Torn Nipples

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Torn Nipples

I made out with my boyfriend yesterday and it got pretty intense.  Afterwards, I noticed that my nipples stuck out and were torn a bit.  It hurts and is painful; however, am not sure what to do.  This seems to happen every time I get really aroused...my nipples get super hard and then get torn.  What do I do?  Is this normal?  What can I do to prevent this?  Any help would be great.  Thanks
You should try to keep them moisturized. Sounds like the natural oil glands that normally keep them soft and prevents dryness and cracking aren't working too well on you. Bring this up at your next Gyn appt. Could be hormonal. But in the meantime, just continue to put moisturizer on them. There are good products out there and you may even look for the creams made for nursing moms since it is pretty common for them to have this problem. I personally like cocoa butter as it seems to aid in the elasticity of the skin.
Also, maybe tell your man to take it easy for a bit until you get them healed up, then take it slow until you know just what you can handle.
Hope this helps and feel better soon.
--J