Treatment for Yeast Infection -- How long does it take?
I have just tried Monistat 1day for the first time.
I am now on day 2 since I used it and the leaking form the medicine has stopped but the discharge is still there.

How long does it normally take for the symptoms to clear up?

I wasn't itchy or burning to begin with, my only symptom was the discharge.

Also, is it safe to try using a vinegar and water douche yet? I'm wondering if it will help...
Don't douche. Ever. It's not good for you; it only upsets the balance of bacteria in your vagina even further, and causes more problems than it's worth.

I think it says to give the one-day treatment three days to work, but even then they don't work at all for me. Mainly I just feel greasy for a few days. I always either use Diflucan or a three-day treatment instead. You could try something different if it doesn't clear up in a few days, or go to the doctor to make sure you really do have a yeast infection.
yes, i have found personally and from others that the 1 day (whether it be a pill or the cream) does not work. its the 3 day or 7 day treatment that works best. as a matter of fact i was considering going to the store today to get something because i feel one coming on! UGH. i have bought the 3 day cream (store brand) because its cheaper and that has worked in the past for me.
usually i find that the seven day works for me, tho often i buy a three day combi-pack just in case. have you tried asking your doctor for the pill that you only take once orally?
You should contact your gyn just to make sure.  Don't try to diagnose your problems your self.  I thought i had a yeast infection but it actually truned out to be an STD call trichomoniais vaganilis.  It seems that when i got tested that test was'nt included.  It is important to find out everything about your body.  My partner didn't even know he was carrying it, he saw no symptoms.  As females we need to take care of our bodies and make sure the guys wrap it up