This is embarrassing .

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

This is embarrassing .

Alright, so.

A /LONG/ while back, the skin where my pubic hair grows started to itch. I do shave now, but back then I didn't. It still itches the same as it did before I started shaving. At most times, it's not that terrible. It doesn't itch constantly, but when it does I can't ignore it. I fidget in my chair, or straight out shove my hands down my pants to itch it. I know it could just be sweat, but it's gotten to the point at times where I've itched until the skin was all bloody and scabbed up. When I sleep I itch, and I wake up with small scabs from it. Is there anything I can do to make it stop?
It mainly gets better when I'm not wearing underwear, or even pants or shorts at that. It's not the detergent, because we use non-scented due to my mom and I's allergies. I also cannot go to school without underwear on, I have dance where I have to change in front of other girls.
The only time the itch never happens is when my pubes are shaved clean. Please, somebody give me some advice or tell me I'm not the only one that gets this. Keep in mind it's the skin, and not my vagina itself. I'm really shy and embarrassed about this, because the itch will happen at inconvenient times such as when I'm in bed with someone. I'm afraid I'm going to scratch up my skin and leave scars if this keeps going on.
(I have tried anti-itch creams, they work for about 5 minutes- but mainly burn when I itch. Baby powder somewhat helps, but it doesn't stop the itch.)
It can be due to eczema skin, allergic contact dermatitis or sweat dermatitis. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites and also steroid creams without medical supervision. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. Also wear cotton clothes. If the symptoms are severe then it will be best to consult a dermatologist and get antihistaminics and oral steroids prescribed.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.