UGH Periods!!!
Im 37 and my periods have always been like clock work, I could tell you when next yr I would start and be right on the nose and they were always 5 days long. Now the last yr or two they come sometimes every two weeks last 1 to 3 days, sometimes its just spotting, sometimes they are so heavy I feel I need to strap a bucket on, or it starts, stops then will start again within a day or 2, sometimes I have no cramps then the next month I can have them so bad I cant get out of bed, I have had my annual paps, the Dr tells me there is nothing to worry about but I feel like I need to worry especially since I seem to have abdominal cramping all the time now. I dont know what to do, I love my Dr, she is a family physician, should I just maybe go see a OB/GYN, or just take my Drs word for it?
Sounds like you're heading toward menopause. The first signs are irregular periods, and cramping is also another big one that can happen in that time frame. This generally starts in your mid to late 30's and can last upwards of 10 years. Tell your doctor you want a hormonal panel done and talk to them about all your symptoms. If your doctor won't listen, never hesitate to speak to another.