Tubes tied, period late, what could it be??!

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Just wondering if anyone knows any causes of missing a period. I had my tubes tied 4 years ago, so I can't possibly be pregnant....
PCOS, change in diet, illness, change in exercise habits, weight gain/loss, stress, pregnancy (yes - it can happen even though your tubes were tied).

I have a friend who got pregnant even though her tubes were tied.
YES, you can be pregnant. Not to alarm you but it happened to me 5yrs after my tubal. If you have any stomach pain go to ER asap. I had emergency surg. They don't tell you the chances of becoming preg. after a tubal are high. Best of luck.
Avatar n tn
yes you can be pregnant i got pregnant 3 years after i had my tubes tied it was a tuble preagnancy wich is more common after getting your tubes tied i would go to the doctor and get an ultra sound most likely the blood and urine test will come up neg.
Avatar n tn
Hello all ! I'm 26 yrs old and the mother of 3, had a tubal (hulka clip) in 06 and having all the signs of being pregnant. I am a wk late and have taken 3 hpt's already and all of them says - , but I still feel like I am. For the women that had tubal pregnanies can you plz tell me exactly what you experienced when you were pregnant ? I would love to have another baby, but if it was to be a tubal one I really would not now how to take that.

thanks monique
i'm soo late with my period too, it's been almost 2months, I went to my dr, and the urine test came out neg,And went this morning to get a blood test test done too wish me luck,I really want another baby my tubes been tided alost 91/2 yrs,If I'm not pregnant! what's wrong with me! anyway know why!!! PLEASE someone help me!!
I have not had a period since Oct. All the pregnancy test r neg. Need advice passionparty2night at hot mail
Yes you very well could be pregnant. I had my tubes tied in June 06. I just became pregnant in Sept with twins. I sadly lost  them, but not b/c of any problems to implanting in the wrong spot. Just a classic m/c. I had to get a DNC on Dec. 1st..

My tubes have grown back together. I will soon will have to redo my tube surgery and get them both removed.
i had my tubes tied 3 yrs ago, i am showing signs of being pregnant, i took 3 HPTs and all show yes, what gives help plz
I had a tubal ligaition four years ago... I have had all the signs of PMS.....emotional, crampy, the works. But I still haven't had my period. If I were pregnant I would be excited but could it happen and be a successful pregnancy if that were to happen
i had a my tubes burnt back in Sept. 99, im now 37 and have very normal regular periods every 21 days since my tubal ligation. Until NOW! Last period i spotted for a day & a half, yesterday i started spotting again, but for the last 3 wks ive had morning sickness, swollen breasts, raw nipples, constant urination, stomach is hard & i look like i did at two months pregnant with my 1st child, and im tired alot & have no energy. Taken two hpt both neg...what else could cause the same symptoms?
I had my tubes tied 10monthes ago.I have never been late on period but they have change on me but the last 3months they have allways started on the 19th but not this month I late and scared I mit be pregnant and dont no what to do I took 2hpt both came out nag but still no period and I have been sick.please help me!!
were u pregnant im experiencing the same things and my tubes were tied in 97
I had my period April 1-5th 2013. I also have had a tubal ligation. I am not on BC and don't believe to be pregnant. However, today 4.16.13 I began to bleed again. I called my doctors and they told me to just keep an eye out and make sure to record my cycle. I am worried tho because I have already had my period for April so there shouldn't be another one this early. Any ideas as to what is going on???
Hi i am a 25yrs old single mother of two kids after i had my lit boy on june 20,10 i had my tubes tied nd i had a missed period nd April but it came on nd may nd afterwards but here it is july nd i hvent seen it none dis month nd am hvin sum signs of being pregnant but scared to go cuz errytime i.turn out not to be i.can see dha hurt nd my bf eyes so can yu plz tell me wat shud i  do
a year and half ago I got my tubes tied and I have lost my period 7 months ago and every test I have  taken or have been given have been neg. but my stomach moves and I get pregnancy symptoms like morning sickness  I crave strange food and weird things like the smell of paint I like and normally I wouldn't  can someone please help me im lost on what to do or even what it could be
Did you find out if you were pregnant? Or the cause...I am in the same boat and looking for the followup to your question.
Trying to find out what happened....everyone posts the question I need an answer too...but no follow up.

Were you pregnant?
Hello I had my tubes tied in 2012 and this is the first time I missed my period I've been eating more sleeping more and using the restroom more I took a hpt and it was neg I really need answers on what could be going on I would love another baby so what should I do any answers
I have no period for 2 month ..I have my tube tied Aug 2001 why I have heavy period lot of blood
I am experiencing the same things,I am 40years old and I have three sons and I had my tubes tied Feb 2001 about 14 years ago and this is the 1st time I am experiencing this. I went to the doctor and he said he did not have an answer for me, I took a hpt it was negative. the doctor gave me a pregnancy test, it was negative also. I have been eating more, gaining weight, going to the restroom more, and feeling nausea. It has been three months, and I have yet to see my period. I really would like to know what is going on with my body. This is strange that we are all having the same symptoms and there is not an answer for it.
Sorry to hear tht i also tied my tube 10 years now,sometimes i sorry i did i would like to have a bby but cnt.,my period is late but getting cramps still no period i hv nt taking any test cause ik I'm not.,mayb my cycle going thru changes.,and for rhose who missed for months mayb its menopausal you women going thur.,hope you all get answer to ur questions..
Tubes if tied period late what could that be
Tubes tied period late what could that be
PTLS
PTLS
PTLS
It sounds like PTLS- Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome
Look it up, I didn't know about it until after I got my tubes tied. The doctors wont warn you of it
Tubes tied 2010 period always normal run 5 day now I'm on my period now been 2 weeks now have this happen to anyone
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
Baking Soda May Reduce Premature De...
5 hrs ago by gymdandee
4 Worst Foods for Plantar Fasciitis...
7 hrs ago by gymdandee
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals