Two weeks late on my period........negative tests...........

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

My period is two weeks late which means I'm 47 days since my last period came on. I took several home test and I also had a blood test done this past Wednesday when I was only 14 days late for my period. Could I have tested too early and could I still in fact be pregnant. I am doing no bleeding whatsoever, no spotting or nothing. I have been having some flu like symptoms and queasiness in my stomache with very mild cramps off and on. Can someone please give me your input on this or have someone else gone through these negative urine and blood test and later found out they were in fact pregnant? I'd appreciate your help on this.

Ms_smiles
Viewing 1-200 comments:
Hi Wait until you are two months late,if you still have not started your period go to your doctor for a test.If you are not pregnant your doctor will then do more tests to see why you are not having a period.Take Care TNT406.
Hi Everyone, Just wanted some input on this. I took this E.P.T Certainty test today right? The screen said not pregnant, but when I ejected the test strip, there were two lines on the strip. I've heard some other people say that they were in fact pregnant as well with the not pregnant sign up and two lines on their stick as well. Has this happened to anyone here and do you think that I am pregnant and the test is wrong? I wonder why would it say not pregnant and there's two lines on that strip underneath in less than a minute's time. Quite confusing.

Ms_smiles
what a mystery. if you did have a blood test done which is most effective, the pregnancy hormones would have shown up if you were even at a couple of weeks of being late. i dont know about that particular pregnancy test but i would go buy a new one and do it again first thing in the morning when you urinate. i would think that you are not pregnant only due to the dr. taking the blood test and it being negative. or now that it has been longer since your period just go to the dr. for another blood test.
Thanks for your responses to my post. I have scheduled to have another blood test done. I still as of yet haven't started my period. No sign of it coming either. I do remember though that back in 2001, I realized I hadn't seen a period for almost that whole month and my breast had gotten so sore, I could hardly get out of bed, so I immediately went to buy a H.P.T, and it turned positive before I could pull it out of my urine stream almost. So, maybe I have to wait until right at 30 days or more late for my period to get a positive result. Right now, I'm at 19 days late. I guess my hcg levels just rise really slow or something, cause even then, when the doctor confirmed that pregnancy, my hcg levels were only at 409.

ms_smiles
I know what you are going through.  I am 17 days late for my period and I have always been regular.  I have taken two HPT test and they both came back negative.  Now if I don't see anything by next week I am going to call my doctor.  My aunt didn't show positive until she was 3 weeks late.
I feel so much better to know that I am not the only woman going through this. Now I am starting to have these terrible indigestion type pains and seems like everything in my stomach is hurting and feeling really funny like. Can't really explain it. My breast are starting to look different too tonite. Maybe the hcg is starting to kick in!! I won't be three weeks late til this upcoming Wednesday. Almost time for my next period first week of August.

ms_smiles
Well I had my blood test done and it came back negative.  My doctor told me to just relax and not be so stressed about it.  Around the time I was supposed to start my period I did have a lot going on.  I was very busy at work because I was getting ready to go on vacation, working two jobs and getting ready for a big family reunion and a big birthday party.  Traveling on the highway and preparing to work my fathers basketball camp the very next week along with having two of my little cousins staying with me.  So I guess I was really out of my normal routine.  I've never been so anxious to get my period. :-)  Hope all goes well with everybody else and they get the results they want, I did.
Thanks to everyone so far that responded to my post. If anyone else happen to read it, feel free to post as well. Kido, I'm glad to hear that you got the result you wanted with your blood test. I'll keep you all informed on how mine turn out. Again, thanks for taking the time to respond.

ms_smiles
ms_smiles, what is your status as of today? I would love to find out because I am experiencing nearly the exact same things you are... Today I am 19 days late--it will be three weeks on thursday. I've taken **gulp** 9 hpt's and they were all negative (beginning two or so days before AF was to come) and one negative blood test (quant.). I am to have another blood test this week, but I am not sure if I want to wait until I am a month late or not-- just in case it takes a while for the hcg to show up. But I can't help wanting to know now, ya know? :) I did just stop taking BC in June, so my body could be freaking out with the concept of having to produce hormones again, but I just don't feel "normal". Some queaziness, cramps nearly every night like I'm going to start- then don't, a weird shooting/burning pain in my breast and sensitive nipples, etc. (sorry if too graphic). My doc wants me to start a pill to "start me up" again, but I don't want to rule out that I am REALLY not pregnant just yet. What do you all think? Should I get an ultrasound? Start the pills? I dunno... I would love some help and feedback. Thanks so much!
Hi Chelzers, how are you? Here is my update. Tomorrow..8-3, will be 4 weeks late for my period. This upcoming Saturday will be my second period being missed. I haven't seen a period since the first week of June. I went to the doctor today and he did an ultrasound on me and said that my uterus is in fact thickening, but he couldn't really tell if he saw the sac inside my uterus or not. But another thing I noticed though is that he did the entire ultrasound exam in less than 1 minute, so he probably overlooked a whole lot of stuff. From what I researched on ultrasounds, it's suppose to take anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes to do them. He said it could be that I didn't get pregnant back in June or the beginning of July like I thought I did. He also said that even when you're not seeing your period, you can still get pregnant when that egg decides to drop and be much earlier pregnant than you thought you were. That could be an explanation as to why the test are all coming out negative. Another thing, about the pill your doctor wants you to take to start your period again, it's funny you said that, cause my doctor gave me a sample box of those same lil pills today to take to try and start mine up. I told my husband I am not taking those things. I am keeping the faith that I am pregnant until some blood decide to come down on its own. I am still having too many symptoms to rule out pregnancy so fast. So, I feel you on that. After the ultrasound, he ran another blood test to check for thyroids. He examined me before doing the ultrasound and said that I definately don't have any cyst, so he said at least we know that's not what's holding my period up. My gut feeling is telling me it's a baby in there, and like I said before, I consider myself pregnant until I see a period and I am gonna continue to treat myself as a pregnant person. I'll keep you informed on my outcome.

ms_smiles
Thank you for the update! Wow--- sounds like we are really having the same kind of things going on..I am sorry and I understand! I also thought that I just might have gotten pregnant in this time between periods and maybe I'm not as far along as I thought, too. I forgot to tell you that I also had the blood test last week to test my thyroid and that all came back ok. So, yeah. Here I am, playing the waiting game with you! Do you suggest I take my second hcg test this week or wait until next week for my "second missed" (maybe) period? My doctor is out of town, or else I would ask her.. but I like asking you because you know exactly what I'm going through. I hope you don't think I'm strange, but you are really helping me a lot. Thanks so much!
HI Chelzers, First of all, I am glad to know that I am of some help to you. About the hcg testing, I personally think you should wait until you miss that second one. That way, if you did just get pregnant in between periods, you'll give it that extra week to show up, ya know what I mean? But I just couldn't understand today when he said that the lining of my uterus was thickened, but he wasn't sure he saw a sac, so I might have just gotten pregnant as well. But, what's confusing me is, what could have held up that July period if I just got pregnant. I'm thinking what's happening with me is these doctors are not spending enough time on the ultrasound to fully examine me. He was only there like I said before less than a minute. From what I've heard, an ultrasound is suppose to take anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes to do. So I know he had to have overlooked something. I am even feeling lil fluttering in my stomach.........no joke. But whatever you do, if your gut feeling is telling you that you are pregnant, don't take those lil period jump starting pills. Just wait it out like I'm doing. If you're not pregnant, it'll eventually come down on its own. Hope I was of some help!!

ms_smiles
Thank you so much! I will wait a little bit longer. I hope you are feeling good and I wish you the best. If either of us gets an update, let's post it here so we can kind of keep tabs on one another. Thanks again ms_smiles!
Just wanted to say you are welcome Ms. Chelzers. I'll make sure I post to update you on my outcome, and you do the same. Take care and be blessed!

ms_smiles
Hi Chelzers, just checking in to see how things are going with you. Well I still haven't seen a period. Couple more days will be my second one missed. I started springin some leaks today like my bladder was overflowin or something. Just clear watery looking discharge though. I'm still just waiting it out to see if I am gonna go pass my second period date.Again, I'll keep you informed though. You do the same. God bless.

ms_smiles
Hey thanks for checking in! Still no change with me, as well. I don't know what to think about your "leaks", but I hope they stop for you! :) I can't imagine that would be any amount of fun! Ahh...The joys of womanhood, right? I hope you have a good weekend and that you'll get some answers soon! If anything happens I let ya know! Thanks again! Good luck and may you be blessed!
-chelzers
Hi Chelzers, Just a brief update. I am not feeling too well today. Stomach has started to cramp a bit off and on. I also saw a little bit of discharge mixed with a little blood.....almost like when you blow your nose and a little blood mixed in. That's what I saw on today. Hopefully if I am in fact pregnant, it won't continue to come down alot and if I'm not, then I guess I just skipped a month and it's trying to get back on track for tomorrow. I just can't wait to find out what's happening with me either way. I'm exhausted with all of this anticipation at the moment. I wish you the best too. Take care. Be blessed!!

ms_smiles
I apreciate all of your posts.  I am going through just about the same thing.  I am two weeks late and have taken 5 HPT and all negative.  I had blood test done only 3 days after I expected my period to come and it wat negative.  I'm not sure if that's too early.  The last HPT I took was 7 days ago (7 days late) and was still negative.  I don't know what to think.  I've been feeling really tired and nauseous.  No breast tenderness but I have been feeling strange things in my lower abdomen.  Not sure if i'm just worrying too much.  I had a pelvic sonogram in may to check ovaries for cysts, and there were no problems there.  I had my thyroid checked, no problem there.  I have normal blood pressure and cholesterol levels and all that stuff.  

the bad part about all of this is that it is not expected.  we do not want to have a baby.  july 6 (9 days into my cycle) i had taken the morning after pill and should have gotten my period at least 3 weeks after, i did not.  i don't know if it's the pill that's messing me up or if the pill didn't work and i'm actually pregnant. or something else.   we have been freaked out about this whole situation that we just haven't had sex since so if i am pregnant it has to be from that day.  

i did not understand what you meant in your post about waht your doctor said. you mean you could have just recently gotten pregnant and not when you thought you did?  how long does it take to fertilize the egg?  is it all about perfect timing or what.

ohana
Hi Ohana, About what my doctor said, he was telling me that the test could have been coming out negative because I could have just gotten pregnant like maybe a week before I came in to have the test done, or possibly a couple days or so ago. He said I didn't neccessarily have to get pregnant when I thought I did a month or so earlier. He just really confused the daylights out of me. But in your situation, you said that was the only time yall had sex, so you might wanna wait another week and do another test, or to ease your mind go get another blood test done. My period was four weeks late and I was still getting negative results and then on yesterday, I started spotting, and then later on that day, I started to bleed some more. So, I must have just skipped a month and then my body got back on track on its own. Let me know how things turn out for you. If I find out anything else regarding your situation, I'll let you know. Good luck.

ms_smiles
ms_smiles-- I am glad you started (presumably) and that you received some relief, I hope. Still nothing with me, but I hope to be in your same position later this week. I really don't want to take those pills, but maybe if there is nothing this week and a negative test, I am going to do it. I know I should probably be patient, but I don't want to put off having a baby any longer. I don't know. Still just waiting...

Ohana-- it seems to me that the m.a. pill probably caused some issues with you. That is a serious little pill and I wouldn't be surprised if a delayed period is a side effect for you. Everyone's body is different and reacts differently to every medication. What ms_smiles said about becoming pregnant later than she thought probably wouldn't apply to you-- this being because with an absence of a period you can still ovulate- just later than you may have expected.. then when you have intercourse again, it fertilizes the egg and implants. But since that was the last time you had sex (before taking the pill) it is unlikely that you got pregnant later. But like I said, everyone is different and it is (very slightly) possible. I hope I understood you correctly and what I told you makes sense. If it doesn't, feel free to post questions. Hope that helps and I hope you find something out soon.
chelzers
hey chelzers, thanks what you said was what I was thinking.  I just still wonder.  I took another preg test and was very negative again.  I think the more of those I take to less concerned I get.  still no period though, 18 days late now.  I think i will take a test every week until i get it.  i have an appt with my ob/gyn in the beginning of sept so i think i'll be fine.  thanks to you and ms_smiles for all your help!!
Any time! Thanks!
Hello everyone :)

I am new here but was looking for either some advice or reassurance! SO (significant other) and I are TTC ...

Here's my situation, hopefully some or all of you can help :) About 8 months or so ago my cycles regulated all of a sudden and I've been right on time since then! My last cycle I ended on June 28th, 2005 and was suppose to have another around July 19th ... making me about 24 days late from July's cycle at this point! I took an HPT last Friday ( Friday the 5th) but it was negative and that's something I don't understand?

I have very tender BB's, lower back aches daily that my Yoga and Tai Chi can't seem to fix (stretching & mind exercises, for those who don't know), I've been eating more than normal & can't seem to feel full, and also felt a bit tired more so although having trouble actually falling asleep at night. (probably due to going to late though) Is it still possible that I am pregnant? If so, about how high are my chances if any of you possibly know?

When I was 17, I had an ectopic pregnancy and 3 miscarriages since then which is a total of 4 1/2 years ... I've had no brown spotting or red blood, either! Please help me :( I don't have medical insurance right now so I am trying to wait things out as long as possible so we can get more $$$ so I can have a blood test done .. Any suggestions, reassurance, or advice is greatly appreciated and welcomed!! Thanks in advance, too!

Kristen
Kristen-
I know this is going to be frustrating to hear, but you should probably wait at least a week and test again. If you are pregnant, you are *about* 5 1/2 weeks along. For some people it takes at least 6 weeks for hcg levels to register on a HPT. You could see if you have one of these centers near you-- some provide free pregnancy tests. Go to this website and do a search for a location near you: http://www.pregnancycenters.org/
I hope that helps a little and I hope you are able to figure out what is going on with your body! They definately have "minds" of their own. But I must say again, everyone's body is different. I have heard a lot that the stress of TTC can cause delayed menses too. Hope that helps you a little!

An update from me: I have started to spot tiny amounts of a pinkish substance this morning. I would love for it to be implantation bleeding (it would have to be a very rare occurance since I don't think DH and I have "tried" since the 20th of July-- it would be a VERY long luteal phase--23+/- or so days depending on life of sperm). But, unfortunately I have to say that it is probably AF arriving late for her visit. :( I still have my fingers crossed!!! I'll let you guys know! It's all so confusing- to know when I am ovulating and when I am not-when you don't get a period! A big guessing game! Oh well! I'll keep ya'll posted! Hope and blessings to all!
-chelzers
ok- so I am a horrible wife-- I just remembered that we did "try" last saturday *I think*
Is that just horrible that you lose track of when you do it? lol. I am bad. I am really trying not to be "trying" for a baby, just letting it happen, so I think that is why I lost track a little. So my hopes are up higher, but still cautious. Now I am worried that it is too early for implantation bleeding. Golly! What a mess I am, huh? ms_smiles--how are you?
chelzers
Hello hon :) {{ HUGS }}

Thanks a lot for your post!!! You have a very good point, I guess I could still very much be pregnant -- hopefully! I've been keeping my fingers crossed and praying like crazy! lol

You're not a bad wife to forget when you BD, lol! I forget all of the time and we're pretty regular in the sex department - quite often, everyday and I'll sometimes forget!!! :P I hope the pinkish discharge is a BFP!!!!!!!! Good luck with that and I wish you the best. How long have you and DH been TTC?

Get back with me if you'd like. E-mail me: ***@**** because I won't always come back to this site, lol. I'm apart of several messages boards on www.IVillage.com -- a GREAT, wonderful site but I was desperate last night for even more opinions considering my confusion about my body right now so I found this site & posted!!

Feel free to e-mail me. I look forward to hearing a possible BFP, I'll say a prayer for you. Keep me updated!! {{ Hugs }}

Kristen
hey. my daughter is 14 turning 15 next month and she recieved her first period when she was 12 or 13. and this month it was 5 days late and she hasnt had sex. why did this happen? wb asap.
Hello everyone...I missed my period and it is now a week later. I NEVER miss my period. I have taken about three home pregnancy tests but they've all come back negative. I feel exactly how I did though when I was in the very beginning of my pregnancy with my son. He is only six months though, is there a possibility that my period is just weird cause I had him not too long ago? I did not breastfeed and did not take birth control after his birth. If anyone has any advice, please let me know. Thanks.
Well, I had right to worry I guess. I was pregnant and was farther along than I had thought, with the period before the one I missed entirely, being so light it was practically nonexistent. I went to the doctor and it turns out I ended up losing the baby. Good luck to everyone else. I hope everything works out better with each of your outcomes. Maybe it just wasn't our time.
Hi everybody,hope you all are fine. I was following the thread. I have a similar situation. I have a 40days ms cycle. Now I have missed by 14days. There was a little spotting though. Took 1 hpt test after 4 days of missing, it one came one faintly +ve after 30mins or so. Repeated test again after 9days of missing, but it was -ve. Now I think I should wait bfore any other test. But I am eager to know(u knoe, how it feels)... I am healthy otherwise. At times I feel that my periods going to start. I have no other symptoms. Can any body help me.
lulu-
Hello! Our bodies are confusing aren't they? :) Well, my guess is that your daughter is having normal teenager cycles-- meaning Irregular! I wouldn't be too worried, but if it doesn't start in a couple of months, i would see her doc (gyn). Good luck!

jewels-
Hi! I was going to say, after your first post, that you sounded pregnant to me and yes it is totally possible to get pregnant in that time after you have your baby. Then I read your second post and you confirmed what I thought. I am so sorry for your loss. Just like you said-- it just wasn't your time. It will happen when HE knows you can handle it. If you need anything, please post. Take care!

ms_ad-
Hello there! A false positive is very rare, but then again, waiting 30 minutes after you take a hpt is usually not recommended (because evaporation lines can show up like a positive). What were the instructions on your hpt? They have to be followed precisely! It is possible that you are pregnant-- Please go to the doc to confirm. Make sure you get a quantative blood test-- this measures the amount of hcg (pregnancy hormone) in your blood stream. Best to know as soon as possible! You would be at least a month pregnant by now! Take a prenatal vitamin just in case, if you aren't already! Best wishes and please let me know how it turns out!! baby dust!

Sorry it took me so long to respond! I have been slacking. Plus I have sort of been down in the dumps. Two more negative tests. :( I am going to start prometrium, per my docs suggestion, this evening. Wish me luck! Either I will have a raging AF or nothing! If it's the latter, i would more than likely be pregnant! *fingers crossed* :)
Blessings to all!
Chelzers
I wish you the best of luck Chelzers!! Thanks so much for your response too. My husband and I will start trying again eventually, and just like you said, it will happen when He wants it to. Plain and simple. I think that is why I am more okay with everything that has happened than I thought I would be. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you that you are prego. :)
Thanks Chelzers for your help. I actually feeled relieved that I was not alone who were experiencing these kind of wierd things. :-) Best of Luck to all of you.
Thanks Jewels! It made me a little teary to read your post-you're amazing!! I wish the same to you!! Take care!
Chelzers
Hi ladies,
I've been reading these for a while, thinking "I don't need to comment," but I guess I do.  My period will be three weeks late this coming Tuesday, and I just don't know what to think!  I do have a blood test scheduled for Tuesday afternoon.  I have a relative who is a surgeon and she reminds me that many women are different and everyone experiences different things so pregnancy is so hard to *diagnose* if you know what I mean.  I wonder if having a blood test at this point is too soon?  I took one hpt and it was negative; then a second test and I could swear it was faintly faintly positive; then a third test (different brand) and it was negative.  I've read that lots of women don't really have high enough hcG levels in the first few weeks of pregnancy.  The first couple weeks with a late period I had some mild cramping, some killer headaches (I never have headaches) some feeling-sick-if-I-don't-eat-right-now feelings, some thick discharge, but no change in breasts that I could see - still no change in breasts.  And here's the kicker: I've been on the pill since my wedding - 3 years.   The jury's out on that one - about 50% of people I talk to say it's highly unlikely that you're pregnant because the pill is accurate, and then the other 50% say you knows the pill is not 100% and it IS likely that you're pregnant.  And then a nurse the other day says to me, "Honey you''d be a few weeks pregnant by now and you should know if you're pregnant..." and I'm like, I've never been pregnant before!!  How would I "KNOW" that I'm pregnant!?  This week I've sorta shifted from feeling yucky to feeling pretty doggone good, actually.  Shouldn't I be feeling yucky if I am pregnant?
Hi everyone....I am new to the site, and glad I am here.  I need all the help I can get.

I have been on BC for about 10 years, due to heavy periods.  I am 25.  I ALWAYS get my period on time....I am now 2 months late.  I have taken 4 HPT, and they are all negative.  I am currently trying to find a new gyno...perfect timing, I guess.  When I called the doctors office last month, when I missed, he said, "BCP can thin out your blood so much that some times you don't get it at all, You can take a test to use your mind, but your not pregnant."  

I have most the symptoms of a period....cramps, back pain, sickness ( not morning ), but no bleeding.  I haould have received my period on Thursday, today is Saturday.  Last night my stomach felt so weird...constant moving around (bubbly) from the lower area of my stomach all the way up to my rib cage. My breast don't hurt and I don't "feel" pregnant.

Any advice, would be great.  Thanks!
hello everyone!! Back from another weekend of no AF!! I did take another hpt and my husband and I saw the faintest line you could imagine (ever!!) but checked a couple minutes later and it was gone.. so who knows what that means!!

aturner-
Hello dear! I too was sucked into putting something on this site! :) lol! I am so glad I did because I get to talk with women who are experiencing the same crazy and frustrating things I am! I know how you feel! Especially about the not really any breast changes (mine are just kind of heavy) but just not feeling right-- especially if you don't eat and all that good stuff. It is definately not too early for a blood test.. just make sure you ask for the quantitative (hcg) test. You can have one of these tests done even before you miss your period. I agree with your friend that it is very hard to diagnose pregnancy because EVERYONE is different. I am not sure what to tell you about the BC's, but it IS possible to get pregnant while taking them.. we are human and make errors.. even if you don't take them at the same time every day, it is possible you could get pregnant. I will be thinking about you and if you have any more questions or concerns, please post! I will be leaving to go out of town thursday morning and I will be gone until Monday night. So if you could, please post your results and I will get back to you when I get back!

CeCe-
Hi there! First I have a question, did you stop taking BC? Or are you like aturner and still taking them? If you stopped them, it is possible that it is just taking a while for your body to get back into gear after taking the pill. And it is possible that you are pregnant. I don't think it's fair that the person at the doctors office told you that you're not pregnant without even seeing you or giving you a test of any kind. Just like we have said many times on this site- every woman's body is different! Have a blood test done if you are still not sure whether you are or are not...(the hcg test). I have many of the same feelings as you.. bubbly tummy(in fact it is a little round like a pregnant tummy), kind of just sickly feeling, cramps on and off.. all of that kind of stuff. It is so frustrating, but it is good to talk to other women to help ease your mind and just to vent with! If you find out anything, or if you have any more questions or concerns, please post them! As I said above, after wednesday afternoon, I won't be back on until Tuesday of next week.

I hope to hear from you all soon!!!
Take care and **baby dust**!!
Chelzers
Hi everyone....I went to an emergency hospital clinic on Saturday to get a blood test done...it came out negative for pregnancy, thyroid and hormone (What ever that means-hormone test).  

I am on BC still....actually I was suppose to start a new pack yesterday but the doctor at the hospital told me to stop the pill till I went to a OBGYN, which I have an appointment tomorrow....I hope I get some answers....I have no patience for this.

Hopefully tomorrow night I will have so sort of news to write on here....hopefully good news...

Hi everyone....I went for a blood test on Saturday and the result was negative.  They also checked my thyroid, and hormones (what ever that means)...they both were also negative.

Tomorrow I have an appointment with the OBGYN....for more tests...hopefully tomorrow I will have more answers.  

I was on the pill for about 10 years, the doctor told me Sunday to stop taking it till I see the OBGYN...So I have not taken it since Saturday.

I have no patience for this ****, so I hope I get more answers tomorrow.  I will keep you posted, you do the same.

Thanks!
C
I am 19 days from my expected period date. still no period, feelin uncomfortable.. little heavy breast.
I had blood test 6 days a go , it was negative, and yesterday had urine test at CLSC..... nurse said it is negative, what that simptoms means? normally my period on time abt 28 days, after trying to consive every 35 days......... and my stomach kinda getting big ( lol).  Please help
my period is almost two weeks late. Ive taken about 6 hpt, 2 urine tests at the doctors and one blood test, all negative. Like a few of you, my doctor recommended to start back on birthcontrol, which i stopped takin about two months ago.  She also said my period could be late because i got off the BC, but ive gotten off it before and i got my period wayy sooner then i was suppose to, so i kinda dont think its because of that. She also said it could be because of stress, but i really am not that stressed at all.  I have another appt. tomorrow so im gunna take anotherrrr test, but im not sure if its still to early to tell? ive had the sore breast, but it only lasted about a day, but let me tell youuu, lol ive neverrrr gotten so sore like that before, ive been getting nauseous here and there, i keep getting cramping, but no period, ive had a couple headaches, and yesterday i started feeling like a twiching in my lower abdomen, about around the area where you would get cramps. im just siickk of waiting alreadyy, i just wanna know already! but if anyonne has some advice id greatly appreciate it! thankss
I have been reading this thread and been having alot of the same problems. I am now 14 days late for my period and my husband and I have been trying for a baby for almost a year now. I am never late for my period and I have never been on birth control. I took a test first thing this morning and it was negative AGAIN! I was very upset, although I know I could still be pregnant. I am going to see my doctor this morning and I will see what she has to say. About a week after I ovulated I think I had implantation bleeding. it was brownish and only lasted a day and it was nothing like my period and I have never spotted before. I have been having alot of pregnancy symptoms as well. Tired, naseau, headaches, hot&cold, urinating frequently and the feeling that I am pregnant.
I completely understand what the rest of you are going through and it really sucks to have to wait and I hate not knowing. If I am not pregnant than I want my period to come so I can know when I will ovulate again. But I really hope I am.
I think that it is different for every woman which makes this difficult. I had a friend who didn't get a positive till she was three months and then another friend who got a positive 5 days before she expected her period.
Anyway I am going to the doctor today and I will let you all know what she says.

Chelzers: I am curious to find out what happened with you, write back if you get a chance.

Take care everyone and good luck to you all
please update us on your latest. would like to know what the doctor said.
I wonder if anyone could help me? i was on the pill but started having pregnancy symptoms, so i stopped takin the pill after doing a test which faintly said positive, i did like 7 more tests which all were positive but were stil faint. i went to have a scan an they couldnt see nothing but they sed on the right side of my stomach the lining was thick which cud mean im early pregnant, then next week i went back, they stil couldnt see nothing but have assumed i was preg but lost it and havent misscarried an i should go in for an op to have it removed. they also did a test and it was negative. im really scared. as they havent actually seen anythin, theyve just assumed, i wonder if i cud be early preg (because we had unprotected sex for 7 weeks cos we thought i was pregnant anyway, so its a possibility) but they wouldnt see anything on the scan yet? i dont want to have an op if there is nothing wrong with the baby, but theyve told me if i dont go in i will get really ill, how wud they know? i dont know wat to do for the best.
Hi All. Not sure what to think. I am 14 days late. I have always been regular. I had spotting (very little) around the time implantation would have occurred. I have taken 5 tests, all neg. I went to the doctor, she advised me to wait a few days and take the blood test. I am just confused of why the urine test wouldn’t show anything by now? I was preg once before (miscarriage) and the urine test showed positive about 5 days after my missed period. So wouldn’t it be the same now??? I am so confused and I just want to know what is going on!! Anyone out there been this late and had negative tests and turned out to be pregnant???
I had bow chicka bow bow with my boyfriend 3 days in a row. I was due for my period 7 days later so I am aware that we did not have sex during my fertile time. However, I’m 22 days late. I have been a lot more tired lately, super thirsty, peeing a lot, the bathroom is my best friend. As soon as I drink something it comes out 5 minutes later. I’m extremely irritable and cranky and don’t have a lot of patience. My breasts aren’t that sore, my left breast is a quite sore if I push down on it, but they aren’t sore to the touch. My left breast is sorer than my right one, looks bigger too. I spotted a bit on my 21st day late so I thought I was getting my period but it hasn’t come. I am crampy, and have been crampy for the past three weeks, I keep thinking that my period is coming so I rush to the bathroom but NOTHING is there. I took two urine tests, one at the doctor and one at home, both said negative? This was a week ago. Should I wait or test again? Is it possible I am pregnant even though the tests were negative?
Ok Girlies, here is my story for you... in january 2006 i realised i hadnt had a period for 3months! yup thts rite MONTHS! im not regualr anyway but 3 months for me was along time, so i decided to take a pregnancy test it came back negative.. afew days later i took yet another test, also coming back negative one day at work i felt sick and my back was killing me and i had a huge pain in my left side, i thought it might have been an eptopic pregnancy, so i went straight to the hospital they ran lots of test on me blood tests scans etc, and they told me i deffanetly wasnt! pregnant, so on the 7th Febuary i was getting really sick of feeling sick, no period so i took yet another test and this one was my 11th test... And yes i was infact pregnant!!! it does happen girls i was 3 months pregnant before i finally got a positive result and even the hospital was wrong! it does happen! and now i have a lovely baby joseph who is now 1 years old! dont let the negative result throw you because it could actually be positive.. x x
Wow, us ladies are so much alike!  :)  I had light pink spotting in early December (one full week before my expected period) there was 'no' cramping, it was so light I only needed a liner.  
I continued on with the month just thinking it could be stress (so much going at work & with my other 3 children etc...)
The last 3 weeks my breasts have gotten bigger, very sore & tingly, I am very very tired & moody & seem to be crying over anything at all?  
I did a pregnancy test but way too early.  I did it before my regular period would have begun, I did it right after the spotting.

Now I am almost coming into January with all of these signs & I spoke to 2 Nurses & they both told me that their tests came out 'negative' until they were 11 & 12 weeks along.  I couldn't believe how common it was to get a negative that far along for 2 seperate people.  I would only be about 6 weeks along if I am infact expecting baby #4.  I have headaches off & on now too..it definitley feels that I am, I think I will just wait & see if I come on my next period for January.  I should get it 'no later' than January 14th.  I'll keep you all posted.

Is anyone else having these types of symptoms?

Thanks Ladies!
This has been a great thread to read..

I am just over two weeks late now.. i feel like i am pg.. but i dont know..
have had at least 4 negative hpts and one negative urine test at the drs.
i think i am just going to wait and see. My last period began 26 November... in two weeks it will be 8 week since my last period..
hello,
I'M New to all this
i just recently had my first sexual intercouse with my long term boyfriend
Im 20 and a very irregular individual...
my last period was on Nov. 27th lasting about 6 or 7 days
i just got a new job and had a previous trip and also an stressful job
i was also dead sick and had to take antibiotics and a cough depressant during the first weeks of December.
i took a pregnancy test at home on January  13 or so and it came out negative, then went to the clinic still said negative, taken home pregnancy test aproximately every 2 days after that because there is still no period, now im getting my regular period symptoms, sore breast, lower cramps and some dark thin blood down there :)
could i be pregnant the last test i took today January 21st still said negative.
please help!!!!
the first and only day i had (halfway) intercourse was on December 8th or 9th and he never ejaculated it was pretty much 2 seconds trying but it hurt too much so we stopped.
anyone
help!
hello,
I'M New to all this
please help!!!!
anyone
help!
Hi Everyone!
It's been so nice to read everybody's comments!
I had a missed miscarriage in July, and didn't understand AT ALL why it would have happened and what was going on, but a blog similar to this one made me feel so much better!
When I was 25, I had a completely easy normal pregnancy -and now a beautiful 8-year old daughter who wants a brother or sister - so we've been trying for the last year.  2nd pregnancy took right away, only to find out in my 12th week that I had a missed miscarriage ):
I waited at least 4 months until my cycles were regular to try again, and now I'm 2 weeks late, but so far 6 negative pregnancy tests.  The doctor doesn't want to see me yet, but I have some cramps, and I'm pretty sure that something is wrong.  The waiting is going to drive me crazy, but it sounds like (from what I'm reading here) that I have several long months to haul before I find out anything one way or another.
Thanks for the reality check! ---still a little sad though ):
ps...  Madpm:  Good luck!!!   I'm about a week after your post here...  It's maddening not knowing, isn't it?  I hope you've found out though!
I am almost 5 weeks late and have been experiencing quite a few signs of pregnancy. This morning I noticed a light brownish colored discharge. Is this normal or should I be worried? My friend who recently had a baby told me that it's normal and not to worry but I still wanted some other people's opinions.
Hey I am new to this, but I am very curious to what's going on with my period. I am (as of today) 2 weeks late from my expected period. For the past week I've had lower back pain that just won't go away, more headaches than normal, slight cramping/burning where my period cramps are normally, some nauseousness, I've been a bit more tired, and quite moody. I took A HPT yesterday morning, but it came back negative. My period is irregular but never this late, and i haven't skipped a month in years! Someone help!!
I hear you girl. As of today i am 3 weeks late i took 4 home test and went to the doctors all came out negative, next week will be time for my 2nd period i am going to miss.  
Back pain is common with your monthly period. wait a few days an try taking another test. keep me posted
okay so the last period i had was in january around the 25th, and i have not had one since and its march 17. two years ago i had gotten pregnant first try, i miscarried 3 months later, ever since then, i have had trouble trying to get pregnant, i have tried having sex everyday, every 3 days,and every once in a while and nothing yet, i have been a week late sometimes on af, but not this long, it has been 17 days since i should have started my period, i took a home prg test at a few days late, big negative, i took another one a week ago at one week late another negative, no blood tests and cannot afford it really, not now. but i really want a baby....any suggestions or comments
It is amazing how many people go through the same things as you.  My last period was in January.  Home pregnancy tests come out negative, as they always do.  I go for a urine test tomorrow at my obgyn.  We shall see how that goes.  Im crossing my fingers, and I wish you ladies the best of luck. =]
Wow, this post is so old, but I see that people are still here, so I'm going to post something. My last normal period came about Feb 5th (give or take a day...I forgot to mark it on my calendar). On Feb 25th, I had spotting that lasted 4 days (for the last 3 days, it only lasted from the morning until the early afternoon. By nighttime, there would be nothing). That same week I was exhausted and nauseated...I thought I was coming down w/the flu until the spotting started. I started cramping after the spotting ended, and I have sharp pains in my abdomen on occassion. The cramping has been far worse than menstrual cramps. My breasts have also had sharp, shooting pains. As of 2 days ago, I still have a negative test. I'm waiting for an authorization to have a CAT scan done because I had some weird issues a couple months ago. The doctor thought it was a cyst, but never found anything. But this is the first time that I've missed AF for so long. Last time I was preggos, I didn't find out until a month after I had spotting.  What do you ladies think?
I forgot to add that I've lost about 15 lbs over the last 5 or 6 months, and most of my clothes are a couple sizes too big for me. But now I can barely stand to zip up my pants because I'm so bloated and the pressure hurts too much. Luckily my desk at work is fairly private and I can unzip and cover it with a long shirt! lol
Well today is day 17 and still no period. I've been cramping a little like it wants to start, but no sign of it - not even a little spotting. At first I thought it was because of stress since we had a death in the family over a week ago, and I constantly thought "when will my period come?!". Now I don't even think about it.. so I'm guessing I can rule out the stress part. Maybe it decided to skip the month of March, haha. Anyway - my 2nd missed period will be April 3, so if nothing is here by then I'll be going to the doctor to figure this all out.

Let me know how you're doing!

*Alana
well i have been really stressed 2 weeks and right up til before my period was due and i had protected sex !!!!! i had also been to the doctor with a sore throat and got a persiption(sp?) !!! then 3 days before my period was due i began to feel sick !! but didnt get sick !!!! i am now 11 days late!!!! i took two tests and both was neg !!!! i am still feeling sick and have light cramping !!! and i have mild sore throat still !!!! is there a possiblity i could be pregnant ?????

im really scared i would love to hear your opinions!!!!!!
thanks
hossie88
I am now a month late and have skipped my 2nd period. I took my second HPT a little over a week ago, but it too was negative. I still have the lower back pain and light cramping sometimes. I would love to hear y'alls opinions and updates!

*Alana
It has been great reading all of your postings.  I usually have my period about every 5 weeks.  But it has been since Feb. 17th since my last period.  I have taken a ton of hpt's, and all have came out negative.  I have a few of the early symptoms like fatigue, the cramps in one side or the other but never in both sides at the same time, moodiness, killer heartburn just a few times.  Other than that everything is normal.  My husband and I are ttc.  We have been trying for about 8 months now and nothing has happened.  Every month I get my hopes up and then I start my period.  Are there any opinions, and does anyone think that there is still that chance that I could be pregnant ???
hey, it sounds like you're in the same boat as me! my last period was feb 3.. so i'm now over a month late. i just took my 3rd HPT this morning but it, too, like the others was negative. i've heard that sometimes it can take up to 3 or 4 months before the pregnancy hormone can be detected. so don't give up hope until your period gets here - if it does. keep me posted!
It is so helpful knowing that several woman are just like me. My husband and I have just started trying and sometimes I feel like I am just obsessed with the entire process. I used an ovulation testing kit this month and was able to predict my fertile days. My period is never normal. I went 48days to 32, 26, 28, 28 the past few months. I am 4 days late for a 28 day cycle but a pregnancy test came up negative this morning. I don't feel normal though. Crampy, bloated, I slept 12 hours yesterday. I would love for us to be pregnant, but I have no clue what is going on with my body. SO FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Could I still be pregnant?
I had my last period on March 2, 2008 and 2 weeks later I had another light period for 2 days that had some clots in it.  I took a test this morning that came up negative.  Could I still be pregnant?  Help.
Any updates on your situations?

My last af was Feb 27th +/- a day.  I am usually on a 28 day cycle whether I am on or off the pill and have only ever been 2 - 3 days late on a few occasions in the past.  I am currently 14 days late.  5 hpt's later and I am still getting negative results.  I don't have any major symptoms except continuous cramping in the lower abdomen for the past 2 wks and tender nipples which I notice went away a few days ago.  

I called my doctor today and they told me they don't reccommend the blood test until after I've missed the second period.  so I have another 14 days before I can schedule a blood test.  I plan to keep taking the hpt's once a week for the next couple of weeks and just wait it out until I can know for sure.  

I just wanted to follow up with you guys to see how things are turning out for you since we seem to be in very similar situations.  If you get a chance please post an update.  

My significant other and I weren't planning for this but we would be extremely excited if it turned out that I was pregnant.
I think I'm the worst. I & hubby have been trying for baby more than 1 years and we are happy when my pregnancy test is positive on Nov 2006. Unfortunately on the next day all turn into tear when my lower abdomen pain and start bleeding.. i immediatelly see doctor and realise i got ectopic pregnancy. I had been send to hospital and the doctor there said "Everything is ok just feotus is weak.." Everyday they inject me.. but the fear came when i go to washroom and alot of blood came out.. I was really going to be crazy, scare, worry when my abdomen was very pain..i tell doctor he not even see me just ask nurse to give me injection.. After one week received injection they scan me and tell me nothing in my uterus(NO BABY) but my blood and urine test show me pregnant.. they send me into operation room and done something.. After that i go home. Two day later they call me and tell me i got tubal pregnancy and must remove the fallopian tube immediatelly cause it's going to burst.. Finally my fallopian tube had been removed.. this really hurt me... my broken heart still hope for baby but every month i end up with disapointed..  Ladies, if you feel something wrong with your pregnancy just go to doctor and find a good and responsible doc..  BETTER BE SAVE THAN SORRY...
HI there, I was just reading about all of your situtaions, I am in the same boat. I had my last period Feb29, we are now April 17, and no period. On MOn April 8, and Tues April 9, I spotted very very little, it was not a period. I did many many prego tests, and they came back all negative. So Friday April 11, I went to get blood work done....it came back NEGATIVE!! SO my doctor is now sending me for mor eblood work to check everything else out. I have to go back in 2 weeks if I don't get my period as well. My husband and I are trying to have a baby, but its just not working. They say that stress can delay your period, I am not stressed. I just want my period to come so I can try to figure out when I ovulate, so I can get PREGNANT! Hope everything turns out good for you all.
D
hopetobemum2008, I feel your pain.  Your story is so sad.  I hope things work out for you soon.  I'll pray for you.

It makes me wonder why my doctor would tell me to wait 8 weeks past my missed period before I do the blood test.  There are so many things that could go wrong during pregnancy that I would think they would take the necessary precautions to diagnose it as quickly as possible.

The worst part about all this is that I haven't told my hubby yet.  I have been bearing this all on my own and am just dying to know what is going on so I can finally fill him in.  I don't want to tell him until I am absolutely sure what is happening to me, though.  

I am trying to stay calm and collected but I can't help but find myself obsessing about it.  A part of me will be largely dissappointed if I am not pregnant.
Thanks...

I pray everyday hope to get pregnant.. Last month a doctor told me that my uterus is facing behind and I must change my position to get pregnant...This two month i and my hubby visit a chinese traditional doctor and eat medicine everyday.. 18pill for one day..

I know everyone here will get pregnant...relek.. everymonth you ovulate that mean you got chance.. for me, my chance is only 50% with one fallopian tube...i buy crystal, i eat nutrition food, pray.. see doctor.. i'll do anything to get pregnant. I spent a lot but get nothing.. WAT TO DO?
Will the ovulation kits still work?, even though I have no idea when I should be ovulating.I know that it is suppose to detect when you are most fertile, but I heard that you need to have a period to get pregnant. Is this true?, b/c if it is, there's no hope for me. I'm almost 2 months late, and no period.
Ovulation Kits sure work if you ovulate.
My sister period also late about 2 month but she still can get pregnant. She herself also don't know how it can be. My sis in law also same.. she had her period on 29Dec'08 and having intercourse on 21 jan'08, On Feb2008 she get a positive pregnancy test. I  heard chinese traditional doctor say that we must count day one if we see blood no matter spotting or light bleeding.. I, spotting on Monday till Wed, Thursday only my period came.. but i have to count Monday as day 1..
Thanks. Its so frustrating, I have 2 other children and I never had problems getting pregnant at all. All this counting the days to ovulation is new to me. It just happened both times before.
ok I am almost two weeks late for my period no signs of pregnancy or period.  The last one i had was march 19 then when it stoped i had some weird bleeding but not at all like a period.  3 neg hpt what is going on am i pregnant
Apparently I am not the only one having this issue; I am 8 days late and don't know what to do? I took two hpt and they were negative I go on Wednesday to see an ob gyn for reassurance. Just the thought of certain food gets me sick.. Anyone can give me any advice..
Back in sept i got preganant and took a test 6 days after my AF was supposed to arrive and it came back positive. Then in Nov 2 days before my 12 week mark i had a miscarriage and ended up having a d&c done since then i have been getting my period on teh 1st of every month. My boyfriend and I have been trying again for a baby and no luck then this month my period didnt come on the 1st so i waited till the 2nd nothng so yeaterday the 3rd i took a HPT and it came back negative this is weird to me considering that my period has always been regular. I called Health link and they said to wait till tuesday and test again and if it still says no then see teh doc cuz somthing is wrong with me. What could have gone wrong since kast month when my period was ontime. Could it be that since my misscarriage that maybe my body is taking longer to detect im pregant? any advise?
I guess alot are going through the same thing. I am 2 weeks late and are having the normal signs of pregnancy except for the soreness in the breast. I have taken about 5 ept's all negative. This is a first for me and any advise would be very helpful!!
My period is 2 weeks late and I have taken 3 home pregnancy tests so far.. all three were negative.  I am going to the doctor today to take a blood test.  Seeing all of the people on here who have the same problem is kind of scary.  
I have had no symptoms so far besides frequent headaches.  If I am pregnant I really need to know asap!  Anyone have any advice?

thanks
i had a period in the middle of a pack of pills which lasted about 12 days i continued to take them till the end then in my 7 day break i went to see the nurse for a pill check, she decided to put me on the mini pill but i was unable to start them untill i came on. I have had no period since there was 3 days that when i wiped there was a tiny bit of brown stuff on the loo roll it was only once a day over 3 days was it a period? or am i pregnant (im so confused) done 4 hpts and the docs done 1 all neg, is it too early? am i on day 39 or day 27 please help      
   i also have pregnancy symptoms, most of them actually
thanks
southernbell- your going to just have to get a blood test, but after 5 negative hpts its doubtful your pregnant.

jluv- no adivice other than your going tjust have to wait till you get your blood test done.

mumof2 if your on the pill its not likely that your pregnant. because you wound up bleeding i the middle of your pills its more than likely why your period its all messed up.
Wow. that was really fun to read!!!

i was wondering if any of you had any advice for me...

i had extremely light spotting 2 weeks before my period.. i still had my period, im on Ortho tri cyclen lo
this was almost a month ago..

ive been feeling sick .. getting headaches.. breasts are sore...tired..very tired... and i have this bubbly feeling inside..

i took a pregnancy test back in the beginning when i was spotting it was a negative...

should i retest? or am i just being too hopeful?
im a newlywed and it would be exciting...

thanks for the help

-manda
thanks the only thing is  i got pregnant april 05 while on the pill but i miscarried at 7 1/2 weeks without ttc but 12 weeks after that we decided to ttc and fell preg straight away i dont want to rule out that i might be, im not on the pill as of the 21st may we have had unprotected sex just over a week ago was the last time, so there is a slim chance
the nurse sad to me that it can take up to 2 weeks after unprotected sex for a hpt to pick up the pregnancy hormone i would wait a bit and retest in a few days or a week  
good luck to you
Ok...ive been have seriously tender breast and i have had all of the symptoms of pregnancy and i was two weeks late on my period...and when i got it, it was dif than usual...ive taken 5 preg. tests and only one came out pos. and the other 4 neg.   could i be pregnant??
did the pos come out straight away? was it the last result you had? i had one pos but to start with it was faint so i waited and did another test 3 days later which was neg i think it was an evaporation line i am still waiting for my period or a pos test so far i have none of them

if you have just had a period then i would wait for the next 1 or go and see the doctor and get them to do a blood test then you will find out for sure
good luck
I AM A MOTHER OF 3 MY SECOND CHILD WHO IS NOW 6 I DONE TESTS 2 SEE IF I WAS PREG BUT THE TESTS CAME UP NEG SO THE DOC TOLD ME I WAS NOT PREG SO ANYWAY MY PERIOD CAME SO I THOUGHT I WAS NOT PREG 2 MONTHS PASTED I FELT SICK THE DOC SAYED I WAS PREG SO HE SENT ME 4 A SCAN AND I WAS 4 MONTHS GONE  NOW I AM TRYING 4 MY 4TH BABY AND I AM 3 WEEKS LATE I GO WITH MY OWN FEELING NOT THE TESTS BECAUSE THEY SAY I AM NOT PREG BUT I KNOW I AM
i am now two weeks late for my period, i am not on the pill, and usually regular! I have had 4 neg hpt's including one from doctors, am very scared! Have sore nipples and nausea, not nice! Doctor said not to worry but i am! advice anyone please!?!
I am 2 weeks late on my period, I have had regular periods ever since december. I was irregular before but went back to normal on it's own.
I went to my ob/g because I was bleeding for 15 days straight and I felt really sick. They did an ultrasound to check for cyst and thyroid problems, Everything came back normal, thank God. Now I was suppose to get my period on July 07 and nothing. Im still currently waiting for AF to show up. I tested July 13 and it was negative, had a blood test done 8 dpo and it was negative as well.( was the blood test to soon to tell?) The only thing that's going on with my body is the cramping, tired, lil bit of nausea and very hungry...lol..I only tested once on the 13th of July and got so sad with the result that I didnt test and havent tested yet. Can anyone help me with my situation. I would really appreciate it. Thanks.
I am 2 weeks late(as of today) and took a HPT this morning with a negative result.  I usually am pretty regular 28 days  with 3 or 4 days period time.  I am urinating like crazy, feeling more hungry than usual, sleeping more but having troubles falling asleep on my stomach cause its just not comfortable anymore, headaches like you wouldn't believe and some light cramping.  I have felt like I was going to start a few times but rushed into the bathroom and nothing.  My first day of my last period was July 11th and still nothing.  Not really having more stress than usual so I don't know what to do or expect.  Me and my boyfriend are really wanting a baby because of our miscarriage in Nov. 07 and have been wanting to start a family.  What should I do?  Wait another week to retest.. or go to the doctors for a blood test.  Either way we both have our fingers crossed and praying that we are pregnant.
Im a senior in high school, and for the most part i have had normal periods.but i am now 3 weeks late as of tomorrow...i have taken 3 home pregnancy tests,and all came back negative...im experiencing some mild cramping and diahrrea...could somebody please give me some advice???
Hiya all i have abit of a problem too. I have been trying for a baby with my partner for a while now, and as off the 6th october 2008 im 2 weeks late. I have done about 10 tests an all say negative. Its so strange because normally iam regular and i came off the pill 2months ago an had a nice normal period middle of august.. Could the pill still be in my system an thats why my tests are coiming back negative?? I was only on the pill for 4 months too. Im so desbrate for a baby iam crossing everything iam, any advise please. Many thanx xx
i had a miscarriage on june 28th. i am now 6 days late and im never late. i just took a test and it was negative. i am extremely sleepy and peeing all the time(got up 5 times last night) all same signs with my son. Could the test be wrong? could the miscarriage effect the test even though its been a couple months? when should i test again?
well, i am 16 days late and i took 4 HPT all said negative. I have no way to get a blood test done. i havent ever been this late. but my periods never on time. is it normal to skip a month?
well i say wait till you are like a month or a month and a 1/2 late and then go for another this has happened to me but i havent been pregnant so maybe you can just be a l ittle late so try not to worry worry about it and get a test in a few weeks.
well, i cant stop stressing about it and stress just makes your period even later...is it normal to skip a month? because once the 5th rolls around tht will be a month late.
hi guys wow all great posts!! And they all sound like me! I am 23 days late for my period , And i have taken about 10 hpts and all negative! It seems like everyone i talk to about this says well then your not pregnant duh..But i know i am...i am always always on time every month! Even the nurse @ planned parenthood couldnt possibly think i was pregnant because it came up negative! And obviously by the way every one is talking here that it is possibl;e to be preg  and not show a positive result yet. Right? I mean is it possible to show no HCG in your urine and still be preg? I think im gonna go to the ER tommarrow and ask for a blood test, do you think they will do one, and if so will i get the results rite there or will i have to wait a couple days? God its just driving me crazy! I am not under any stress , i am not taking any new meds, what else could it possibly be? Thats what i would like to know, if its not stress, not new meds, and not pregnant, then what could possibly be wrong with us? Ok im done rambling, hope to hear from some1 very soon. Hope everyone is doin great.
P.S.
Geez this thread started in 2005! Thats crazy, i wonder what happened with everyone, it seems noone really came back and said what the prob was or if they were in fact pregnant.
Hello, I wish to say that this was amazing to read. To see that so many other women have been having the same types of worries and especialy that everyone has been so supportive of one another. That is very inspiring and even calming to see fellow support.

I have a concern that I would love some input on. My period has always been very regular. I live in a place that gets snowed in completely during the winter, I have to access to a pregnancy test nor a doctor unless I believe it is a dire emergency.

My period was 2 weeks late and that has never happened. I assumed that pregnancy was quite likely. So I treated it that way until I was able to get a test. I do have an ovarian cyst and am not sure if that could have had any impact. I was feeling symptoms of sickness and soar breasts and occasional cramps that would come and go and not be very intense. Suddenly when I was about 3 weeks late, my period started very suddenly. I want to know if any one has any imput on why this might have happened. I have never been late like that before. Is it possible that I miscarried? or did that cyst have and impact? or is it perfectly normal to sometimes have a period be late like that? and is it enough of an emergency that I need to see a doctor. Because it is extremely difficult here. Any imput would be wonderful. I just want to know what might have happened
I am going through what a lot of you are going through.  I recently got married to the man that I've been with for 3 years.  During that time I was on the deposhot for a year where I had no period, then got off and got on the patch for about 6 months and then I got the copper IUD as it has no hormones.  My periods where somewhat all over the place while getting used to it.  About a month before our wedding I got the IUD pulled and as we planned to start TTC in March we decided to use condoms instead of putting any hormones in my body. Well, to make this story short I'm late.  There was one time a few days before I was due to ovulate that we didn't use a condom and a quentionable time when one could have broke.  My last period was on Thanksgiving.  (which made me upset that I'd start again around Christmas...who wants to be on that for both holidays!)  However, it is now Jan 5th and I have not started yet.  I;ve taken 6 at home tests and all are negative.  I have been feeling nauseated but nothing to the degree of when I was pregnant with my son though I know not every pregnancy is the same, I've also been experiencing some cramping which feels somewhat like cysts that I've had in the past but no period.  Should I go get a blood test done or just wait it out?  If I'm not pregnant I just really want my period to start so we can bump up the trying.    
Hey, so its seems, I am in the same boat as many others.  To get straight to the point.

1) My period is 3 weeks late tomorrow
2) I have taken 6 NEGATIVE pregnancy test (expensive ones)
3) Last week the doctor said that they would only do a urine test and to do one in 2 weeks.
4) In 2 weeks I am off on my holidays (2 b bridesmaid)
5) My husband I have been trying for a year

I am not stressed, things are all good at home & work, I would just like to know before I go away (and 7 hours on a plane).

By the time we fly my second period will be a few days late.

Would love to hear anyones updates on their situations, expecially Chelzers.

Manoosh
hi I am three days late. I am never late. I cramped for about an hour and havent since. I have taken two clear blue tests and both negative. i am only 19 and have not recent problems. So I was wondering if I concieved after ovulation could that maybe be why the tests are negative? And would it already effect my period?                  Thank
Hi everyone. I have been trying for less than year to concieve (conceive) with my husband.  We dont have children but want some soon!  I was pregnant about two years ago and I had NO IDEA and ended up with a miscarriage, very early, not even a month.  Any way, my last cycle was January 7.  I am now starting to have lower back pain, mild cramping in my lower abdominals and headaches.  I took a over the counter test last week and they came up negative.  However, I do tend to always get positive test when in fact I am not pregnant!  I go to the doctor Wednesday, please keep me in your prayers, we want this to be positive!
I understand exactly what your going through. I hope you got the answer you have been praying for. I would appreciated it if you would share your results.

TO ANYONE: I am experience the same thing. My period is 2 weeks late. My fiance' and I do not use birth control. I have never been this late before. Then I experienced a small amount of bright red blood, almost orange. I thought my period was starting but it never did. I took 2 home pregnancy tests and they were both negative.I have also been experiencing chills. So, I thought I might just be getting a cold. My doctors appointment is not until the end of the month. It is driving crazy not knowing what is going on with my body!  Has anyone else had this same experience and had their problem solved? If so, please share.
i am two weeks late now. I recently Dec 5th gave birth to a baby girl at 21 weeks along. She obviously didn't survive. I was given Provera to give me a period sooner in January, and I got it jan23-27th, now it is March 8th, and no period..I have taken a test almost every day, and all negative. I do not feel like i have any symptoms, but i just don't know if my body is still messed up from December. My doc said to call tomorrow if i still haven't gotten my period...i thought you were supposed to be really fertile after giving birth..i just am in limbo and need to have another baby asap. no period, and neg test is driving me nuts
hi guys! me and my boyfriend are trying for baby 2 i come off my pill early jan had my peroid as normal on 20th jan now im 8 weeks late frequently urinating,feeling dizzy and tired but 3 tests later and there all negative im going out of my mind!
with my first born i didnt find out i was pregnant till i was 9 weeks due to same situation negative tests! whart shall i do ladies as im going out of my mind thinking all sorts x x
I was reading everyones post and its a lot like what im going though.im 15 days late and my breast are sore on and off.ive taken 2 hpt and both came back negative."i took them both at night,i dont know if that matters too much"
my periods are late sometimes,but they have never been this late before.this is sooooooo confusing.
im not sure if I want to have a baby or not right now,i just want to know.
I'm going through the same thing. I had a lot of problems the first time around though. I had a cystic tumor on one ovary and had to have it removed while I was 16 weeks pregnant. It was the size of a soccer ball and preventing the baby from growing. I had went through 9 pregnancy tests. The first neg. the second positive. Then my bf at the time wanted me to take another and it was neg. so on I went til I finally went to the doctor and they said it turned positive before it got into the cup.  I now have a healthy little boy.
He's 2 1/2 now and I'm 15 days late. I now only have one ovary though. I really want to be pregnant and feel as though I am. But who knows if it's only a mind thing making me think I am because I want it so badly.
I have taken 3 HPT and all were negative. In December I was a week late and then slowly started. We're pretty sure I had been prego and lost it. This time I don't want to lose it if I am so I've been taking prenatals (they can't hurt anyway) but I just have to wait it out to see.
I currently don't have insurance... so that doesn't help because I would really like to get a blood test done. Does anyone know how much they run so I can save up? I think I still owe the free clinic some money (sliding scale) so I can't go there til I can pay it. And they don't do blood tests anyway. I don't want to pay $20 for them to do the same test that I'm doing at home... suggestions...
My first pregnancy came while I was on the pill... And I haven't taken it for a long time... After giving birth they gave me like 3 depo shots to stop bleeding... Anyone feel free to write back
well well, this is all very informing. I;m 25 yrs old. I've been on orthr tri cyclen lo for about 3 months. I spotted while first taking the pill but it stopped. My period was expected May 11. While I'm suppose to be taking the placebo pills, but nothing came. i had a doctors appointment the following day my period was late. I already felt like it was not coming. May 12 I went in for a prenacy test and had some blood work done. The hcg ame back negative. and the blood work comes back May 19 tues. as of today May 16 I've taken two early detection pregnancy test (ept and first response) all negative. Could I be stressing because i'm confused on how i took my pills on time and never missed any and not see my period. If i got pregnant on birth control that would be krazy. I do think alot. If it matters i take fish oil pills and b12 vitamins sometimes. but i stopped because i heard these things can interfer with birth control absorption!

My symptons:
1) breast tenderness and sharp sensations through them
2) My uterus feels like its contracting. and i have mild cramp like feelings.
3) I feel a little quizzy in the morning but only once.

P.s. i cant wait for the blood tst results. I also have no history of ovarian syndrome, fibroids, tumors,thyroid, cyst or any surgeries.
I' eat a well balanced diet and everything.

ONLY THING I KNOW IS TRUE IS THAT I STRESS ALOT. TRYING TO CONTROL IT THOUGH.
hey everyone! I am desperate to find someone who can give me some advice. i had my last period around the first of april 09, so i took a test 2 weeks later negative result, 5 more the same way. i feel kinda tingly and pressure in my lower abdomen and always have to pee. i crave stuff i useually dont eat and my breasts are a size bigger, tender too. ive been nauseous and extremely tired as well. i have no insurance and i dont know what to do. Could i be preggy? please help me!!!!
i also forgot to add that i quit my BC in march and my AF came 2 weeks later, ive done this before and i was still regular. i dont know what to think, please wb asap!
This is a great post. I almost feel like I know some of you and can feel your pain. "angelgone" I am so sorry for your loss. It is devastating. Your name tells it all. I am praying for you. I am in the same boat obviously as most of you. Obviously, late (by 2 weeks), headaches, fatigue, nausea, cramping, the whole 9 yards. I am a mom of four amazing kids, with the oldest being 24. In July of 07 we had our only girl, who is a bright light in all of our worlds. After recovering from the shock of being pregnant at 42, we started to get pretty excited. What fun we are having with her. NOW. she is almost two and two years later....I am two weeks late. YIKES! Her pregnancy was a rough one on me, and my body is still not back to homeostasis. I had spinal issues, a rare pregnancy related liver disease, borderline gestational diabetes....it was rough. I am already going to be close to retirement age by the time Ri is out of school. I don't know what to think. The headaches are brutal. I have all the same symptoms as you all but have never been late, with 4 exceptions, and we named and raised or are raising them all. My previous tests were positive before the urine hit the strip. Now two weeks late, and three negative tests. The worst is the not knowing. At least if I knew I could accept whatever the outcome and move on. This is all-consuming. What I would like is if some of you could please post your outcomes. I would surely like to know how all of you have fared, whether you were pregnant or not. Best wishes to all....praying for you to have the babies you so desire. Thanks
How are you doing now? It seems you could definitely be pregnant. What you describe is indicative of pregnancy.
hello I am new to this site and i hope someone can help me. i am 2 weeks late and having some symptoms ( breast tenderness, frequent urination, and on and off nausea. i took one test a week after my missed period and another three days later and both were negative. then i got a blood test done two days ago and that way negative too! i have never been late before and i dont know what to do. Am i testing to early? i found out i was pregnant with my daughter when i was 6 weeks pregnant, so i would think it would have shown up already. Can someone please help me?
your not pregnant. your 2 weeks late and received a negative blood test (recently)
I have seached over every forum but can't find exactly my situation. I'm healthy, no stress, moderate excersize 4 days a week and a healthy weight. I've been on the same pill for 4 years and never missed a pill or been late to take one. I've always had my period every 28 days whether I was on the pill or not. I'm now 18 days late for my period. i'm wondering if women on the pill can be late and have their period while they are taking the active pills or if their periods just come the next time around if they skip a period. also if I've never skipped why now? no stress and healthy so there should be no reason. I've taken 2 pregnancy tests and both were negative. i also can't remember when my partner!) so I can't figure out when we might have conceived. I have no symptoms besides being very tired and crying at everything. I've just never been late ever! Should I expect my period soon? or will it only come during the inactive pills? or is it more likely I'm knocked up? I'm lost
its doubtful your "knocked up" only because you should have gotten a postive hpt now
I recommend everyone who has written on this forum to check out Natural Family Planning is shows you how to cross check your fertility with the Simpto-thermal method there is no chemicals and no side effects. I'm new to it and I'm trying to conceive and it is so helpful to see Exactly were I am in my cycle and know  Exactly when I am fertile and not fertile. You don't even need a Pregnancy test! when you record your signs your temp stays elevated and than you know your pregnant. if it drops again than your not. you don't have to have regular periods to use this method because it is specific to each woman. I have successfully gotten pregnant using this method and hopefully soon I can write again with a joyful announcement! Good luck and peace to all of you.
Similar situation for me. Really wondering what is going on!
I had a missed MC that ended in a D&C in March 09. After 5 weeks I got my period back and have been tracking using fertility indicators since then. I feel really confident I ovulated around June 9th. My last period was may 28th so am now over 2 weeks late. Have had some spotting but nothing that could be considered a period at all. Very light. Negative urine and negative blood tests as of last week. Not sure what is going on. This will be the 3rd time ever I have been late and the last time I was pregnant. Really really just want to know what is going on. :(
my best mate did about 10 pregnancy tests all positive, but at doctors they (2 urine tests) kept coming back nagative. the doctor said maybe hers were correct (better make/ more accurate) she had a miscarriage at 6 weeks pregnant (2 weeks after period was due) a blood test for pregnancy hormone did show she was pregnant.
i have always had irreg periods for about the last maybe 6 or more  mths  they have been reg until may 09  in may my period last for about 3 weeks then as soon as i though it was over i started bleeding light  like a light red bownish spots  very few and it lasted no more than a day  then it was gone all through the month of june 09 i was feeling  constent nausa i had vaginal discharge orderles and colorless my breast usually  does not start to hurt until a week or 2 before my period but this time it in the beg of the mth  and lasted all the way through to the end i have had more headaches than normal

my breasts hurt of and on one day left one day right i have noticed my bowel movements have changed i am more constipated i have been feeling more lazy  and out of it than before  some days i have been feeling very very warm even with the ac on i will just start sweating  i have cramps this whole mth sometimes i feel pressure on my pelvic area that was early in the mth. i did have a sharp lower  back pain in the beg  i woke up one day and noticed  weired marks on around my knees  more on my lower thigh  i am now  4 days into my  6th wk late i took a hpt 4 days ago and was neg i am going to wait a littler  bit longer before i test agin  also the sypmtoms i have  
now is just my breast hurt off and on not as much nausa like the last mth and some cramping  aslo in the last mth i had very itchy skin but it seemed to calmed down a lot this mth   i will keep you posted in the weeks to come to let you  all know my outcome hope its a baby. if its not i will not give up hope  and i hope you all will not give up to take care  GOD BLESS TO ALL
Reading these sure helps....I am about 14-15 days late ... my goodness it has been 12 years since I've been pregnant, i'm 36 .. divorced, have a boyfriend of 3 years, we desperately want a baby of our own.  I called my dr and spoke to a nurse today and I'm in tears, i feel as if that idiot had nothing decent or reassuring to add to my life.. they told me to wait to be seen if I missed 3 cycles ... what????? i'm like this chick is on CRACK!!!  I feel like I have symptoms, but now i'm reading and think they may all be in my head ... wanting to be pregnant and all ... I'm ok with not being pregnant, i have 2 wonderful kids already but man I would just like to know once and for all ... 2 tests turned out negative ... i'm having a rollercoaster of emotions, the uncertainty is killing me.... I don't want anything to be physically wrong with me either, so i'm a little concerned.  My last period was around  May 30/31st ... i even had yearly exam June 3 ... it's now July 14, and nothing.  I haven't been on b/c for over a year my cycle is pretty darn normal ... i havent lost or gained an excessive amount of weight ... haven't been anymore or less stressed than i have the rest of my adult life.... ugh!! Buying these pregnancy tests too is ridiculous ... i just want an answer and can't help myself to even wait, i'm impatient!
hi all,
i am pretty tensed about the entire situation. M 22 years old ,and my periods have delayed by 2 weeks, i dont think am pregnant coz we had used protection also, m not showing up any symptoms and also i have taken 2 home tests both have come out negative, well m going abroad for further studies next month that is after two weeks from nw , so its really important to figure out wats wrong with me? can anyone plz help me?
>>  the dates are as follows, my last periods were on 30th of may which continued for say a week tht is till 5th  of june then on Sixth this thing happened between me and my BF, it was my first ever time u know....m really tensed plzzzzzzzzzzzzz help me out ....
Thanks and Regards,
Genelia.
also i had taken an i-pill within 48 hours....m i tensed over nothing???

i would really be obliged if somebody helps me out....

Panicked,
genelia :(
In May I spotted for two days but it was only when I wiped. now July 16, not counting my period in may I am 8 weeks late. I have taking 4 HPt and they all came back neg. my bb r not sore but after i eat i feel sick i go to the bathroom all the time. thats the only symptoms i am having. so what do yall think i dont have ins. but if yall think i need to go i will go to the dr. please wright back
I've NEVER been late, NEVER. My period was due the 16th and it's now the 26th. I've taken 2 tests and 1 blood test and all 3 were negative. I have a 3 year old who gave me NO signs of pregnancy besides fatigue and halting my period. I was having a 'period' (no pun intended) of nausea about a week and a half ago, but now nothing. I AM tired all of the time and I'm breaking out like crazy.
With my son I broke out but not until I was four months pregnant.
I've been with my boyfriend for almost 2 months. I stopped taking BC right before we ended up together because I hadn't been sexually active in so long and honestly felt there was no reason to be on the pill. Then my boyfriend and I got together and I decided when I got my period I would start back on BC but was unable to as I was out of town when I got my period, so then I just decided 'next period'.... Yeah... My 'next period' still isn't here. I don't know what exactly I'm asking. Maybe I'm just venting.
Hi i was just reading about everyones post. and i was really captivated by your convo with chelzers. and I was wondering what did you mean by the "lil period starting pills"? i am a healthy 19 year old and i usually start my period on the 25 or 28th of a month. its the 31st of july and im late. so thats a span of 3-6 days late. i had unprotected sex the week of the 20th and im worried i may be pregnant. i looked up info about EC but i think i missed m window of opportunity.

any advice would be great...
why dont you take a pregnancy test?
OK the last day of my last period was June 18, 2009. I spotted one time yesterday which wasnt even enough to use a tampon. It was barely enought to change my panty liner. I have taken 5 HPT all of which were negitive. I went to my doctor on july 31, 2009 and he said to wait another week and if i still havent had a period to come back. I am also having some stomach cramping, breast tenderness with sharp pains in my nipples, and ALOT of irritability (so Im told). I havent taken a HPT in little over a week. Should I wait until the end of the week to take another one or should I go ahead and take it. The kicker here is that I have 2 kids. With my first pregnancy I was almost 13 weeks pregnant before a had a HPT come back postitive. And with my second I was about 9 or 10 weeks when I got a positive result. Im just lost and not quite sure what I should do. I do also have a histpry or cysts but my doctor hasnt even checked for those yet. Anyone have any ideas or anything. I just need some help or something.

<3 nicole
some help please??? I'm military on a ship. almost two weeks late for my period, but i can't check unless i go to medical. they'll tell my command before i have a chance to adjust. i tested negative at a week late, but i work with a girl who is at "the same stages" i would be and i'm having similar problems. my lower back is constantly aching, i'm starving all the time, i'm tired, but i force myself to stay awake. and i've been cramping this whole time with no blood. do i sound prego to anyone else? Help is appreciated because if i am, i need off a ship. it's not the healthiest enviorment for prego people.
I'm desperate for answers! i have an abnormal period (38) but this is ridiculous! and i was with my husband all of the days i could possibly have ovulated.
Hi!

First off, thank God for this site! It'scomforting to know I'm not the only one going through this! I too, have your same symptoms and am almost 2 weeks late! I've taken 3 HPT and they're all negative. I have a blood test scheduled for Monday but after reading all of these other stories, am afraid it will be negative too! My lower back has been aching, I'm bloated, getting cramps every evening at the same time, and my boobs are sore.Oh! And I cannot stop eating! I'm constantly starving.  My cousin isgoing through the SAME exact thing as us too and we're both convinced we're pregnant. So, I am just as confused as you are, my dear!
i know what you mean... i am a little scared because i'm in the military and on a ship. it's really hard work, i don't want to hurt my baby if i am, but i can't even be positive.... when i get back from sea i'll be at 55 days without a period or so. the longest i've ever been. so i'll take a couple more tests and go to the doctors. i asked my mom about it. she said she never realized with any of her kids until she was almost two months late. so hang with me!
I am 2 weeks late also I went to the dr. because I was having bad back pains and what felt like menstural cramps. He told me I had uti so I have been taking antibiotics for 3 days now some of the pain is going away. I have had uti's lots and lots of times before they never kept me from getting my period. I have taken 2 hpt both showed negative. with my youngest son I took a htp and it showed up positive and I was only 2 weeks pregnant so I know my hcg level is high when I first get pregnant I found out very soon with my 4 other children. Im starting to get a little worried I tried to get the dr to give me a blood test but he wouldnt the antibiotics that he has me on for the uti your not even suppose to take if your pregnant. I dont know what to do I dont know if im late because of the uti or if I am pregnant and the htp just isnt detecting it. If I am I need to be put on a different medication. Please help me.
okay so now i'm at day 51. i took a preg test and they are still negative. but the doctor wasn't convinced, so i go back in for blood work tomorrow. pray everything goes well... i've started to gain weight, and my nipples are starting to turn dark purple. i'm tired all the time, and my lower back hurts. smells make me nautious, especially four of the most common ship smells; coffee (which i normally love), hand sanitizer, hot sauce, and cigerets.
iam 2wks late had a little spotting i took two hpt when i was a wk late and both neg so i waited a wk b4 seeing my doc, i do have some syptoms (symptoms) like a dull lower back pain, it hurts wen i eat, i feel fluttering in my stomach, when i went to the doc she did a urine test came back neg but she wants me to wait a wk b4 i go for a blood test this is so annoying thinking about it everyday i just want to know, my doc also said to treat myself like iam preg just in case i am so now i gota play the waiting game but i know something is going on inside any suggestions anyone?
be patient. mine came back negative. apparently my body rejected being pregnant. which is why i had all the symptoms.
Hello all,

Need help please......I see that I am not alone out here, and that makes me feel a little better.  I am now 9 days late, I am never late, my period is right on time every 28 days. Took 2 tests this past weekend, both neg. Never been on BC pills, husband had vasectomy 10 years ago. I am having very painful cramping, like period wants to start, but nothing, I am also having very bad lower back pain, along with diarreah (diarrhea), and pain shooting down my left leg from abdominal area. I had a pap 14 days ago wondering if this can affect my period from coming? Please give me any advise you may have.
i am 29 days late still no piriod and i really dont have any symtoms (symptoms) that im pregnant, what should i do
Hello all,

Just thought I'll say "Count me in!!!!!"
I was convinced that I am the only one who was going through this, but knowing that there are so many in the same situation, I just dont know whether to be happy or to feel bad for all us..
Ok here is my story. We are trying for a baby now and I am 2 weeks late with my AF. I havent had any symptoms at all, except some mild cramping and occasional nausea (that too only when I travel in a train/bus) I took two HPT, one on 3rd day of missed period, and next a week later, both are negative. (Oh I forgot to mention that I have had a miscarriage 1.5 years ago in my 12th week, but that time I got positive with my HPT on the 3rd day itself!)

So I guess I should wait until it is fully 2 months and then visit my doctor.. Good luck to all ladies out there..
by the way it's been 75 days and my doc said it can be normal. just give it time. oh and i'm getting tested for polysystic ovaries syndrome.
OK. My last period was June 24-27. I have taken 3 home pregnancy tests and all negative and a quantitive blood test on 9/10 and it was negative. My nurse was talking to my Dr about maybe getting on the jump pill to start my period but I am praying and believing by faith I am pregnant so I don't want to start the pill. My husband and I have been trying since July. I have a rare skin disease called *Darier's* and I have been on Accutane for forever and had to be off of it for a month before even trying. I got off of birth control in May and off of Accutane in June. I am just very confused. I have some symptoms. My breast do not hurt at all but the area around my nipples have darkened slighty, I have been having cravings for sweets and I get queezy now and then and I can't stand the smell of oranges! Can I still be pregnant even when the results show negative? Should I schedule an ultrasound?
Thank you, Cinda McKee
I meant my last period was July 24-27, not June
Cinda-
I am in your same shoes.......well kinda.

My last period was July 22nd...by my caculations I am today, 3 weeks late. I am usually always on time so I am very concerned. I have taken 3 preg. tests...all neg. of course......i havent taken one in 5 days though so I am really curious and want to take another one. I had a miscarriage and am afraid that what if maybe i am or was prego and now will have complications because there sometimes is comlications with women who have had that. During my first pregnancy I got VERY sick while I was still pregnant, coulnt hold food down, got flu like symptoms...that wouldnt go away....ate ALOT.

If I were you I would def. go take a sonogram. June was a long time ago and with your symptoms and the negative tests......I wouldnt rule out being prego.

Anyone got any ideas what would be going on? should I go to the doc? everyone around me thinks its no big deal, I thought for sure last week I had some symptoms...but not so much this week.
Hello!

I am a mom of one child who went through a similar situation to what a lot of you have posted here. I tested negative through blood and urine tests until I was approximately three months pregnant. My child is now seven. I have had no more children, and had not been sexually active for years until the past few months (with a man I have been seeing monogamously).

Here is our history...We have been using condoms, and I had started birth control again after a several year absence, but had to discontinue using it when I did not have my period at the advice of my doctor until we find out if we are pregnant or not, which my boyfriend and I both felt was possible. I was on Ortho Evra, (the patch) which I had used years before with seemingly no side effects.  It has a very low dose of Estrogen. We have tried to play it safe by using a condom for the 'finale' if you will.  However, neither of us thought about precum...We knew the odds were very slim for that to conceive a child, but maybe should have thought about it a little harder.

Don't get me wrong, we would both be excited if we were having a baby. It is the not knowing that is killing us. He has the opportunity to take a job out of state through next summer, which for personal reasons on his part may be better for him. If we are pregnant he does not want to take that job and would rather be with me during the pregnancy and take another job that would pay less, and he would have to work more hours...He is very loving and supportive.

Once again after countless tests (mostly HPT, and two blood) I am testing negative about every three days. I have started taking the ovulation tests daily thinking if I test an LH surge that I cannot be pregnant, right? However, I am experiencing some but not all of the pregnancy symptoms I had before. Before I was very sick immediately which was why I was so determined to prove I was pregnant. This time I am not sick, though I feel off kilter a bit. I have started to get dizzy the past couple days and have had a couple days of nausea. I woke up last night throwing up... I have to pee all the time. I have quite a bit of pressure in my abdomen/pelvic region. And just recently it feels when we make love that my cervix is going to squeeze the life out of his manhood.
My hormones are going nuts. I want to be intimate a lot more than usual, and I am very tired all of a sudden. I could try to chalk it up to bad indigestion and depression, but I know that I would just be fooling myself... I have had ovarian cysts before which I thought was possible again, but I am not experiencing the pain and burning sensations. Just a stretching feeling with pressure...

I am just looking for some reassurance, I guess. Like a lot of women, we just plain feel better when we talk about it!! LOL!

Oh, and just in case I have been taking prenatal vitamins, and have taken precautions around anything that may harm a potential pregnancy.

Please let me know what your thoughts are. Good, bad, or ugly. I just need to talk about it so I don't feel so crazy! Thanks everyone!

lizprice21, if I were you just to be on the safe side I would go to the doctor. Better safe then sorry is my thought. Maybe you will be blessed and have an easy pregnancy this time if you are...Good luck!! Hope to hear how it goes!!! :)
My period is two weeks late and still no sign of it coming.   I've been testing every three days for the past 3 weeks and still getting negative results.  I have not yet taken a blood test.  I'm having some light cramping off and on and I also get minor headaches and backaches as well.  I never been pregnant before and really don't know what symptoms to expect.  Also I never had an irregular period.  I am so ready to get an answer why my period is so late or if I'm really pregnant..  Any suggestions!!!  Please help....
Hey everyone.  I'm about 2 weeks late on my period (not quite though) I was supposed to get it on September 25.  It's like clockwork, give or take a day.  My last period was on August 25. I haven't been on birth control since May 2009... and even after I quite my bc, my periods were always regular.  I've taken 4 pregnancy tests and all of them say negative, as well as one blood test, which was also negative.  My doctor told me I may be missing my period and getting other symptoms due to stress (of which I have absolutely none!). I've got a history of chronic daily migraine which has stopped since I stopped taking my birth control.  Now, however, I'm getting very mild, dull headaches daily.  I sometimes feel VERY sick to my stomach at night (though not every night) and at the beginning when I was supposed to get my period I would get extremely dizzy. I'm having heartburn almost every day/night, and I feel as though I could sleep an entire day away.  and I can't seem to stop myself from wanting to eat...everything. not just out of boredom, but out of real hunger.  Has this happened to anyone else? with the result not being pregnancy?? please let me know! Thank you!
I am two weeks late and I am relating it to stress. My husband just got diagnosed with testicular cancer and all is well. Cancer has been removed all no signs of it in his catscans in his lungs or abdomen. Thank god. Radiation may be involved which may render us infertile. I am hoping that I am pregos.. before we had a testicle removed.. Hey there is still one working. Pray for us.. and to all of ya'll that are pregos.. congrat.....
Im 2 weeks late, last period aug 22  ,  i took 2 prgnancy test (negative ), no symptoms at all. i dont know what to do !! should i wait 1 more week to go to the doc?
my wife had her period in the beginning of september like always, like 10-12 days later she she spotted for 3-4 days. she missed her period period in the beginning of this month when it was expected, and now, about 18 days after her expected period, she has her period. she has taken like 5 pregnancy tests since her expected period that she missed and all came up negative except for the last one she took which didnt show anything.  her sister who is pregnant and is due at the beginning of next month failed all pregnancy tests until she was a month and a half along. any ideas on what i should be thinking, because i have no idea.
also i forgot to mention that my wifes mother and sister both had their periods while they were pregnant.
Hey Brema,
I am going thru the same thing. My last period was August 25th, and I havent started-- do the math! GRR. I have taken 9 HPT with all neg results. I am getting upset. We have been trying to get preggo for some time now. I go in the morning to get a Blood Test! I will not get results until Monday at least, but OMG its so stressful!
This is a great post
its brilliant to read about similar situation to mine. My last period was sept 15th so im almost 2 weeks late.  I have done 4 tests all negative. Is my stress about it not coming causing it to be late. im exhausted.  How long should i wait before going to the doctors
My husband and I are trying to conceive for our last child. We have 2 boys already one is 4 and one is 14 months. My LMP was Sept. 13.........I am 2 weeks late. I have to use the bathroom constantly which is not like me I am the type of person that no matter how much I drink I pee like 3 times a day. My boobs are getting bigger, I have lost 5 lbs unintentionally, I am moody and am craving milk..... When I was preg with my sons I drank at least a gallon a day. I have had count em 9 hpts 2 positive and 7 neg. and one urine test at gyno which was neg. I am so confused and dont know what all of this means....... I feel like I did when I was preg with my other kids just with out the constant morning sickness.

Anyone have any ideas???????
I also forgot to mention I am exhausted......... No matter how much sleep I get I am tired I cannot seem to shake it. I am not chalking any of it up to stress because I am as unstressed as I have ever been in my life...................
Im also 2 weeks late with numerous negative tests. I think we should relax, if i dont get my period in November then it is time to worry. Although in saying that im going to the doctors for a test as soon as i can get an appointment.  We are thinking far too much. give it a few more weeks then take another test.
I had another positve test yesterday morning and I called the docs office and I am going there today for a urine test. If it is negative they are going to look deeper into seeing if I am preg or not. Fingers crossed that I am.......... I will update this afternoon.
Thank goodness that there are forums like this to get information and to tell our story. This has helped me so much!
I went off Nordett on Sept 25 one week b/f the last active pill week to TTC.  Had a period 4 days later and nothing since.  Took OPK when I thought I should be Ovulating and I thought the test were + I had some spotting that week (Oct. 5-9) twinges on one side, everything I was reading was sounding like ovulation pain.  Should have gotten AF around 10/21 and nothing I know it's only 8+ days late w/ 3 - HPT.
Around the 21-22 was extreamly nausous, thought it was AF eventhough never had those symptpoms 10/23 in the pm felt fine.  Haven't had any spotting, cramping ect.. Been extreamly tired last week and now getting better.  Took HPT yesterday -.  Husband says should wait until longer could be hormones still adjusting, could be preg.  I just want to know then reading some of your post saying it has take 12wks + to show + yikes.  
Forgot to mention I have been on BC for 10 yrs. ranging from the pill to depo back to the pill.  have been on nordett for 2 years.  Always had AF even when transitioned from depo to pill.
Any advice?????
What happened at the doctors? Are you pregnant? I have been reading loads of blogs but noone ever says if they were pregnant they just stop updating. Im almost 3 weeks late now. I need to know i have booked a holiday to Floriday next year and need to know if i can go.  What should i do?
hi,

My periods are delayed by more than 5 weeks now, i did a blood test and scan two weeks back, both were negative. past two days am getting white discharge and my nipples have become tender. are these signs of pregnancy? am worried and will be glad if am pregnant.

any suggestions?
im 10 days late now too on my period, i had done twice HPT but hot negative results, i dont feel any symptoms of being pregnant aside from pain in my pelvic both sides and back pain as well as little headache,. Im a bit confused now if im pregnant or not, does anyone experience the same situation like me? or should i wait a week more if i still dont have my period to do HPT again?
Well they did not do the blood test because I had started spotting at 18 days late and my bleeding was very light for 3 days and would come and go. I am still having some pregnancy symptoms and my stomach is starting to get firm and feel tight. So I am just as confused as ever. I will update as I find things out!
hi,

got my periods last week, which also confirms that am not pregnant :( will try again!
im 14 days late of my period. ive taken a lot of HPT maybe ten? all negative... i have an app to get a blood test done soon. i have a cramp on my right side, boobs very tender, the bumps sometimes get bigger, not changing to much color tho... i feel nauseated but not throwing up. i been craving milk more then normal. i am extremely moody and emotional, i have been bloated, i feel like im 6mo already. any ideas whats going on?
Ok so they didnt do a blood test as i already said in my last post.....It is now 3 days b4 thanksgiving and I had a blood test today. Last period was September 13th 2009. I am still having positive hpts still faint lines though...I get blood test results tomorrow. HPTs have been different brands from different stores so its not like they were all the same ones from the same lot that could be bad or whatever...I will update tomorrow.
OK so my doc called me this morning and I AM PREGNANT!!!!! Odd thing is that I have been having positive tests for 1 1/2 months but they say that my hcg levels show an early pregnancy 7-10 days post conception......STILL HAPPY!!!! HOPING FOR MY GIRL!!!!! So time to start preparing for baby #3.
Hi All - firstly congrats to MommaKat09 - i am so chuffed for you!!!  

I am 2 1/2 weeks late for my peroid, and like many have done 4 HPT all negetaive, the first two i think i possibly did a little early as my peroid was due 7th November and i tested on 4th and then 7th (but it was with the HPT that are supposed to test up to 4 days before your peroid is due!) then i did another one on 11th and again on 12th Nov but all negetive again!  i spoke to my doctor on the phone and he said if i missed my second one then to come in for a blood test, but he said these days the HPT's are really good, and he also said that i could still ovulate without my peroid!

i think from reading this a lot you ladies are based in america, i am in england uk.  i really really want to be pregnant so much, but as its only our first two months of trying am i hoping for too much?!!

or do you think i should get another test and try again?

last week i had really sore breasts, and the last couple of weeks have felt sick, had headaches and felt really hot all the time! other than that i feel fine, so maybe i am not pregnant? am so confused!!

any advice would be gratefully received.

Take Care
Em xx
I am a good news story. My last period was 15th September i went to doctor at the end of October after 9 negative HPT's. The doctor did a blood test which came back negative. I then missed November's period and did 5 HPT's all positive plus the doctor has confirmed that i am pregnant infact according to her i am actually 11 weeks pregnant. So Yes negative tests can still mean you are pregnant.

Keep your chin up ladies you all might be pregnant.

Im so happy.
Congratulations to you. I was in the same boat as you with negative tests in October and positive in November. Doctor just confirmed i am pregnant. So happy!!!
Congrats ladies....My doc is doing blood tests every 2 days to watch my hcg levels in case they show I am 10 weeks and not 4...Right now they are going with 4 weeks and being due on my sons 2nd birthday August 5th 2010. Keep your heads up and trust your bodies and your insticts docs and hpts are not always right it depends on you... Good luck to everyone.
Hi!! So my last period was Oct 22nd...my husband and I are doing a long distance relationship so I know exactly when we got it on lol, first was Oct 28th, second time was Nov 14th....I should have gotten my period sometime between Nov 16th to the 20th-ish but it's now Nov 29th and no period!
I have been getting a few symptoms of pregnancy, being extremely unreasonably tired, moodier then usual, bloating, dizziness, and lower back pain. The past two days as well I've been getting very very mild cramping in my sides, and I don't normally get cramping when my period is due.
Now the other thing is I was on birthcontrol for 2 years, but stopped about a week before I started my period last (Oct 22) so I could be late due to stopping the pill, but I stopped for a month once before and my period came only a few days late, not two weeks late...
Oh also another thing, I am only 20 and tall and slim, so dunno if that has anything to do with producing enough or lack of hcg to test.

I took a hpt today (Nov 29) but it came back negative, I'm going to wait a week and take it again. I'm also in a small town I just moved too and in a new province so I don't have coverage nor know of any doctors. In two more weeks though I'll be in a bigger city with a woman's clinic so maybe I"ll check in there if nothing because that would be when I'd be missing my second period...
Any advice??
I was there. Me and my fiancee tried to have a baby since March. So about 6 months or so. Im only about 20 years old.(in a few days) lol. But it was def. a planned pregnancy. or so I thought till it came down to me being about 4 days late. I didnt know what to expect because my periods have never been on time. Due to the fact that ive been on and off so many different birth controls since i was 13.(trying to be protected) So on about the 4th day of my missed period, my mother was coming over so i asked her to pick me up a test. And I have been off birth control for 2 and a half years. (due to no insurance) lol. so i figured hey it hasnt happened yet. why now? u know. but Like all of the above woman I had period like cramps for a couple days, so I didnt think nothing of it. But I just decided to take a test to be on the safe side. Cause the earlier u find out the better. My mom showed up with a pack of 2 tests. lol. i took the first one and it saids it takes 2 minutes. but im telling u I didnt even have time to set it down before it was clear that it was positve. I ended up taking 2 more just to make sure and they were all positive. i was exactly 4 weeks pregnant at the time of when I found out. But you gotta remember there are no false positives only false negatives. so like I said if u have the feeling that u are but they keep showing up negative then look more into it. because the sooner the healthier. I went to my first doctors appointment at 11 weeks. It was so amazing to see that little peanut. Then I got to hear the heartbeat at 15 weeks. That was heart warming. I am not 17 weeks pregnant today and in three weeks I get to find out the sex of my baby. I really have this huge gut feeling its a girl, but of course my man wants alil boy. Either way Im so excited and cant wait to be a mother. Good luck to all u guys!!!
HA THATS SUPPOSED TO SAY I AM 17 WEEKS TODAY.
Its amazing to see the post have been on-going since 2005.  It makes me feel better about the situation I am in and to know that others are there as well.  Last period start Oct. 26 so I am almost 9 days late.  Ive always alway been regular. no added stress, in physically fit condition with healthy eating habits, not on birth control, so basically no obvious reason to be late.  I have had 2 kids and both times the hpt showed faint but visible lines with them.  I have taken 5 hpt all negative within the last week.  What I really wanna know is the outcomes for hte women who have posted.  I know i will end up having to wait as it seems the common factor in each story but i am curios to know how many who thought they were prego actually were.  As for me, I am hoping for a negative but I suppose what will be, will be.  I'll keep you all updated.  Hopefully I am not in for another 50 lb gain! Yikes!
Both of my tubes are blocked which means that normal pregnancy is impossible and if I were to get pregnant it would be an ectopic pregnancy (Tubal Pregnancy) that would have to be aborted immediately. I am now two weeks late and I'm always regular so I went to the doctor's today because I've always been told to take immediate action but my new doctor just did a urine test on me and said nope you’re not pregnant and wrote me a prescription to make my menstrual start even after I explained to him some of my symptom's especially the sharp pain in my left shoulder and the blocked tubes.

It just makes me upset to see how doctors do not take the time to listen and analyze our true concerns.

We are suppose to start our ivf process this month so I hope that this is not an ectopic pregnancy because I will then have to wait another two months to start my ivf.  I will wait one more week and then I will go to another doctor and have blood work done.

Good Luck Everyone,
I've always had regular periods for years. I have a 4 year old daughter who I confirmed I was pregnant with 4 days after I was late with a HPT. The second baby I confirmed I was pregnant a week after being late with a HPT, then I had a miscarriage 3 weeks later. Fast forward three years.

Now, I had a normal period Sept 2, then October 4 light spotting for a couple of days. Then October 22 a regular period. Then November 11 light spotting for a two days. Here it is December 6 and no period. I have all the symptoms that I had with my last two pregnancies: extreme tiredness, acne galore, yeast infection and UTI ( which I had in both of my last pregnancies), extreme back pain, sore breast. I've taken 3 HPT all a week apart, all negative.  My doctor won't schedule for a blood test until your at least 5 weeks late for your period or a positive HPT. The suspense is killing me.  I feel better knowing that other people have gone through the same thing. Even my mom said with both me and my brother she didnt find out she was pregant until about 3 months into the pregnancy.
I am 6 days late. I have a normal 28 to 29 day cycle. We had unprotected sex and therefore pregnancy is possible. I had extreme mid-cycle cramping this past month. This was very unusual. Both of my previous pregnancies were confirmed after only a few days of a late period. Both were boys. I have taken several HPT's and all neg. My Doctor's office this am indicated to wait until at least 2 wks late b4 being seen. I had cramping on the day my period was due and for sure thought I was starting. Since then nothing. I am extremely tired and moody. Not sure what is going on. It seems like there are a lot of woman who experience a delay period and it could NOT be pregnancy. I was dignosed w/PCOS a few years ago and was provided Provera after my period did not show for 45 days. I am very confused this time around for I know I ovulated this cycle (lots of CM). I will keep you all posted.
Jaysmama
I have read through most of these and im now bit freeked out.I came off my pill about 4 weeks ago but missed it a few times in the last month also. Me and my bf had had quite a lot of unprotected sex. Today is three weeks since i was due to start but nothing has happened. when i was a week late i took a test and it was negative so i just presumed i wasnt pregnant and got over it. i thought that i was just getting stressed about thinking i was pregnant and that was delaying my period but after the test result i completely forgot about it and put it to the back of my mind. At the moment im stress free. However nothing is happening at all.i'm a bit worried now i keep getting cramps in my abdomen and feel like ive put a bit of weight on. I dont know whether i could be pregnant or if its something worse. Any advise would be grateful.
My last period ended on Nov 7th, and it's usually 29-30 days cycle. I'm almost two weeks late and it's freaking me out. I get minor cramps and it feels like it's coming back it's not. I'm scared. I took the test and it's negative. Should I make an apt to see my doc? I really don't know what to do and it's stressing me out. =(
To begin my period isn't regular AT ALL. It can come one month and completely skip the next. Or it will come a couple of wks after I expect it. I can never be sure, so I always wait. I've had experiences where I thought I was pg but nothing. I had my last menstrual the week of Thanksgiving. I know it's wayyyyy to early to know but I have very telltale symptoms. I had sex 2 days after my cycle then again a week later. But the Monday after my period my nipples began to feel extremely sensitive. I usually have sensitive nipples a wk or 2 before my cycle NEVER after. It's going on 2 wks and they are still sensitive, my breasts seems to be getting fuller and increasingly becoming sensitive to the touch. My appetite has increased, I'm eating large meals and still feel hungry. I've been having mild cramps off and on in my abdomen and lower back. I feel bloated and gassy and seem to be urinating every time I drink something. Now I don't know if my hormones is acting up or if I'm pregnant. Can I have those symptoms even without missing a period? And I'm scared to take a test bc it's too early n the possibilities of... Can someone please advice me on what I should do. I'm quietly going crazy.
I am two months late and I've been having a lot of the symptoms of being pregnant, but I haven't brought myself to actually take a test. My breasts have been sore, and I swear that they've gotten bigger. My husband thinks so too, and he noticed that I've been gaining more weight in my lower stomach. I'm nausous on and off through out the day and I've been starting to get more frequent headaches. My lower back is killing me all the time and I get dizzy spells. I took a pregnancy test about a month ago, when I was only a week late, but it was negative. I'm so exhausted all the time, but when i actually try to go to sleep, I can't go to sleep right away. I seem to by hungry all the time. And the weird thing is that I have been noticing that there are a lot more things on tv or people talking about babies. I have a friend that said that all she heard about was babies and then she found out she was pregnant. Anyone have any advice??
Same situation as everyone else.
Was kind of on BC for month of Nov, but not really, I would take two pills after sex. The hormones just messed up my body so much I avoided them. I know not good....
My last period was Oct 29th with a full set of regular bc pills taken correctly. The month of November I had an appt with doc to get IUD, they did pap and wanted me to come back when I got my period to have IUD inserted. Periods are never regular but always within a 32 day cycle of the beginning of my last period.
So period is now 45 days late since the beginning of last period. I was due on about Dec 2nd or 3rd I thought, My daughters 13th birthday :)
I've taken about 10 tests all negative, went to doctors on thursday this past week and took urine test negative, requested blood work. Results negative.
I have sore breasts which would be my only symptom. But normally my breasts are sore 2 weeks out of the month before my period anyways.
SO not sure if my body is messed up because of BC or if i'm not showing i'm preg because it's too soon. Last time of unprotected sex was nov 29th with no BC pills taken after because of expectation of period coming.
What does everyone make of this?
I don't feel pregnant, with my only other child and pregnancy I just knew with her, the first couple of tests showed negative but I kept taking them and finally after about a month they showed positive. I had no symptoms with her that I can remember either. I just knew that I was.
This time I think I may be, but I don't have that knowing feeling either.

hi every one - im having much the same problem as everybody else. I am 18 years old - i have been with my boyfriend for 5 monthes - i came off the contraceptive pill about 3 monthes ago - which i have been on for about 4 years. When i first came off the pill i was having regular periods every month, Untill this month- my last period finished around the 4th of november and its now 18th december and i haven't seen another yet. I am beginning to get worried as me and my boyfriend had unprotected sex throughout this month and i think i could be pregnant. I did a test a week ago and it came back negative- this put my mind at ease to start with and its now another week on and i have still not seen a period. I have not been to the doctors yet - does any one recommend this? I am just desperate to know if im pregnant or not. will some body give me some advice as to what to do next please.

sammy x
I am going through same problem as everyone.. I really want to know the outcome.
Madbumblebee: did you find out yet?
You all have no idea how reassuring it is to read about similar situations to my own! This site has given me hope on the face of several negative hpt's that I might still in fact be pregnant. My husband wants me to schedule a blood test this week because he is as anxious as I am to find out if we are pregnant. I am 14 days late tomorrow and would like to wait another two weeks before I get a blood test because it would crush what little hope I have from your posts if it were to come up negative. I have the rh- factor though and my husband is A+ so I need to know as soon as possible because I will need the rhogam shot. Anyway.... thank you all for giving hope to those of us who are struggling. I have shared your ups and downs and pray that you will all have the outcome you wish for.
About me...
I am 40
5 daughters
2 misscarriages(sp)
ttc 6 mos
regular periods since I turned 12 (5 days long and monsterously painful)
the only periods I have ever missed meant I was pregnant

I know all of the things that can cause my period to be late and I have never been affected by any of them....although I wouldn't have minded missing a few during the more stressful times of my life:)
I will try to update when I find out the test results....

Thanks again and God bless you all
just went to the bathroom and had some pink discharge. I'm sure I will know by tonight if it's my period. Oh well..... back to the drawing board I guess...
No period but lots of cramping. My doctor ordered a blood test for me so I go tomorrow. I am wondering if I spotted from implantation or from carrying a 38 pound bucket of cat litter. Who knows......I really dislike waiting to find out and REALLY dislike the negative hpt's. No more blood other than that little bit so my fingers are still crossed.
Im keeping fingers crossed for you all! I am also 1-4 days late as of today.  Ive never been late before, but also have never paid such close attention to my body!  Ive had so many symptoms of pregnancy that I was really surprised when the HPT's keep coming back Neg :(  Im trying not to get excited or dissapointed in reading all of these posts, and really should just put the computer down and wait it out!  Im worried that it will not be a viable pregnancy and that it will miscarry.  A friend of mine just miscarried at 9 weeks pregnant.  I wish my body would just tell me if there was a little baby in there or not...its really killing me, just the waiting and wondering if im crazy for all these symptoms I have...Ive been cramping for 6 days now but no blood whatsoever...not even spotting.  While Ive been peeing in a cup to test, ive noticed lots of white floaty things in my urine..Im wondering if its some kind of urinary infection...my breasts have also been really sore for awhile now, but its not really hurting today all of a sudden...Ugh I dont know any advice or support would be nice right now...really tired of hearing to stop worrying about it, I know I should and I know by worrying Im probably only prolonging my period... Thanks for listnening! :)
I ended up not going today to get the blood test done. My husbad has an apt. tomorrow for an ear infection so I will go with him then. No more spots and I've been in bed pretty much all day because I am sooooo tired.

This is a good place to vent because I have no one else I can talk to about this. I don't like talking about my fears to my husband because he really wants a baby as much as I do and I can't stand to see his anguish. This is the longest I have ever tried to get pregnant and if this is really just my mind playing tricks on my body I don't know how I'll handle that. Good grief!
Started my period today...Let this be a lesson to anyone reading these posts...Your body can do strange things, so dont worry about it too much because I had all the classic pregnancy signs, my breasts even had some popped blood vessels, so I wonder if they did grow...well, no luck this month...
I'm sorry you didn't get the outcome that you wanted. I feel for you! I'm sixteen days late today and have pretty much put it out of my mind because I am feeling like if I dwell on the issue I'll have an anxiety attack. People who say to relax and try not to think about it are trying to convince themselves that they are able to deal with whatever the outcome is. It's not personnal it's a coping mechanism they are using. I hope things go well for you this month.

I had my blood test today.... I think with the holiday I will probably have to wait until next week for the results. Oh well.... Lot's to do between now and then. Winter break is almost over and it's time to get back into school mode for the kids.

Take care all....
My blood test was negative. I think I will have a nervous breakdown before this is all over... Still no period and 17 days late.
I know how you feel about the anxiety attacks!  Ive never been pregnant before, but I think its reallly strange that I have never had any problems with cramps or anything before my period was supposed to start...Ever since we have been trying to conceive, I have had so many aches and pains down there and have already gone to get an ultrasound done in September, they thought I may have cysts, but all the test came back fine, now this stuff this month...Im going to try and just forget about trying, thats about all I think I can handle right now.  The problem is I dont enjoy sex very much and so I have been trying to center the sex right around what I thought was ovulation, but now Im thinking I may be completely wrong about what I know and dont know....Ive tried posting questions about which ovulation monitors would be good to use, but no one has offered any advice....uhhh I dont know what to do!  Be sure to let me know what turns out with your problem! :)
So I posted in here before wondering when I had a negative hpt and was 40 days late! Well I got my period and my cycle continued....now I'm at day 30 of my cycle and I decided to go for it and just test right away and I got a super super faint positive but a positive none-the-less! I'm going to wait 3 more days and then test again to be sure, and if it is a positive doctor here I come!!
Goodluck everyone, I know how hard it can be waiting but one day it'll pay off!
I took a second test today and it's a definite BFP!
Good for you!!!!! Congratulations!! by the way what does BFP stand for? I know what it mwans just not what it stands for haha
19 days late and I stopped taking pregnancy tests because they are now just making me worry! If I'm not pregnant what else could be wrong with me. I guess I can't say that I'm never late because there is a first time for everything and this time could be the first time I miss a period when I'm not pregnant. Anyway.... Pappa and I are still ttc on my normal ovulation cycle because we are hoping that it is still the same. I know people probably think I'm ungrateful for the 6 kids that I already have (including my stepson) I'm really not. When you want a child and cannot conceive it is terrible no matter how many children you already have. My heart aches for all of us whose hopes and dreams rest on the small pink line that seems illusive!! I won't keep writing here everyday because it makes me too emotional, though I will update every few days or so. Good luck to you all.
It means big fat positive :) I'm still trying to learn all the lingo too haha, it's super complicated at times but now i got a good reason too! lol
I started spotting real light today and cramping. I have an overall yuck feeling and it's probably because my period is about to start. Will keep you updated. This is day 20 of no real period
Viewing 1-200 comments: