To Everyone

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

To Everyone

hi i am a 19 year old female.For the past 5years ive been bleeding and just for 4months i had a normal period.and the bleeding started again.i am so helpless bcoz ive been to many doctors and hospitals that cannot help me.they have done ultra sounds that came out clear aswell giving me injections to stop the bleeding ive been put on many controceptives and many other medications.that never helped me...pls pls help me asap
Hi there.  Gosh, I'm sorry to hear this.  They have no reasons to give you for the persistent bleeding?  Typically doctors try to narrow down why someone has this by excluding things.  They rule out trauma, tumors, disease, cysts, etc.  

Once that is done, they sound like in your case are left with hormones that are not working properly.  Your estrogen and progesterone are out of sync perhaps.  Figuring out why that is may be the great mystery of all time but I would want them to try.  Most likely you aren't ovulating or releasing an egg but there is a slight chance you could be.  Would be great to track that and this can be done by temp taking.  When a woman does not release an egg, this results in a thick, heavy uterine wall.  Women in this case tend to have too much estrogen and an absence of progesterone.  

I don't know if this helps but by manipulating your hormones again and for a while longer, maybe they can get you back on track.  good luck