Throbbing clitoris/urethra no pain help please serious question

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

I've had this symptom for ages now it's like a throbbing or a pulse/beating somewhere near my clitoris or urethra. I can't tell which one :( I tried looking but it doesn't seem to throb at that time. It's worse if I have my legs crossed or straight out when I'm laying down. It's not because I'm turned on .. It doesn't feel Nice it's just so annoying!!!!

It doesn't really happen when I'm standing up. Please does anyone know what can cause this?? There's no pain and I can't think what would be causing this. Or how to tell where it is coming from. I've noticed if I apply pressure to that area it stops. Also. It occurs more if I need a wee.

It doesn't have a pattern it occurs, it's just random.
It's so frustrating. Sometimes I just want to sit down and relax without feeling it, but I can't.
Thanks :( I'm do desperate for answers I've searched everywhere :(
It could be possible that you have a UTI as you describe you notice I more when you urinate. It could also be that you have tiny kidney stones that your body is trying to expel and they are not big enough to cause you pain as they are traveling down from your bladder. It may be good that you get your ursine checked when you feel these symptoms. That is the only thing I can think of that could be causing these symptoms.
I used to get those, like you said more often if I had to pee; I associated it with my clitoris because it felt a bit like the clitoris works -- a clit during sexual excitement fills with blood (which is why it swells) and then contracts to squeeze the blood out, which gives the sneezing feeling that is the orgasm.  But as you say, it was not particularly sexual when it would just come on at a time I would have to pee, for one thing, not as intense as the contractions of orgasm.  That all said, I would be able to make it stop by peeing first and then giving myself an orgasm.  Now, I know that is not going to help you if it happens at work, but it might be a way to get it to knock it off at home.  Do you have a massager?  I wrote it off as a cross connection that happened when the bladder got too full, and accidental message to the clitoris to contract.
Massger? And Wow yeah that sounds about right.. I'm just happy I'm not the only one. I've never had someone understand what I'm saying let alone say they have experienced something similar or what I'm experiencing :) thank you so much for replying btw !!!
Thanks for reply. Had urine test came back fine :( 2 rounds of anti biotics too x
Have you found out what this is?  I just started having the same problem.  It sounds exactly like what I am going through?
No unfortunately I haven't had any luck finding out what it is :( I found if I think about it less it happens less. How did it start for u or what does it feel like? How long have you experienced it? Sorry, I like to know because I don't know anyone else that has the symptoms as me which is abit depressing :(
Lenozi x
Plant
Could it possibly be an irritated or pinched nerve, sending wrong signals to that area? That nerve signal might come from the lumbar part of the spine, not sure.
This sounds like an IC flare: http://www.ic-network.com/conditions/interstitial-cystitis/managing-ic-flares/

Do you have frequent urination, or feel like you need to urinate more often than "normal?"
Yes I do sometimes feel as though I need to urinate more. It also feels as though I'm bursting for a wee, but then it's only a tiny bit. And I always seem to have to go back to the toilet because I don't feel 'empty'. It's a very strange feeling. Sometimes the throbbing gets worse after I urinate.
Thanks for reply x
Oh my gosh. I have the same thing as you. Mine started like 2 or 3 months ago, and like you said its so damn annoying.. Just laying there trying to watch t.v. or something and its just throbbing, its all you feel.. all you think. It's so ******* annoying. I couldn't sleep for like 3 days when it first started.. but i went to the hospital because i thought something was severely wrong, but the women said no, everything looks normal.. just a little swollen and bruised from rough sex.. said it should go away. and if it didn't in 3-4 days go to the ob/gyn. I thought.. "Oh my god.. this is gonna happen for another 3-4 days.. ****". Well little did i know, here i am 4 months later and still have it. I didn't get my computer and internet back until only a month ago.. and like you said, the less you think about it the less it happens. The more you think about it.. its like bam bam bam.. Right there. It is so annoying. And so scary because like you said.. Anyone i try and tell, their like wtf.. i have no idea what is happening to you. So believe me.. its amazing to know im not the only one going through it. Thank you so much for posting this.
I know. It's so annoying when you're just sitting or laying there.. It's so good there's finally someone who actually feels this. Obviously not good for you but it's reassuring to know I'm not competley alone :( I've had loads of UTI tests done but nothing is wrong.
The doctors don't understand it lol. It's all come back if it continues -.- and I do and they still don't know :/ it doesn't help that I don't.

What else do you feel? Is it still there ?
You can message me or post here again cuz it's nice to talk to someone about it. :) x
I have had that for over 10 years. It's awful.
I think Its relate to dehidration. I have been noticing a patern. Coffee intake makes it worse.
I have this same exact problem. I noticed it in the last couple months. It's very annoying and is much worse when I lay down. I always feel like I have to pee even when I don't. I can't hardly sleep either. I've had several rounds of antibiotics so it can't be a uti. I'm very frustrated
This always happens to me as well, actually its currently keeping me awake. Usually when I pee and then get myself off like Annie said it's the perfect cure...but not tonight and I'm suffering. Blah.
I noticed that your post was written over a year ago. I have the exact same symptoms for 8 yrs. It comes and goes.  We're you ever able to find out what the problem is?
I am wondering if it could be a nerve, spinal issue too.  Hoe can we find out?  Perhaps the pudental nerve?
I wonder if it could be an IC problem too?1
Has anyone found a solution to this horrible problem?
Found everyone"s comments after searching for help for this problem.
I had a hysterectomy 10 days ago. Everything ok and progressing well but now I have this awful throbbing that won't go away. I wonder if it could be some kind of nerve damage?
did you have the throbbing before your hysterectomy?  This is such an annoying, painful problem!  Drs don't have answers for it either.  I am betting on the pudenal nerve that affects the genital area. I have not found a cure of any kind yet and I've tried all these things listed. except the chapstick one! lol
I have had the same thing for well over a year.  Every doctor I go to simply says they have never heard of it and brush it off.  I am literally losing sleep and going crazy.  Please post here if anyone gets an answer!
Please. Has anyone had a diagnosis? Im lying here wide awake & uncomfortable. Been 7months im at the end of my tether. Feel like need to wee but put pressure on my bladdr n feel nothin. Is the urethra & g spot parralell? Cud it b the urethra causin the problm not the gspot/clit? Pls help x
No I haven't  figured out what it is and it's been months. Lol, can't believe it's still happening? What the hell? Btw missymg go search IC cuz that sounds a bit like it. Sometimes I even notice it stings sometimes....omg it's just so annoying.. Anyone here got any relief or anything?!!?!!! X
I have been suffering from this too, for well over a year now.  Mine started right after an over-exertion for a bowel movement.  I feel like the position of something got moved.  
It is frustrating, the doctors actually joke about 'isn't that a good thing?" when I report that my clitoris feels always engorged!  It is not a good thing when you never get over the hump to orgasm and feel stuck half way there all the time.  The body is not meant to be left in that state.
I have been to a gynecologist (who had never heard of the problem), and a urologist (who said it is not to do with the bladder but guessed it may be part of drying due to menopause) and several GP that treated me for bladder infection over and over.  
I am an assertive, bordering on aggressive women and can not believe that as pushy as I can be I can not find someone to enlist in helping me find answer.  
I won't stop looking, and will keep you other women posted.
oh, to add...I did a bit of research online and did see a suggestion for a topical anesthetic, I am going to request that at my next doctor appointment.
On that site it was called something like Sustained Sexual Arousal Syndrome.  I could be a bit off on that title and can't find just now where I wrote it down.
I've had it MY WHOLE LIFE and I am nearly 27. It puzzled doctors when I was a child. They kept giving me creams for infections though they couldn't find a thing and it irritated me more.  Now they do not take me seriously at all and one doctor said it was all in my head. Have you heard of persistent genital arousal disorder? My doctor has not and it seems I can't get any help. Mine got even worse after a year on anti-depressants and that's when it really started keeping me awake at night.
i get this too! I heard of this girl who orgasimed all day and it was a serious condition for her. I was wondering if I had a mild form of that maybe? Cuz Ya it's like the same sexual pulsing i feel when in aroused only it happens randomly and frequently throughout the day. It's something I can imeditly stop the feeling of, but if I let my attention go to the area it can be a very pleasent feeling almost like an orgasim but not quite which is frustrating. I also haven't mastered masturbating yet and I think I've only actually gotten off once (it was during sex). So I just feel like I've got all this sexual tension all the time and Im not sure if it's just because I haven't done a good job of releasing it, or if it's a thing about me. Good that it happens to other people too! I'm 20
I have all these symptoms yall are speaking about and yes so so annoying.  I spoke with my obgyn and she is sending me to a specialist to relax my muscles in the lower abdomen. .. she says it can be from my lower Lumbar disc I'm missing .. and if you have sex with major muscle strain like if your on certain meds it can be hard to have a orgasum. So you tense up .. needles to say I'm going to go for sure and do what they tell me to do and I will Definitely let yall know cause yes it suxs bad. And yes I agree u think about it more the worse it is
Hello Ladies,

I came across this post while I was googling what was going on with me, and I felt I had to comment!  I'll give you a little background first.  All the women (for a reason I'm not entirely sure of) suffer from bladder infections in my family.  I got my first Bladder infection when I was 11 years old.  It was before I was sexually active so I know that wasnt the cause.  I went to the doctor that gave me some tips and tricks for preventing/shortening the length of bladder infections.  Most of the advice was your standard stuff-no sitting in a wet bathing suit, wear loose underware, pee before and after any kind of sexual contact, if you feel a bladder infection coming on drink lots of cranberry juice and water and eat yogurt.  I was able to combat my bladder infections with these pieces of advice for years!  

I want to say a few months ago (I'm terrible with how much time has passed lol), I thought that I was getting another bladder infection which was odd cause I hadnt had one in a very long time, so I did my standard water/cranberry juice yogurt routine.  After 3 days, it was only getting worse, I had an incredible burning sensation when I was peeing and all through the day.  One night I was even spread infront of a fan to cut down on the burning lol!  I went to to the doctor which ran a bunch of tests and it came back that I had a UTI.  This was my first UTI.  He gave me antibotics which I took for 8 days, which ended off with a yeast infection! (awesome! not! :P)

Since that, I've had this dull throbbing, yet sometimes intense pain/feeling in my "lady region".  I am not able to tell where it is coming from, I assumed my clit.  I visually inspected it numerous times for anything that could be causing the pain and everything was normal.  No swelling, weird colours, discharges, etc (sorry if this is too much information, just sharing my experiences).  Nothing that I could visually see to explain the throbbing sensation.  This was not an arousal throbbing it was painful, almost sharp pains at time.  There was no rhyme or reason to it either.  It would just randomly show up, and disappear.  I checked/read numerous forums and sites to try to find out what was going on, and through all the sites (including this one) I had taken some of the advise that I had seen.  I cut back on coffee- no change.  I dont usually eat many sweets but cut those out- no change.  I even tried having an orgasm when the pain was bad- no change.  I was also noticing that when I would go to pee, it felt great, and then all of a sudden my pee would stop and I could tell that I wasnt done pee'ing, that I still had to go but no matter how long I sat there, I couldnt finish peeing.  Then 5 mins later I would need to pee again, go to try, and nothing would come out.  This has just been a viscious cycle for me.

With reading so many forums, someone had suggested on one of them (could of been this one, cant remember) to try "Waterfall D-Mannose aka D-Mannose"  So I decided to give it a try.  I went and picked up a bottle of pills 3 days ago, and I want to say that I felt the difference within a few hours!  I also ended up talking to a nurse in the health food store that told me that your body builds up a tolerance to UTI/bladder infection antibotics.  I started taking 2 pills every 4 hours on the first 2 days, now I am taking 1 pill every 4 hours.  I have not had that throbbing sensation since!  It is almost heavenly!  Its so great to go through your day without feeling that!  I may be getting excited a little too early, but after having it almost day in and day out for months, this is the first length of time I have gone without feeling it.

I assume what is going on (and I have no medical background or anything to back this up its just a feeling) that the throbbing feeling is coming from my Urethra.  With the bacteria (maybe?) from having a UTI that wasnt fully cleared up stuck in the "tube" and not having anywhere to go, its probably raw and irritated.  I also want to mention, that I dont have poor hygene.  I shower at least once a day (just stating so everyone knows I dont have build ups of other things going on lol).  So this is my 2 cents.

I just wanted to say too that it was nice to see that I wasnt the only one suffering from this, and I wanted to try something at home before going to the doctor which is always uncomfortable regarding lady part issues :)  I do want to suggest that anyone having this problem try the D-Mannose. It so far has worked wonders for me, and I hope it can do so for everyone else as well!
Thanks for commenting. That's quite interesting, I've never heard of those pills. I'll have to look into that. Glad you feel better.
For any other of you ladies, I did some research and found that 'pelvic floor dysfunction" might be the problem. Specifically, "levator myalgia" is a muscle that is in your pelvic region which might be irritated or trapped. This can cause u to feel the urge to urinate and it can restrict blood flow to the clitoris, causing it to throb, tingle, pulsate, itch .. You name it. I'd suggest looking into this you girls!! You can get relief from pelvic massages I hear. But id suggest doin some research or seeing your GP or a specialist. Keep everyone posted!!! We need this sorted out.
Indeed I had spinal surgery in June and I now have a damaged nerve and it is throbbing, now raw and burning, its unbarebale I also have a tumor at T-11- I loook it up, close enough internet says, T-12 tumor can put pressure on vagina nerve!!
My problem started about 6 months ago with a glass like feeling in the clit, then it gradulated to a severe clit throbbing to a raw feeling inside, to now a severe burn, at no time does it get better, I tried to lay back, sit in the recliner, lean foward is worst something inside pounds, I had back surgery in June, so I was forced to sleep in the recliner, The recliner may have caused a nerve block and causing the severe problem! I have a small tumor on T-11 that too can cause these constant problems. I can't find anyone to help, but loads of women have it! Thanks for sharing Betty-***@****
I am going to be the Gu Piggy, Here is a few things I have done to minimized the The Vagina problem, I have all the above, and it is SEVERE, First take the hottest bath you can stand and put plenty of Salt in the water(regular table salt), Dry the area very very good, Pat the small Pee hole and the area, DO NOT RUB it Hard, just gently, Then go buy One of those neck Cushins, when leaning forward put the opening to the front of the vagina, when leaning back in a RECLINER put the opening to the back..I also have an oval Viberator for your neck sit that between the top of the vagina and your belly, like the right side of the bladder..And /or Put the Vibrator on the right or Left side of the outter Lips ,DO NOT SIT DIRECTLY ON IT, And do not put it inside.......Keep your Vagina from touching any service!! I have a few more things I have tried , this one has been the latest, also if you don't want to buy these things, Then it is not bad enough..if it bothers you when you walk, suck your belly in, do not hold your breathe! let me know how this works for you!! My name is Betty ***@****
I have had this problem for 6 months, I have tried everything! I am leaning toward a nerve at T-12.
I donot know how we can rtesolve the problem,if the sight does not allow us to communicate privately!
Hi did u send me a message? I can't seem to read it at the moment don't know why .. And I've got new feelings. It seems to still be throbbing but more when I need to urinate.
Go to Pudental nerve release fox 26 news video, All your problem anwsers and help. thanks for sharing betty
Argh! It's just got worse! This is so frustrating it's depressing me :( anybody got any answers
That is some good information , but I don't feel any pain. It's just annoying discomfort .... Throbbing in the clitoris or my urethra I don't even know ..
Hello again Ladies,

I'm afraid I was quick to say "oh my god I feel so much better".  After taking the D-Mannose pills, I did feel a bit better for a few days, and then it's returned.  Since my last post I've been treated for a bladder infection and had my standard PAP test, as well as a few other internal exams and the doctor's seem to think its something with my urinary tract.

I'm not sure if its related but a few weeks ago I had intense pain I've never felt before in my back, I ended up falling over at work where I was driven to the doc's.  I was worried it was something with my kidneys from where the pain was, although nothing came back on any of those tests.
I also see a chiropractor every 2 weeks, and when I explained the pain to them then assuming it was my back, they also believe its my urinary tract.

They have told me to "flush" my system taking 50bil Probiotics per day, plus D-Mannose.  For 3 weeks, then change my dosage for "upkeep".

Thanks for your comment of "pelvic floor dysfunction" might be the problem. Specifically, "levator myalgia" is a muscle that is in your pelvic region which might be irritated or trapped." Lenozi, I will look into that.  I didnt think it would be anything like that but from some of the other ladies posting of back issues and having this problem, I should look into it, as I've had alot of issues with my lower back which could be the problem.  I've had a problem with my SI joint and having sciatica.

I almost wonder if we all have different causes yet the same symptoms :(

As always, lets keep each other updated, and thanks for all the tips and suggestions so far, they help :)
Try homeopathic  pils 'cantharis'. Can buy from health shop. My mum had had it as long as I can remember and me to. Feeling of urgency to pee, but nothing comes out. Burning. Throbbing. Mum never got it again after I gave her cantharis. I still get it very occasionally, but a couple doses of cantharis knocks it!  Good luck everyone xx
in the first place i think what started this problem is the masturbation i started suffering with his same problem right after i took an orgasm  most women i realized that got it had that in common masturbating i started suffering with the problem over 6 months now i'm trying out a vaginal cream CICLOPIROX  this is my ump-teen set of medication that i am going to try by with my problem i have an additional symptom of server fever in the belly and vaginal area i was advised to take anti depressant to take my mind of the problem since if you focus on it it bothers you that seems to help i'm hopeing the cream help to get rid of the problem thou  
Hello again everybody. I thought I would post an update incase anyone still checks here

Ayanna- for me personally I don't believe my problem was caused by masterbation (masturbation). I didn't start masterbating (masturbating) til my problem started. I hope you're feeling better and the cream has worked for you.

I have been trying to keep a journal of everything I eat and drink daily and what soaps I use to see if there's a pattern in my symptoms and when they get worse., so I could control it. Unfortunately there is no pattern.
Earlier at work this week my symptoms were in full severe swing. I was peeing every 10 minutes and it felt like razor blades. Throbbing. Aching. Burning. I had it all. When im not at work I find what helps is to have a really hot shower. Squat down like you're peeing in the bush and let yourself pee as much as needed for as long as you need to. Im not sure why this helps. The steam? The distraction of hot water on your back? But i muddled through work and when I was done, desperate to try anything I took Tigerladys advise and bought some homeopathic Cantharis. I took 5 doses, as directed, stopping when I felt improvement. Im hoping im not jumping the gun too early again but since I haven't had a symptom. I've actually been able to sleep through the whole night without needing to pee. Keeping my fingers crossed!!
I do suggest trying this :)

Good luck everyone :)
Everybody seems to have pain with their symptoms. I don't have pain, just throbbing either in my clitoris or my urethra or somewhere down there. It's getting so annoying lately.  It seems to have a pattern though so I shall try and monitor that.

I have a feeling I will be living with it for the rest of my life sadly.. I don't know. It's getting me so down.

KN2015 I am happy your symptoms have eased. :)
Hi guys,
I'm so glad I stubbled across this page tonight. I was masturbating with my husband about 3 hours ago and boom, minutes after orgasm it felt weird, like I needed to constantly pee. I kept trying to empty my bladder but no relief. Then I tried relaxing my muscles and peeing, lying flat, waiting, and still nothing. Okay so what do we know so far? Pinched nerve in the pelvic area. Problem is, is there a solution or not? This is not a normal feeling, small relief to hear others have the same. Not sure what to do but wait. And its hard to tell anyone but my husband who doesn't really understand, oh dear GOD I hope it goes by the morning!! It's annoying and stressful. Let's all stay positive, surely God knew this might happen to women and put a solution out there :)
New Post - Throbbing clitoris/urethra no pain help please serious question
Hi guys, just thought I would update. I felt I was getting better by 4 hours, then it became so bad. Feeling like I need to pee non-stop, but couldn't because of the unbelievable pain. Then I rang a nurse and asked her about pinched nerves or if tis possible to damage a nerve and anyway, somewhere after those 15 mins of talking to her, it started to feel better. I should mention that my symptom was also that my clitoris felt like it was constantly being stimulated and raw and annoying. Anyway, I had a shower and let myself pee, it would hurt at the end, but the more I relaxed my whole body, the more it got better. And I made sure not to touch anything. THE PAIN IS GONE, ITS LIKE I NEVER HAD IT. THE DISCOMFORT IS GONE. What I did was, have some water so you can get ready to urinate. Then keep relaxing your lower body, don't put any stress on it. Don't let anything touch that area. IF you need relief, walk around a bit. But pee everytime you need to, as the feeling comes. Once I did the sensation disappeared. I feel so happy, because I was getting scared it was damaged forever. But I want to give hope to anyone reading this, that just wait it out, and the trick is to keep peeing comfotably as the feeling comes and push out the pee to allow the sensation to pass.

I could be speaking too soon, but for the last hour I feel back to normal 90%

Be positive and stay strong!
KTowne commented on veronica0808's status
20 mins ago
KTowne commented on AF you evil witch!
21 mins ago
KTowne commented on photo
23 mins ago
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals