Trapped air after laparatomy

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Trapped air after laparatomy

i just had a laparotomy  on tuesday to remove a large cystic mass and also my left ovary..... it is now sunday.. and i have gas trapped right under my lung. it hurts sooo bad. The doc, took an Xray of it on wednesday just to make sure and he said it was just trapped air. IT hurts ALOT though, is there anything i can do to relieve the pain that is under my lung and rises up to my shoulder? He said it would go away in a few days. it is now 6 almost 7 days later and still there. Can anyone help?
Can you walk a little? I know it's kind of soon after the surgery, but a little walking might help work it out of your body.
Hopefully you have already gotten relief. But walking is the key. Also, you can take 2 simethicone tablets four times a day for gas. Or, a fleets enema if you have not yet had a bowel movement. Make sure to drink plenty of fluids, too. Oh, and a heating pad to your stomach may help a bit.
i had trapped air too after my c section, i feel your pain.  they made me walk walk walk the next day.  it does help.
KTowne, and Belle313 commented on Belle313's status
KTowne 5 more sleeps!!! :):) Comment
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals