Throbbing clitoris/urethra no pain help please serious question

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

I've had this symptom for ages now it's like a throbbing or a pulse/beating somewhere near my clitoris or urethra. I can't tell which one :( I tried looking but it doesn't seem to throb at that time. It's worse if I have my legs crossed or straight out when I'm laying down. It's not because I'm turned on .. It doesn't feel Nice it's just so annoying!!!!

It doesn't really happen when I'm standing up. Please does anyone know what can cause this?? There's no pain and I can't think what would be causing this. Or how to tell where it is coming from. I've noticed if I apply pressure to that area it stops. Also. It occurs more if I need a wee.

It doesn't have a pattern it occurs, it's just random.
It's so frustrating. Sometimes I just want to sit down and relax without feeling it, but I can't.
Thanks :( I'm do desperate for answers I've searched everywhere :(
It could be possible that you have a UTI as you describe you notice I more when you urinate. It could also be that you have tiny kidney stones that your body is trying to expel and they are not big enough to cause you pain as they are traveling down from your bladder. It may be good that you get your ursine checked when you feel these symptoms. That is the only thing I can think of that could be causing these symptoms.
I used to get those, like you said more often if I had to pee; I associated it with my clitoris because it felt a bit like the clitoris works -- a clit during sexual excitement fills with blood (which is why it swells) and then contracts to squeeze the blood out, which gives the sneezing feeling that is the orgasm.  But as you say, it was not particularly sexual when it would just come on at a time I would have to pee, for one thing, not as intense as the contractions of orgasm.  That all said, I would be able to make it stop by peeing first and then giving myself an orgasm.  Now, I know that is not going to help you if it happens at work, but it might be a way to get it to knock it off at home.  Do you have a massager?  I wrote it off as a cross connection that happened when the bladder got too full, and accidental message to the clitoris to contract.
Massger? And Wow yeah that sounds about right.. I'm just happy I'm not the only one. I've never had someone understand what I'm saying let alone say they have experienced something similar or what I'm experiencing :) thank you so much for replying btw !!!
Thanks for reply. Had urine test came back fine :( 2 rounds of anti biotics too x
Have you found out what this is?  I just started having the same problem.  It sounds exactly like what I am going through?
No unfortunately I haven't had any luck finding out what it is :( I found if I think about it less it happens less. How did it start for u or what does it feel like? How long have you experienced it? Sorry, I like to know because I don't know anyone else that has the symptoms as me which is abit depressing :(
Lenozi x
Plant
Could it possibly be an irritated or pinched nerve, sending wrong signals to that area? That nerve signal might come from the lumbar part of the spine, not sure.
This sounds like an IC flare: http://www.ic-network.com/conditions/interstitial-cystitis/managing-ic-flares/

Do you have frequent urination, or feel like you need to urinate more often than "normal?"
Yes I do sometimes feel as though I need to urinate more. It also feels as though I'm bursting for a wee, but then it's only a tiny bit. And I always seem to have to go back to the toilet because I don't feel 'empty'. It's a very strange feeling. Sometimes the throbbing gets worse after I urinate.
Thanks for reply x
Oh my gosh. I have the same thing as you. Mine started like 2 or 3 months ago, and like you said its so damn annoying.. Just laying there trying to watch t.v. or something and its just throbbing, its all you feel.. all you think. It's so ******* annoying. I couldn't sleep for like 3 days when it first started.. but i went to the hospital because i thought something was severely wrong, but the women said no, everything looks normal.. just a little swollen and bruised from rough sex.. said it should go away. and if it didn't in 3-4 days go to the ob/gyn. I thought.. "Oh my god.. this is gonna happen for another 3-4 days.. ****". Well little did i know, here i am 4 months later and still have it. I didn't get my computer and internet back until only a month ago.. and like you said, the less you think about it the less it happens. The more you think about it.. its like bam bam bam.. Right there. It is so annoying. And so scary because like you said.. Anyone i try and tell, their like wtf.. i have no idea what is happening to you. So believe me.. its amazing to know im not the only one going through it. Thank you so much for posting this.
I know. It's so annoying when you're just sitting or laying there.. It's so good there's finally someone who actually feels this. Obviously not good for you but it's reassuring to know I'm not competley alone :( I've had loads of UTI tests done but nothing is wrong.
The doctors don't understand it lol. It's all come back if it continues -.- and I do and they still don't know :/ it doesn't help that I don't.

