Thickness in Uterus lining
I am 48 years who lives a quite healthy lifestyle, not overweight, exercise and eats healthy.  I am in perimenopause and started to have spotting for two months. I have been experiencing mild-severe menopausal symptoms for quite a few years.   Went to my doctor and he recommended a biopsy and tried to have this done in his office but he was unable to do because I have a tipped uterus.  I had an ultrasound to check for the thickness of my lining.  He advised that it was thick and that I should have the endometric biopsy inpatient in the hospital.  He noted that the ultrasound did not look cancerous and that it could be a multiple reason including possible clotting or possible precancerous.  I am currently having no periods.  I will be having this procedure soon.

Can you advise of other possibilities this maybe besides endrometric cancer?  What are the percentage of women who are being diagnosed with this condition?  I am very nervous about this.

This discussion is related to Thick uterine lining - why?.
Hi , I am 43 and I just have been diagnosed with uterine hyperplasia after having prolonged bleeding.  Dr said it is a thickening of the uterine lining from overgrowth of cells usually due to lack of progesterone.  I am on a hormone treatment (Provera ) for 3 months & then another uterine biopsy.   Good luck & let me know how it goes.