UTI Again

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

UTI Again

On aug 2oth i was told by dr i had a uti she put me on macrobid....i took it several days later i went to another dr to have my blood hormones done she checked my urine and said it was clear,switched me from menest to estrotest,the next 2 weeks i had to go back to her for blood level tests was still having what i thought was a uti,she checked said urine was clear other than the protein was high and the ph was high,she did a vaginal check on me and said i had a BV and a yeast infection and gave me clecion and the yeast pill...........no help still burning in vagining and while peeing called her office several times they said stay on the cleocin and use yeast cremes,this morning i did a at home test strip for uti and the top part of it was postive so im taking the pills that turn pee orange till i can call her tommorow,,my question is why would i keep getting so many uti,this is all new for me i have never had a bv or yeast infection,im 50 yhears old been with the same guy for 3 years any thoughts