and I've just recently noticed it getting whiter. More comes out of the left nipple but still some out of the right as well. I also have inverted nipples and I don't know if that has anything to do with it. My significant other and I have been trying to conceive so I don't know if that has anything to do with it but any information you could give me would be absolutely amazing and helpful. Please and thank you for your help.
Without examination confirmation of a diagnosis is tough but there are a few possibilities for your symptoms. First of all,mammary duct ectasia has to be ruled out. It causes one or more of the ducts beneath your nipple to become inflamed and clogged with a thick, sticky substance.

Second possibility is of galactorrhea which is a feature of hormonal imbalance, such as from taking birth control pills, an underactive thyroid gland, tumor (prolactinoma) or other disorder of the pituitary gland and chronic breast stimulation, such as from frequent breast self-exams or sexual activity.

Third possibility is of intraductal papilloma.It is a small, usually noncancerous (benign) growth that projects into a milk duct near your nipple.

Confirmation can be done only after mammogram for which I sincerely advise you to consult a gynecologist.
I hope it helps. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.