UTI plus vaginal symptoms, anyone know how to treat??

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Hi. I went to gyno w/ symptoms of vaginal burning and odor plus urinary urgency. They said it was bacterial vaginosis,gave me a 1 time prescription cream dosage. I felt better almost immediately but 3 days later the urinary part returned with a vengence, I couldnt even sleep it was so bad, just a burning and having to pee but only drops coming out. So I called and doc prescribed a 7 day antibiotic Macrobid for a UTI. I am on day 3 of that .I feel a lot better with the uti part but NOW the vaginal symptoms are there with a constant tingling that is very annoying. Has anyone dealt w/ this,what is it,do I need to be retreated for the BV ,can you have both at same time? I am confused.
Avatar n tn
you can have both at the same time.  I was recently treated for BV with the one time creme, and they said it was possible to have a UTI also, so they sent it off to do a culture, which mine came back neg.  But just call your dr again and he will probably just prescribe the pill to you again.
Avatar n tn
antibiotics commonly DO bring on a yeast infection. If you call into the doctor, they should prescribe you a pill (diflucan) or something else that you can take that will give you relief. I had this same thing happen to me and then I got a bladder infection and they gave me the antibiotics which gave me a HORRIBLE yeast infection. One little pill and it was all gone the next day!! Now I have some problem and it feels like this on occasion. Just call the doctor and ask them explain what is going on and ask them for method of treatment. And- if you keep having problems, you should see a specialist. Sometimes, women can develope what I have and if you eat,drink, or use anything with the wrong ingredients, acid, you will have these symtoms (symptoms). Good luck
Avatar n tn
I have a uti now. Doc gave me antibiotics, analgesic drops for the pain and urological tea to have with a pinch of bi-carbonate soda. I eat a lot of natural yoghurt, drink cranberry juice and drink a lot of water. It is good to shower instead of bath. If a bath add some bi-carb it fixes the ph level. The yoghurt helps the yeast infect from anti-biotics.
KTowne, and Des_a_rae commented on KTowne's status
Avatar n tn
WCindy commented on My Surgery... Sternoc...
krichar commented on photo
Aug 23
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals