Transvaginal Ultrasound - Painful?
I am 33 years old and I am a virgin.  I've been having a lot of pain and I finally saw a gyn for the first time.  He tried to do a biopsy of my uterus and the pain was so bad he had to stop.  I guess maybe the speculum was too large for me (I don't know for sure).  He set me up with a transvaginal ultrasound next week and I am wondering if it will be as bad.  He gave me a prescription for 10mg of valium to take an hour before.  I hope that helps, but I don't know if that is very strong or not.

Also.  I've read that the radiologist may ask me to insert it myself.  I would rather not (and I don't know how drugged I will be)  Is it ok to ask them to do it, or is that abnormal?
Thank you,
When i had mine the radiolagist did it no ?? asked, i thank that most do it them selves..if urs ask just tell them u would be more comfetbul if thay did it...and mine was not painful..but i wasent a virgin, so i dont know how it will be for u.....Good Luck...

Valerie