TriNessa?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

TriNessa?

I recently got upgraded by my foctor from Ortho TriCyclen Lo to TriNEssa, which I understand is the cheaper, generic brand that pharmacists perscribe to save some money. I also read on some sites that some women have had bad experiences with this pill. Anyone else have bad experiences? And is there anyway to know before hand that this pill is not for me?

Thanks!
No there is no way to see if the pill is right for you. But the pharmacist would have not given the generic version if it was not equvalent to the brand name.  The only difference between the generic and brand name drugs are the inactive ingred. that the drug is mixed with to make the tablet.  Plus what works for one person may not work for you and vise versa all pills effect everyone differently!! And if you try the trinessa and do not like the effects you can always change it back to the brand name ortho-tri-cyclen.