Throbbing clitoris/urethra no pain help please serious question

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I've had this symptom for ages now it's like a throbbing or a pulse/beating somewhere near my clitoris or urethra. I can't tell which one :( I tried looking but it doesn't seem to throb at that time. It's worse if I have my legs crossed or straight out when I'm laying down. It's not because I'm turned on .. It doesn't feel Nice it's just so annoying!!!!

It doesn't really happen when I'm standing up. Please does anyone know what can cause this?? There's no pain and I can't think what would be causing this. Or how to tell where it is coming from. I've noticed if I apply pressure to that area it stops. Also. It occurs more if I need a wee.

It doesn't have a pattern it occurs, it's just random.
It's so frustrating. Sometimes I just want to sit down and relax without feeling it, but I can't.
Thanks :( I'm do desperate for answers I've searched everywhere :(
It could be possible that you have a UTI as you describe you notice I more when you urinate. It could also be that you have tiny kidney stones that your body is trying to expel and they are not big enough to cause you pain as they are traveling down from your bladder. It may be good that you get your ursine checked when you feel these symptoms. That is the only thing I can think of that could be causing these symptoms.
I used to get those, like you said more often if I had to pee; I associated it with my clitoris because it felt a bit like the clitoris works -- a clit during sexual excitement fills with blood (which is why it swells) and then contracts to squeeze the blood out, which gives the sneezing feeling that is the orgasm.  But as you say, it was not particularly sexual when it would just come on at a time I would have to pee, for one thing, not as intense as the contractions of orgasm.  That all said, I would be able to make it stop by peeing first and then giving myself an orgasm.  Now, I know that is not going to help you if it happens at work, but it might be a way to get it to knock it off at home.  Do you have a massager?  I wrote it off as a cross connection that happened when the bladder got too full, and accidental message to the clitoris to contract.
Massger? And Wow yeah that sounds about right.. I'm just happy I'm not the only one. I've never had someone understand what I'm saying let alone say they have experienced something similar or what I'm experiencing :) thank you so much for replying btw !!!
Thanks for reply. Had urine test came back fine :( 2 rounds of anti biotics too x
Have you found out what this is?  I just started having the same problem.  It sounds exactly like what I am going through?
No unfortunately I haven't had any luck finding out what it is :( I found if I think about it less it happens less. How did it start for u or what does it feel like? How long have you experienced it? Sorry, I like to know because I don't know anyone else that has the symptoms as me which is abit depressing :(
Lenozi x
Plant
Could it possibly be an irritated or pinched nerve, sending wrong signals to that area? That nerve signal might come from the lumbar part of the spine, not sure.
This sounds like an IC flare: http://www.ic-network.com/conditions/interstitial-cystitis/managing-ic-flares/

Do you have frequent urination, or feel like you need to urinate more often than "normal?"
Yes I do sometimes feel as though I need to urinate more. It also feels as though I'm bursting for a wee, but then it's only a tiny bit. And I always seem to have to go back to the toilet because I don't feel 'empty'. It's a very strange feeling. Sometimes the throbbing gets worse after I urinate.
Thanks for reply x