What else do you feel? Is it still there ?
You can message me or post here again cuz it's nice to talk to someone about it. :) x
I have had that for over 10 years. It's awful.
I think Its relate to dehidration. I have been noticing a patern. Coffee intake makes it worse.
I have this same exact problem. I noticed it in the last couple months. It's very annoying and is much worse when I lay down. I always feel like I have to pee even when I don't. I can't hardly sleep either. I've had several rounds of antibiotics so it can't be a uti. I'm very frustrated
This always happens to me as well, actually its currently keeping me awake. Usually when I pee and then get myself off like Annie said it's the perfect cure...but not tonight and I'm suffering. Blah.
I noticed that your post was written over a year ago. I have the exact same symptoms for 8 yrs. It comes and goes.  We're you ever able to find out what the problem is?
I am wondering if it could be a nerve, spinal issue too.  Hoe can we find out?  Perhaps the pudental nerve?
I wonder if it could be an IC problem too?1
Has anyone found a solution to this horrible problem?
Found everyone"s comments after searching for help for this problem.
I had a hysterectomy 10 days ago. Everything ok and progressing well but now I have this awful throbbing that won't go away. I wonder if it could be some kind of nerve damage?
did you have the throbbing before your hysterectomy?  This is such an annoying, painful problem!  Drs don't have answers for it either.  I am betting on the pudenal nerve that affects the genital area. I have not found a cure of any kind yet and I've tried all these things listed. except the chapstick one! lol
I have had the same thing for well over a year.  Every doctor I go to simply says they have never heard of it and brush it off.  I am literally losing sleep and going crazy.  Please post here if anyone gets an answer!
Please. Has anyone had a diagnosis? Im lying here wide awake & uncomfortable. Been 7months im at the end of my tether. Feel like need to wee but put pressure on my bladdr n feel nothin. Is the urethra & g spot parralell? Cud it b the urethra causin the problm not the gspot/clit? Pls help x
No I haven't  figured out what it is and it's been months. Lol, can't believe it's still happening? What the hell? Btw missymg go search IC cuz that sounds a bit like it. Sometimes I even notice it stings sometimes....omg it's just so annoying.. Anyone here got any relief or anything?!!?!!! X
I have been suffering from this too, for well over a year now.  Mine started right after an over-exertion for a bowel movement.  I feel like the position of something got moved.  
It is frustrating, the doctors actually joke about 'isn't that a good thing?" when I report that my clitoris feels always engorged!  It is not a good thing when you never get over the hump to orgasm and feel stuck half way there all the time.  The body is not meant to be left in that state.
I have been to a gynecologist (who had never heard of the problem), and a urologist (who said it is not to do with the bladder but guessed it may be part of drying due to menopause) and several GP that treated me for bladder infection over and over.  
I am an assertive, bordering on aggressive women and can not believe that as pushy as I can be I can not find someone to enlist in helping me find answer.  
I won't stop looking, and will keep you other women posted.
oh, to add...I did a bit of research online and did see a suggestion for a topical anesthetic, I am going to request that at my next doctor appointment.
On that site it was called something like Sustained Sexual Arousal Syndrome.  I could be a bit off on that title and can't find just now where I wrote it down.
I've had it MY WHOLE LIFE and I am nearly 27. It puzzled doctors when I was a child. They kept giving me creams for infections though they couldn't find a thing and it irritated me more.  Now they do not take me seriously at all and one doctor said it was all in my head. Have you heard of persistent genital arousal disorder? My doctor has not and it seems I can't get any help. Mine got even worse after a year on anti-depressants and that's when it really started keeping me awake at night.
i get this too! I heard of this girl who orgasimed all day and it was a serious condition for her. I was wondering if I had a mild form of that maybe? Cuz Ya it's like the same sexual pulsing i feel when in aroused only it happens randomly and frequently throughout the day. It's something I can imeditly stop the feeling of, but if I let my attention go to the area it can be a very pleasent feeling almost like an orgasim but not quite which is frustrating. I also haven't mastered masturbating yet and I think I've only actually gotten off once (it was during sex). So I just feel like I've got all this sexual tension all the time and Im not sure if it's just because I haven't done a good job of releasing it, or if it's a thing about me. Good that it happens to other people too! I'm 20
I have all these symptoms yall are speaking about and yes so so annoying.  I spoke with my obgyn and she is sending me to a specialist to relax my muscles in the lower abdomen. .. she says it can be from my lower Lumbar disc I'm missing .. and if you have sex with major muscle strain like if your on certain meds it can be hard to have a orgasum. So you tense up .. needles to say I'm going to go for sure and do what they tell me to do and I will Definitely let yall know cause yes it suxs bad. And yes I agree u think about it more the worse it is
Hello Ladies,

I came across this post while I was googling what was going on with me, and I felt I had to comment!  I'll give you a little background first.  All the women (for a reason I'm not entirely sure of) suffer from bladder infections in my family.  I got my first Bladder infection when I was 11 years old.  It was before I was sexually active so I know that wasnt the cause.  I went to the doctor that gave me some tips and tricks for preventing/shortening the length of bladder infections.  Most of the advice was your standard stuff-no sitting in a wet bathing suit, wear loose underware, pee before and after any kind of sexual contact, if you feel a bladder infection coming on drink lots of cranberry juice and water and eat yogurt.  I was able to combat my bladder infections with these pieces of advice for years!  

I want to say a few months ago (I'm terrible with how much time has passed lol), I thought that I was getting another bladder infection which was odd cause I hadnt had one in a very long time, so I did my standard water/cranberry juice yogurt routine.  After 3 days, it was only getting worse, I had an incredible burning sensation when I was peeing and all through the day.  One night I was even spread infront of a fan to cut down on the burning lol!  I went to to the doctor which ran a bunch of tests and it came back that I had a UTI.  This was my first UTI.  He gave me antibotics which I took for 8 days, which ended off with a yeast infection! (awesome! not! :P)

Since that, I've had this dull throbbing, yet sometimes intense pain/feeling in my "lady region".  I am not able to tell where it is coming from, I assumed my clit.  I visually inspected it numerous times for anything that could be causing the pain and everything was normal.  No swelling, weird colours, discharges, etc (sorry if this is too much information, just sharing my experiences).  Nothing that I could visually see to explain the throbbing sensation.  This was not an arousal throbbing it was painful, almost sharp pains at time.  There was no rhyme or reason to it either.  It would just randomly show up, and disappear.  I checked/read numerous forums and sites to try to find out what was going on, and through all the sites (including this one) I had taken some of the advise that I had seen.  I cut back on coffee- no change.  I dont usually eat many sweets but cut those out- no change.  I even tried having an orgasm when the pain was bad- no change.  I was also noticing that when I would go to pee, it felt great, and then all of a sudden my pee would stop and I could tell that I wasnt done pee'ing, that I still had to go but no matter how long I sat there, I couldnt finish peeing.  Then 5 mins later I would need to pee again, go to try, and nothing would come out.  This has just been a viscious cycle for me.

