TriNEssa

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

TriNEssa

I had unprotected sex on Saturday, Oct. 14th.  I am on Trinessa. (generic Ortho Tri Cyclen) I was supposed to start my period this past weekend, but I haven't yet.  I would like to know if anyone knows how effective Trinessa is (since it is generic) and if anyone has had any problems on it.  I could just be super paranoid too and overeacting....Thanks!
when was your last active pill ?? If you do the sunday start, and take your last pill on saturday, you won't get your period until tuesday or wednesday.

if you took all your pills, chances are very slim that you could get pregnant.......even if you were only on the first month of trinessa, you would still be protected.
Avatar n tn
Generic drugs have the same chemical components as the original brand so it should be just as effective as Ortho.  You may be overreacting (I've been known for that), bc pills may cause some side effects but usually, if you take them every day at the same time every day you will be VERY protected against pregnancy. The only thing they don't protect against is sexually transmitted diseases like: gonorhea, clamydya, syphillis (syphilis), HIV, Herpes, HPV, Genital Warts, hepatitis, and so on... I would be more worried about those than pregnancy.
Avatar n tn
Thanks for your thoughts.  I am just probably overeacting....I used to be on the Depo over a year ago, but my bf and I just got serious and this is the first time I've had sex on the pill.  I am on a Sunday start day and I try to take it every day in the eveing.....sometimes I forget.  I think I am ok though...Thanks again!
Avatar n tn
I was on ortho tri-cyclin for quite a while and had no problems with it but then I was swtiched to trinessa bc my insurance stopped covering OTC. Since I have been on trinessa, I have not gotten pregnant (We dont use any other protection, just the pill) but I have some bad side effects. I started having breakthrough bleeding and I have had it for 11 days now. This has never happened to me before and at first I was afraid i was pregnant, but then I got my period so then i was afraid that there was something else seriously wrong with me. It turns out that many women have had negative experiences on trinessa. So if you start to have some problems, ask about getting switched to a name brand! Best of luck!
im also on triNessa birth control and i just ended my period about about a day ago and i had unprotected sex with my boyfriend for the first time and he finished in me. im freaking out because i usually take my pill at 930 but a couple of days i took it at 1130. should i be worried im pregnet?
KTowne commented on KeeLolo's status
13 mins ago
KTowne commented on photo
14 mins ago
NimdaAilil Why is it so cold? It's alr... Comment
21 mins ago
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals