Ultrsound results: Enlarged uterus and thickened endometrium
I am 31 years old. I am very healthy and no major health issues. I have 2 children ages 18 mos. and 4 y.o. (both by c-section). I recently had my annual exam and informed the physician of my very heavy periods for first 3 days then normal for last 4-5 days, menstrual type cramps (even when I'm not on my period), nausea, and my lower abdomen looks and feels as if I'm 12-15 weeks pregnant. I was sent for a transvaginal ultrasound. The results came back that I have a slightly enlarged uterus and thickening of the endometrial lining which is 1cm (or 10mm), and there was also fluid detected in my uterus (not sure if it's in the lining or just the uterus). There were no cysts or tumors detected. I am waiting for the phsician to call me back but it probably won't be until next week. I spoke with his PA, she was the one who gave me the results but stated that she needed to talk with the physician before deciding what to do next. She said that they would probably do a biopsy. What could these symptoms mean? I been researching on the internet but wanted expert advice or someone who has went through similar circumstances. Thanks!