Tubo ovarian abscess - causes and after effects
I am 26 years old. I underwent an oophorectomy operation recently and my right ovary and tube were removed as i was diagonised with TOA (Tubo ovarian abscess)of 10 cms in size.Surprisingly i didnt have any other symptoms except frequent high fever and high WBC count and general weakness. A negligible/very mild pain was felt in the right abdomen.
Infact, In a routine sonography performed 4 months back, 2 cysts 4 to 5 cm each were seen in my right ovary but was ignored as a functional cyst as per the gynaecologist's advise. Could this be the reason for the TOA which developed. was it a wrong decision to ignore those ovarian cysts? If not, what could be the other possible causes of TOA.

Will this affect my fertility as i m yet to have kids?is there a possibility of TOA again? what precautions/care need to be taken to avoid it? i have somewhat recoverd from the surgery and has resumed my daily routines now.

Any help on this would be highly appreciated.