With reading so many forums, someone had suggested on one of them (could of been this one, cant remember) to try "Waterfall D-Mannose aka D-Mannose"  So I decided to give it a try.  I went and picked up a bottle of pills 3 days ago, and I want to say that I felt the difference within a few hours!  I also ended up talking to a nurse in the health food store that told me that your body builds up a tolerance to UTI/bladder infection antibotics.  I started taking 2 pills every 4 hours on the first 2 days, now I am taking 1 pill every 4 hours.  I have not had that throbbing sensation since!  It is almost heavenly!  Its so great to go through your day without feeling that!  I may be getting excited a little too early, but after having it almost day in and day out for months, this is the first length of time I have gone without feeling it.

I assume what is going on (and I have no medical background or anything to back this up its just a feeling) that the throbbing feeling is coming from my Urethra.  With the bacteria (maybe?) from having a UTI that wasnt fully cleared up stuck in the "tube" and not having anywhere to go, its probably raw and irritated.  I also want to mention, that I dont have poor hygene.  I shower at least once a day (just stating so everyone knows I dont have build ups of other things going on lol).  So this is my 2 cents.

I just wanted to say too that it was nice to see that I wasnt the only one suffering from this, and I wanted to try something at home before going to the doctor which is always uncomfortable regarding lady part issues :)  I do want to suggest that anyone having this problem try the D-Mannose. It so far has worked wonders for me, and I hope it can do so for everyone else as well!
Thanks for commenting. That's quite interesting, I've never heard of those pills. I'll have to look into that. Glad you feel better.
For any other of you ladies, I did some research and found that 'pelvic floor dysfunction" might be the problem. Specifically, "levator myalgia" is a muscle that is in your pelvic region which might be irritated or trapped. This can cause u to feel the urge to urinate and it can restrict blood flow to the clitoris, causing it to throb, tingle, pulsate, itch .. You name it. I'd suggest looking into this you girls!! You can get relief from pelvic massages I hear. But id suggest doin some research or seeing your GP or a specialist. Keep everyone posted!!! We need this sorted out.
Avatar n tn
Indeed I had spinal surgery in June and I now have a damaged nerve and it is throbbing, now raw and burning, its unbarebale I also have a tumor at T-11- I loook it up, close enough internet says, T-12 tumor can put pressure on vagina nerve!!
Avatar n tn
My problem started about 6 months ago with a glass like feeling in the clit, then it gradulated to a severe clit throbbing to a raw feeling inside, to now a severe burn, at no time does it get better, I tried to lay back, sit in the recliner, lean foward is worst something inside pounds, I had back surgery in June, so I was forced to sleep in the recliner, The recliner may have caused a nerve block and causing the severe problem! I have a small tumor on T-11 that too can cause these constant problems. I can't find anyone to help, but loads of women have it! Thanks for sharing Betty-***@****
Avatar n tn
I am going to be the Gu Piggy, Here is a few things I have done to minimized the The Vagina problem, I have all the above, and it is SEVERE, First take the hottest bath you can stand and put plenty of Salt in the water(regular table salt), Dry the area very very good, Pat the small Pee hole and the area, DO NOT RUB it Hard, just gently, Then go buy One of those neck Cushins, when leaning forward put the opening to the front of the vagina, when leaning back in a RECLINER put the opening to the back..I also have an oval Viberator for your neck sit that between the top of the vagina and your belly, like the right side of the bladder..And /or Put the Vibrator on the right or Left side of the outter Lips ,DO NOT SIT DIRECTLY ON IT, And do not put it inside.......Keep your Vagina from touching any service!! I have a few more things I have tried , this one has been the latest, also if you don't want to buy these things, Then it is not bad enough..if it bothers you when you walk, suck your belly in, do not hold your breathe! let me know how this works for you!! My name is Betty ***@****
Avatar n tn
I have had this problem for 6 months, I have tried everything! I am leaning toward a nerve at T-12.
Avatar n tn
I donot know how we can rtesolve the problem,if the sight does not allow us to communicate privately!
Hi did u send me a message? I can't seem to read it at the moment don't know why .. And I've got new feelings. It seems to still be throbbing but more when I need to urinate.
Avatar n tn
Go to Pudental nerve release fox 26 news video, All your problem anwsers and help. thanks for sharing betty
Argh! It's just got worse! This is so frustrating it's depressing me :( anybody got any answers
That is some good information , but I don't feel any pain. It's just annoying discomfort .... Throbbing in the clitoris or my urethra I don't even know ..
Hello again Ladies,

I'm afraid I was quick to say "oh my god I feel so much better".  After taking the D-Mannose pills, I did feel a bit better for a few days, and then it's returned.  Since my last post I've been treated for a bladder infection and had my standard PAP test, as well as a few other internal exams and the doctor's seem to think its something with my urinary tract.

I'm not sure if its related but a few weeks ago I had intense pain I've never felt before in my back, I ended up falling over at work where I was driven to the doc's.  I was worried it was something with my kidneys from where the pain was, although nothing came back on any of those tests.
I also see a chiropractor every 2 weeks, and when I explained the pain to them then assuming it was my back, they also believe its my urinary tract.

They have told me to "flush" my system taking 50bil Probiotics per day, plus D-Mannose.  For 3 weeks, then change my dosage for "upkeep".

Thanks for your comment of "pelvic floor dysfunction" might be the problem. Specifically, "levator myalgia" is a muscle that is in your pelvic region which might be irritated or trapped." Lenozi, I will look into that.  I didnt think it would be anything like that but from some of the other ladies posting of back issues and having this problem, I should look into it, as I've had alot of issues with my lower back which could be the problem.  I've had a problem with my SI joint and having sciatica.

I almost wonder if we all have different causes yet the same symptoms :(

As always, lets keep each other updated, and thanks for all the tips and suggestions so far, they help :)
Try homeopathic  pils 'cantharis'. Can buy from health shop. My mum had had it as long as I can remember and me to. Feeling of urgency to pee, but nothing comes out. Burning. Throbbing. Mum never got it again after I gave her cantharis. I still get it very occasionally, but a couple doses of cantharis knocks it!  Good luck everyone xx
in the first place i think what started this problem is the masturbation i started suffering with his same problem right after i took an orgasm  most women i realized that got it had that in common masturbating i started suffering with the problem over 6 months now i'm trying out a vaginal cream CICLOPIROX  this is my ump-teen set of medication that i am going to try by with my problem i have an additional symptom of server fever in the belly and vaginal area i was advised to take anti depressant to take my mind of the problem since if you focus on it it bothers you that seems to help i'm hopeing the cream help to get rid of the problem thou  
Hello again everybody. I thought I would post an update incase anyone still checks here

Ayanna- for me personally I don't believe my problem was caused by masterbation (masturbation). I didn't start masterbating (masturbating) til my problem started. I hope you're feeling better and the cream has worked for you.

I have been trying to keep a journal of everything I eat and drink daily and what soaps I use to see if there's a pattern in my symptoms and when they get worse., so I could control it. Unfortunately there is no pattern.
Earlier at work this week my symptoms were in full severe swing. I was peeing every 10 minutes and it felt like razor blades. Throbbing. Aching. Burning. I had it all. When im not at work I find what helps is to have a really hot shower. Squat down like you're peeing in the bush and let yourself pee as much as needed for as long as you need to. Im not sure why this helps. The steam? The distraction of hot water on your back? But i muddled through work and when I was done, desperate to try anything I took Tigerladys advise and bought some homeopathic Cantharis. I took 5 doses, as directed, stopping when I felt improvement. Im hoping im not jumping the gun too early again but since I haven't had a symptom. I've actually been able to sleep through the whole night without needing to pee. Keeping my fingers crossed!!
I do suggest trying this :)

Good luck everyone :)
Everybody seems to have pain with their symptoms. I don't have pain, just throbbing either in my clitoris or my urethra or somewhere down there. It's getting so annoying lately.  It seems to have a pattern though so I shall try and monitor that.

I have a feeling I will be living with it for the rest of my life sadly.. I don't know. It's getting me so down.

KN2015 I am happy your symptoms have eased. :)
Hi guys,
I'm so glad I stubbled across this page tonight. I was masturbating with my husband about 3 hours ago and boom, minutes after orgasm it felt weird, like I needed to constantly pee. I kept trying to empty my bladder but no relief. Then I tried relaxing my muscles and peeing, lying flat, waiting, and still nothing. Okay so what do we know so far? Pinched nerve in the pelvic area. Problem is, is there a solution or not? This is not a normal feeling, small relief to hear others have the same. Not sure what to do but wait. And its hard to tell anyone but my husband who doesn't really understand, oh dear GOD I hope it goes by the morning!! It's annoying and stressful. Let's all stay positive, surely God knew this might happen to women and put a solution out there :)
New Post - Throbbing clitoris/urethra no pain help please serious question
Hi guys, just thought I would update. I felt I was getting better by 4 hours, then it became so bad. Feeling like I need to pee non-stop, but couldn't because of the unbelievable pain. Then I rang a nurse and asked her about pinched nerves or if tis possible to damage a nerve and anyway, somewhere after those 15 mins of talking to her, it started to feel better. I should mention that my symptom was also that my clitoris felt like it was constantly being stimulated and raw and annoying. Anyway, I had a shower and let myself pee, it would hurt at the end, but the more I relaxed my whole body, the more it got better. And I made sure not to touch anything. THE PAIN IS GONE, ITS LIKE I NEVER HAD IT. THE DISCOMFORT IS GONE. What I did was, have some water so you can get ready to urinate. Then keep relaxing your lower body, don't put any stress on it. Don't let anything touch that area. IF you need relief, walk around a bit. But pee everytime you need to, as the feeling comes. Once I did the sensation disappeared. I feel so happy, because I was getting scared it was damaged forever. But I want to give hope to anyone reading this, that just wait it out, and the trick is to keep peeing comfotably as the feeling comes and push out the pee to allow the sensation to pass.

I could be speaking too soon, but for the last hour I feel back to normal 90%

Be positive and stay strong!
ok so the cream did work and also a pill call detrusitol along with an in take of 3-4 litters of water you'll feel a difference in about 5 days but this is just for releif it cures nothing i'm still running test and stuff by the doctor and  you cant have sex it worsens the problem so ask your doctor if you can try it and make sure to rub the cram in the clitoral area for 6 nights ill keep you guys posted
I'm sorry Lenozi, it seems a bunch of us have hijacked your post with a problem that isnt the same.  When i first saw your post i had the same symptoms as you.  I had the non painful throbbing which almost felt a bit like sexual/stimulated arousal, and it would almost flutter at times, however, my problem changed and got worse :(

On May 29th, I got symptoms of yet again another bladder infection.  I started drinking nothing but water, adding lemon to make it interesting.  On June 1st my symptoms had not improved so I went to the clinic. I told them of my symptoms (frequent urinating sometimes able to empty my bladder, other times not.  burning when peeing and after peeing, and having abdominal pain).  They did the urine dip which showed that i had a little bit of a high white blood cell count but no infection.  They sent me to the lab for a urine culture which came back with no growth.  They prescribed nothing as i had nothing to treat.  My symptoms continued to get worse.  By the evening of June 5th, at 1am, I was laying in the fetal position crying from the pain in my abdomen and the burning. My fiance took me to the hospital.  They ran the same urine tests, nothing wrong, they ran blood work, it came out clean, the ER doc did an external and internal pelvic exam with no results. They even made me use the washroom then did some test on my bladder to make sure i was fully emptying it, and i was.  They sent me home and scheduled an ultrasound for the next day.  I returned to the hospital for a pelvic ultrasound and the results were they found an ovarian cysts on my right side.  I had forgot to ask the doc if thats what was causing my painful urination so I was googling it when i got home and found some women reported painful urination cause the cyst pushes on the bladder.  I had made the recommended follow up appointment with my family doc for next week and was going to ask him about it then.
Because i thought the pain was caused from the cyst pushing on my bladder I started for the last few days leaning back as far as I could while I peed.  That seemed to help. Yet tonight to my surprise, I was peeing and my stream stopped, then I felt like almost an air bubble and I continued peeing.  No angry razor blade burning feeling.  I looked in the toilet when i finished and to my complete surprise found something black in the toilet.  I pulled it out to find it was a kidney stone!  In MY case, I believe this has been the cause for all my pain over the last while.  It would explain the extreme back pain I had a few months back, as its said some of the greatest pain is when the stone leaves the kidney on its way to the bladder.  
i will be taking the stone to my family doc and confirming next week, but right now is like a "halelulah" moment for me.  I'm not having the symptoms and i have an answer to whats been going on.  I will post again when ive spoken to my doc, then I will kindly step back and let others post who can hopefully be a help to Lenozi :)

As always good luck ladies!
@KN2015 it's fine! I'm happy that my post was able to get people to find others ther had similar problems if anything :)
I'm glad that your symptoms have gone down, and that you have kept us posted with it :)  and I hope it has gone forever for u!!!!
However I'm still trying to figure out what the heck is going on with me! Im kind of getting used to it, but it's not something I Want to deal with forever .. Definitely not :'(

Anyway I hope u stay well
@Lenozi I have been googling every phrase possible clicking on multiple threads and forums. And finally you have/had the same symptoms as me. - no pain - no burning - throbbing almost sexual sensations - not sure if clitoris or urethra - the throbbing is intense after peeing last for about a couple of minutes and then it's just an uncomfortable feeling for the rest of the day - it almost feels like I'm horny all the time, it's the best way I could describe it - I chugged cranberry juice for a couple of days, still nothing. I'm too embarrassed to go to the doctor, is there some kind of remedy?
@whatsamara
I have no idea of any remedies :( nothing works for me :(
It's actually comforting to hear someone else feels the same as me, not that it's good you have it, just that I felt like I was the only one. There's nothing about it online. I went to the doctors they just gave me antibiotics - didn't work. I think I'm going to have it forever.
Do you think it's nerve related? Irritation? I'm so lost and depressed about this -.-
@lenozi
I have no idea what it could be, I know I had sex the day before this started happening. Nothing I do seems to help. Massaging, cranberry juice, pills, I feel so helpless. I hate it. :(
I can't believe I stumbled upon this.  I have had the exact same problem for probably 10 years now.  Sometimes it's worse.  I've been every type of doctor you can image - even try acupuncture and nothing helps.  I can't even wear a pair of jeans without discomfort.  I'm going to try the D-Mannose and see if that helps.  Will let you know.  
I'd like to ask a question -- does this sometimes make you feel weak?  I don't know if it's when it's more intense, but there are days when I can't even sit in a chair and I just feel weak.  It's very difficult to live with.  I really thought I was the only one that had this problem.
@CeCe084
Do you mean the symptom me and  whatsamara are experiencing? If so, then yeah sometimes I do feel weak with it. It gets worse if I feel weak and lifeless as well.
Can I ask both of u - does it feel worse if u need to pee? Does it happen more or less. ?
yes- i have the EXACT same symptoms as you do - have had it for years. have been many doctors.  no explanation.  sometimes its just SO annoying (not pain - just pressure) that it makes me just feel weak.  Yes, when i have to pee it feels worse .  I have a hard time wearing most pants - i usally wear loose leggings... i can't figure out why sometimes it's worse than other times.  
yes - you desribe it perfectly.  Ecaxtly what I'm experiencing
That's so strange. When  I. went to the doctors, they gave me antibiotics cuz they said it might be an infection even tho they checked and it wasn't .

I honestly thought no one else has this cuz there's nothing online.  It's so annoying though:(  it gets worse if I'm stressed as well
Yes- I've had antibiotics too and they didn't help.  About 5 years ago, i had physical therapy (vaginally).  I had never heard of it and it was a little award at first, but i did have temporary relief.  i think the reason i stopped was because the relief would only last a day or two and it was expensive.  Do the professionals on this site offer any advice?  I do believe that it could be related to weak pelvic floor muscles -- but im not sure.  I do have lower back pain sometimes and i believe it's all connected.  
I think they do sometimes. But not on this post.
And yeah I had always thought it was something to do with the pelvic muscles. I notice that I am always tensing mine during the day, and it happens after I relax them
i can't believe that i actually found someone with the same condition - and i really can't belive there's nothing we can do...It's chronic and very difficult to get relief.  I will keep checking in and if there's anything that helps i will be sure to let you know...
Avatar n tn
Hi! I've been experiencing the exact same problems since the end of June when i was diagnosed with an UTI. This problem has been making me extremely anxious, though I just came across another forum of a woman talking about the same problem and was able to get treated, and I think that might be helpful for us to find a solution? http://www.****************/topics/strange-and-persistant-tingling-in-the-clitoris-help?page=2
Avatar n tn
www.****************/topics/strange-and-persistant-tingling-in-the-clitoris-help?page=2
Hello! I'm 12 years old and this has happened to me. I found out what masturbating was lol and I acidently did it. On my period.usually you feel relaxed but I felt so naseous  after masturbating I had to go to the hospital. Doctor just said my orgasams are strong and causes me to have a headache. soon I started to get the urge to pee like 42 times but nothing come out, drank cranberry juice the feeling went away. I was so happy to feel normal again but then I know this sounds really crazy but i figured how to like make it like a throbbing sensation in my vagina and it was cool I did it a couple times and stopped lol. But then a few hours my vagina started to get heavy and started throbbing. no pain. the throbbing stopped but it still kind of throbs and its annoying. Kinda feels like you're horny all the time. Anyways to get rid of the heavy feeling my mom has this like green toliet seat and what she did was that she put epsom salt and warm water and put it inside of the toliet and it helped a lot. My mom used it when she gave birth to me and my sister and it helped with her.
Found another site where women are saying its just reaching your sexual prime. How old is everyone? Im 28. The women there said it all started for them arojnd the same time. 27 to 33 yrs of age. Mine just started about a week ago. Starts to throb when im laying or sitting. Super annoying.
Does anyone have any further information about the causes of this? I too have been to the doctors and they just give me antibiotics for a UTI even though my doctor said when they tested my urine it didn't show signs of a urinary infection!? Great. Doesn't solve the problem!? I am so sick and tired of it, constant annoying feeling down below. Why can they not just give us an answer and stop fobbing us off with antibiotics for something we don't have.
http://www.cvvd.org  I found this website I've just been through all the things they treat and looked up the symptoms. I get this all the time, and I've had enough now.
Hello!
It's been at least two years since I first made this thread. This is an update!
It has not gone away:( it's still here and it's being so annoying. This throbbing feeling is so annoying.
The less I think about it though, the less it happens. Its still more noticeable when I lay/sit down.
No doctor know what this I? I was also fobbed off with antibiotics... I didn't even have an infection. It gets worse when I need a wee. Also feels much better after but still happens.
Anyone else had any relief or new information?
I didn't know there were other people out there with the same thing!
Ive been having the same problem, it started a few days after i got the implanon contraception, & ive had it for 7 months now, the first time i got the feeling it was constant for days on end but now it comes and goes.. it feels as though im aroused but its such an uncomfortable not pain but just feeling, i forget about it and then remind myself about it and the feeling comes back, its got me to the point where i just feel so upset and want to cry :( such an annoying feeling but im afraid that its not because of the implanon , what if i take my implanon out and still have it , so stressed over this
Oh my god I thought I was the only one or should I say I felt like the only one I suffer from the same thing mine started last April with what I thought was an everyday tract infection so thought I should go and get antibiotics but after a few days they definitely weren't working and I have been suffering ever since.
I had a hysterectomy in 2014 and twelve months plus later I started getting all these problems throbbing feeling of your vagina being swollen burning sensation and even with taking recommended products like mannose it still hangs on and is so uncomfortable.
My gynie says its definitely not there side that is the problem as they have done all the checks so now its down to waiting for a cystoscopy for anything they can pick up from the bladder and that's been cancelled twice so I am really glad ive found this website and perhaps I can get some answers.
Hi lipsy!
I'm sorry you have had these symptoms as well :( it seems a lot of people have similar feelings and they are probably all related. It's just so frustrating when no doctors can seem to help.
And yes it's been three years and I have still have the same symptoms lol. Just hasn't gone away. I recently got this tingly feeling in my clitoris or vagina idk where because I can't pin point it. But it was constant and very annoying. It also felt like a pressure in my lower stomach. It went away but I get it when ion stressed sometimes.

I never thought I would get this many replies on this thread.
If anyone has the same or similar symptoms please add a message to this thread! Because you're not alone and it'll help others! :) I come back and check every now and then - it's a tab on my phones internet browser lol.
Hello. Ive been recently been going through this. Right now Im layin down and my clit or whatever down below is throbbing like crazy. Almost like a feeling I need to pee really bad. This has been going on and off for 2 months. So I will need to go to the doctors to take a test. Its not painful, just really annoying.
anyone have any answers? I've noticed this post is from a few years ago so I'm hoping there's some new updates? I just started feeling this way down there a few weeks ago. you're right- super annoying!! although mine is slightly painful due to the pressure/ throbbing. As weird as it is to say, it feels like I need to push something out almost!
I was concerned right away since I've never felt this feeling before and went to my dr. of course tried telling me it was a UTI... I've had a few UTI's before and this is definitely not that!!
Hi.
Yeah I'm stil here. I made the post in the first place lol. I have no answers :( it just gets worse when I'm stressed. Have u read all the posts? Might be some help there. Yeah it's not a UTI... Keep getting told that tho :/
Marcieshiloh give us an update when you go to the doctors and have an update. Would be appreciated!
Hi ladies... I too have been searching for answers.
I've found a medical term that has just recently been associated with these symptoms... PGAD (progressive genital arrousal disorder).
There are several interesting articles on the internet.
One of the common factors that women have reported is that many of them had recently quit taking anti-deppresents, specifically, SSRI's or Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors.
I had been taking Fluoxetine for 7 years before I weened off it last May.
My symptoms suddenly started 6 months later.
I'm 57 years old & had never needed to masterbate until these symptoms started... (so, to the lady earlier, I doubt that is what's causing it)... I started using a hormonal replacement cream & I can't tell if it's helping much yet.
My symptoms do appear to "cycle", meaning I have a couple weeks of "good days" before the throbbing starts up again & lasts usually 5 or 6 days.
Good luck to you all... & please share if you find a cure.
It's so good to know we aren't alone... but I wouldn't wish this on anyone!
~W
Sorry... correction!
PGAD is "Persistant" Genital Arrousal Disorder...
not "progressive"
Hi! You're not alone! I've always had this feeling since I can remember!like you mentioned, the uncomfortable feeling is most prominent when I lay down or sit. And no pain associated at all, at least for me.if there is pain, I'm assuming it's a bigger health issue. Go see your doctor! Otherwise, I don't know what causes it or why it happens but I can tell you one way to relieve the feeling is if after you urinate and the throbbing begins when you either sit or lay down, go back and sit on the toilet and let that last drop of urine out and literally sit there and feel your urethra "open" for a while until you feel its comfortable again. That always helps. I think it just needs to expand after you urinate, idk why either.but that should help. Let me know if it helps!
Idk why there are all these weird signs and numbers in between some letters or words but to clarify I typed......to literally let your urethra open. Again,I hope this helps
Oh and also, if that doesn't quite work, take a quick rinse of your whole body for like 5 to 10 minutes. That works too. Doing either one makes the feeling go away all the time!
I too have these symptoms been to GPs and gynaecologist no answers totally fed up , it feels ok am and if I didn't drink at all it's fine but as soon as I drink and need to pee the throbbing starts sitting and lying down are terrible wish someone had an answer
Wow that is literally the same as me! If anyone gets any answers please let us know!!!!
This is crazy!!! I thought I was going crazy!!! I think my family and friends think I'm crazy!! So like most of u I have been to the urologist, had the cystoscope done, and had antibiotics x 3!!!!! I feel constant stimulation somewhere down there that seems to be worse when I am sitting and I can literally go to the bathroom 10xs at night and most of the time it's just a very very small amt!!! The OB that I see is a nurse practitioner so now she is sending me on to a specialist! Since Aug 2015 abt 3x for what we thought were UTIs my MD ofc just did dips, then flagyl vag gel for 7 days and then I just did PO Flagyl the boric acid vag ge for 21 days and yep u guessed it no relief! However, she did give me some lidocaine gel that helps! Also, she started me on Noritriptiline(sp) a tricyclic antidepressant! Tonight is the first night so not sure if it's going to help! Also she thinks I have Vulvadynia!!!' I do have a cyst, IUD (which I have had three) I have been wondering if it's moved and pinched a nerve, I am bad at only drinking soda!!!! This is really mentally exhausting!!! If I get this fig out!!! I'll keep u guys posted!
Hi everyone!
Lenozi, I had this exact same problem in 2013. I was a young teenager (I think 14), and went through my first breakup. As I said, I was 14, and my boyfriend was my last friend, so I was also very lonely and so... well, you get the picture. My problem wasn't obvious at first, then built up during the day (I had used a back massager on my girl parts [clitoris in particular]), but it was way too much for me, then the pulsing and weird urethra/clitoris sensation began).
For about a year, I slept with a pillow between my legs, cried every day, suffered from massive anxiety attacks during the night. I went through 2 medi-center appointments, 2 gyno visits, and 1 trip to the ER. They did a swab for BV (bacterial vaginosis) when I went to the ER; and it came back positive. I was so relived! They gave me a prescription and over a short amount of time after taking the pills, the whole thing came to an end...
That is, until about two months ago when I was a complete FOOL and used the massager again when my family was out. My symptoms are back and they say it isn't BV this time—well, at first they had, and had given me a prescription; but I waited too long to tell them my symptoms were persisting, they did another swab, gave me another, longer prescription, called and said my BV was positive, and called again and said it was negative. It's really unclear to me what I have, but I know it isn't PGAD (Persistent Genital Arousal Disorder) for these reasons:
1. It disappeared completely once. PGAD is said to not disappear nor cure itself.
2. While masturbating helps subside it for a brief period, which has a likeness to PGAD, if I go without masturbating, I do not have spontaneous orgasms, which people with PGAD do (this is all coming from what I have researched).
3. PGAD is spontaneous. Lenozi, you're the person I can relate the most to here as you said it only comes when you think about it, or are stressed. If I focus on it, it gets worse, but it's not spontaneous.
What I personally think this is, considering the condition in which it was brought upon myself, both times, is nerve damage, which heals over time. However, I know a lot of you have had this, or what is similar to this for much longer than I have, and I want to reach out to you.
Back in 2013 when I had this the first time around, I took Vicodin (in halves) to ease myself. This helped at night, it tamed my nerves and nether regions long enough to fall asleep. It is probably what got me through that year. Please be careful, Vicodin is very addictive, don't let yourself become reliant on it! My Grandmother is a Physical Therapist, and as this seems to be stress related, she urges you to get Vitamin B stress tabs. In my case, this niggling feeling feeds anxiety, which in return feeds it. The less stressed you feel, the less you're likely to get anxiety attacks, therefore, it would be less likely for to you get anxiety down there as well (we could almost call this "Genital Anxiety").
I've heard great things about D-Mannose (as KN2015 mentioned), and while it's used to treat UTIs, it wouldn't hurt to try them to see if they help you personally. Make sure to check into the side effects though!
And Summer's Eve wash may help, it seems like a stretch but that nasty smegma stuff seems like it could play a part in this, along with your PH balance; Summer's Eve is supposed to help with both (I think [I haven't tried D-Mannose nor Summer's Eve vaginal soap, I surely will next paycheck]).
The medication they prescribed me for BV is called "Metronidazole". This helps in my opinion!

The first time this came about, I almost obsessively researched Pelvic Floor Dysfunction, and PGAD. I don't think that's what this is. We all may be medical anomalies, but I like to keep optimistic and think that we can fight this reasonably with an already-existing medical term and the coinciding medication. I've seen this to the end and have come out the other side before, I can be rid of it again, as I believe you all can. This is not forever, girls. Everything WILL be okay!
Just to go over everything in a nice, neat little list, here are the things to try and my experiences with them:

1. GET A BV (Bacterial Vaginosis) CULTURE DONE! If you have BV*, they'll most likely prescribe you Metronidazole.
*I forgot to mention that if you research BV, you'll find near to none of our symptoms. Don't let this phase you. This is what I had been diagnosed with the first time, and I took Metronidazole which is what knocked it out of the park.

2. Vicodin (eases stress all over, but VERY addictive, take in halves! I cannot stress that enough. if you can get your hands on some, do not take it constantly, just maybe if you're losing sleep or having an especially horrid day).

3. Vitamin B tabs (these are over-the-counter, they're to help with stress too!)

4. D-Mannose (said to help with UTIs—which this is NOT, but it might help us!)

5. Summer's Eve Feminine Hygiene products (soap, wipes, spray, whatever you feel you need. keeping sanitary can only do better than good!)

6. Pelvic Floor Dysfunction exercises may help you! Research them!

7. Train your mind to automatically go to another topic when you think of the Genital Anxiety (this is what I'm naming it). Thinking about it makes you more anxious. Keep your mind busy, be it with work, a book, a tv show... being around friends really helps!

8. I heard a good exercise for people with anxiety is to give their condition a shape, a color, a personality, and a name. Perhaps you should try embodying your issue, and forming a relationship with it. This may make you feel better about the whole ordeal.
If it's really acting up one day, don't get angry at it. Instead of seeing it as a teeth-gritting threat, pretend that it is just as frightened as you are. If this issue were a person, it would probably very scared and anxious like it makes you. Comfort, tell it (and indirectly, or directly, yourself) that it's going to be okay—because it IS going to be okay.

9. Pray. I'm not sure what all of your religious beliefs are, but I personally am a Christian who believes with one touch Jesus could rid me of this nasty hecking thing. I will be keeping all of you in my prayers, I know this is a rancid situation which seems has no end. But it DOES. As with the keeping clean, praying could only do better than worse.

I'm only 17. I do not plan on living with frantic/sensitive/anxious/sort of sting-y????/YUCKY genitals my entire life.
Whether this is nerve damage from the massager, bacteria, Pelvic Floor Dysfunction, a rare undiscovered close cousin to a UTI, or literally anything else, I have survived it. I have been rid of it for three years, and I plan on getting it out of me again, for good this time. It may take me another year, but it's outta here!

Know that I sympathize with all of you. I just made a new Skype account, hot off the press if any of you want to get in personal contact with me, my username is "funprill". Sincerely, I'm wishing you all the best of mental and physical health.
I'll check back, it feels nice to know that there is a community of us in this small corner of the Internet. I've searched and searched for people with my exact symptoms, and this feels like it. Actually, I sort of feel like I was meant to find this forum.

We will all get through this.

And, in the slight chance that we cannot—there are people who live through pain everyday. They are strong, and we are too. There are still people who love us, and people we have yet to meet who will love us, too. We can have normal lives, and sex lives (for the medical record, I've never had sex, this is not an STD). We can be us.
In the midst of the attacks, it feels like nothing will get better, but it will.

God bless you all.

-Summer
Wow! Summer ... this was such a comforting post. Thank you so much for your uplifting words.
HUG!
Priscilla
I have the exact same thing it's happening as I am typing this! I have had this for 2 months now, I've had 2 totally different courses of anti biotics from my doc I explained my symtems and it was like she didn't even know her self what's wrong! I am so annoyed about it I really want answers I feel like the docs are taking me for a ride !!!!!!!
I have commented on this problem in January with similar symptoms as others and I am pleased to say I would say I am probably 75/80% back to feeling normal again after seeing a fabulous caring urologist who to me saved my sanity
He has explained to me that when you go through any part of the menopause after hysterectomy or normal practice your inner tissues dry out and become sticky which is why I had the constant burning and urgency of needing to go wee and I had been getting unnecessary treatment for uti when this wasn't the case.
So the consultant has now given me hormone pessary vagifem and tablets to expand my bladder to full capacity he has explained and given me diagrams of his findings and has told me if I ever need him to contact him directly at the hospital and he will see me and try to help but has said its best to live at 75/80% than have internal investigations and make things ten times worse I can honestly say I feel so much better thanks to him for which I will be eternally grateful.xx
Hi everyone, I'm new here but I found this thread in hopes of finding a cure to these symptoms but it seems like there isn't one, and I'm going to be living with it for a while. It started as a small UTI after sex. I took my cranberry pills, drank my water, the UTI seemed to clear up. Except for this one thing. A pulsing in my urethra/clitoris, I can't seem to pinpoint which one. It's been happening for a couple weeks now. I notice the sensations the most when I've been holding in my pee. (I've been paranoid that I'm peeing too much, so when I feel the sensation to pee I ignore it). It pulses and even begins to hurt if I don't pee. When I do it feels normal at first, then at the end of the pee it hurts like my bladder is pushing out (best way to describe it) then when I'm done peeing my urethra seems to tense up and start throbbing/pulsing. I noticed recently it hurts the worst when I pee after holding it in. If you pee without knowing you actually have to go, it will hurt/throb much less. I also found pushing out (like you're trying to poop-sorry) for a few minutes after you pee makes the throbbing go away. I'm not sure what this is, I haven't been to a doctor. I saw someone say something about an ovarian cyst, they run in my family... If I find a cure I will update everyone, but for now I suppose it will still remain a mystery.
Wow! Thank you so much, this is such a comforting post... It feels like we have the same kind of symptoms! It's really comforting to hear someone's else's story, not good that you have the same thing, but it's nice to know I'm not alone! I will try the things you mentioned, just thinking about it now brought it back haha! Ugh... What an annoying thing to deal with :/
I check back here every so often so I'll be putting updates if anything changes :) x
Lenozi
I get exactly this too. I've felt like it for over one year now. It's ruining my life, I'm up to the toilet about 10-15 times before I actually fall asleep at night. I also have to sleep with a pillow in between my legs for the pressure, it helps slighty but not completely. I just want it to stop now :( but have no idea how to?!
Hol1992
1 min
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
Des_a_rae, and KTowne commented on Belle313's status
KTowne commented on veronica0808's status
May 28
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals