UTI plus vaginal symptoms, anyone know how to treat??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Hi. I went to gyno w/ symptoms of vaginal burning and odor plus urinary urgency. They said it was bacterial vaginosis,gave me a 1 time prescription cream dosage. I felt better almost immediately but 3 days later the urinary part returned with a vengence, I couldnt even sleep it was so bad, just a burning and having to pee but only drops coming out. So I called and doc prescribed a 7 day antibiotic Macrobid for a UTI. I am on day 3 of that .I feel a lot better with the uti part but NOW the vaginal symptoms are there with a constant tingling that is very annoying. Has anyone dealt w/ this,what is it,do I need to be retreated for the BV ,can you have both at same time? I am confused.
you can have both at the same time.  I was recently treated for BV with the one time creme, and they said it was possible to have a UTI also, so they sent it off to do a culture, which mine came back neg.  But just call your dr again and he will probably just prescribe the pill to you again.
antibiotics commonly DO bring on a yeast infection. If you call into the doctor, they should prescribe you a pill (diflucan) or something else that you can take that will give you relief. I had this same thing happen to me and then I got a bladder infection and they gave me the antibiotics which gave me a HORRIBLE yeast infection. One little pill and it was all gone the next day!! Now I have some problem and it feels like this on occasion. Just call the doctor and ask them explain what is going on and ask them for method of treatment. And- if you keep having problems, you should see a specialist. Sometimes, women can develope what I have and if you eat,drink, or use anything with the wrong ingredients, acid, you will have these symtoms (symptoms). Good luck
I have a uti now. Doc gave me antibiotics, analgesic drops for the pain and urological tea to have with a pinch of bi-carbonate soda. I eat a lot of natural yoghurt, drink cranberry juice and drink a lot of water. It is good to shower instead of bath. If a bath add some bi-carb it fixes the ph level. The yoghurt helps the yeast infect from anti-biotics.