Trinessa late period

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Trinessa late period

I am on trinessa. It is my first month on birth control ever and usually my periods are about 19-25 days apart. I am on my 3rd day of the inactive pills right now and have still not gotten my period. I originally went on birth control because my periods are so irregular and to protect myself against pregnancy. I took a pregnancy test two days ago just to settle my nerves and it came back negative. I still have not gotten it though. Is it normal for my period to be late the first month I am on the pill?
I took Tri-Sprintec (which is the same thing as Trinessa) for 3 years and my period almost always came on Wednesday of my inactive week (I was a Sunday start so Wednesday was the 4th day of the inactive pill week). Once or twice it came on Tuesday.

It is because it take a few days after the last active pill for your progesterone levels to level out and trigger your period.
So if your taking Tirnessa and you get your period 3 days before the end of your pack, thats okay? I'm 17 and have been taking birth control since about feb of this year. I was on gianvi, then vestra, and always got my period the day after I ended my pack and the day I was to start a new one.
So I am tripping out quite a bit! My mom called my nurse but she apparently doesnt know.... Though I am unsure what my mom said...
So, again, is that okay to get your period three days before you end your pack. (when I am still taking the green pills?)