Unable to insert anything into vagina
Hello everyone. I have been worrying about this since I had my first period, and I still haven't found a solution. I am 20 yrs old, a virgin, and can't insert anything into my vagina. I know where it is, I'm aware of my anatomy and have had plenty of sex ed, so I'm not just clueless. My periods are very regular, usually last about 6 days. I am not on birth control. I have never been to a gynecologist.

When I have my period I use maxi pads, not tampons. I have tried inserting tampons many different times, and even with motherly/friend guidance, I just can't do it. Even the really small ones. I can get it about an inch into me, then I can't push it in any further.

I have tried relaxing, sitting, standing, propping one leg up. I have tried putting the tampon in at different angles, and wiggling it when it got stuck. I have tried first inserting a finger to loosen myself up. I have also tried inserting a finger when I was aroused, and very lubricated. I have a lot of natural lubricant when I'm aroused, so there's no unusual dryness. When the tampon gets "Stuck" about an inch in, I try to push it in further, but the fear of pain has stopped me from just ramming it in there.

I can't keep ignoring this. Being only able to use maxi pads is an inconvenience, not to mention getting more sexual with a partner. I haven't let him put a finger into me yet, mainly because I haven't been able to yet myself and I don't know what would happen. I'm afraid that I have a medical issue and will cause myself pain if I try to force something in. I know there are disorders that could cause this... I am able to hold my pee for a very long time, which I'veh eard has something to do with your muscles down there, so do I just have really strong pelvic muscles that would be causing this? My mother has also told me that she's never been able to use tampons, so is it just a genetic thing? I really need a solution to this, because I feel like a freak and I'm tired of worrying about it. :( Thanks everyone. Let me know if you need more information.
Have you ever felt any discomfort around your clitoral region? Like little pins or pokey like pains where inner labia and clit meets? Because I am not able to fit a tampon in either ( I fit your descriptions too, virgin 2yrs old)and I am also mainly experiencing minor pinching and aching during ovulation and menstruation cycles.
I've been trying ti get any response to my problem too. -Paige679
I haven't experienced anything like that to the extent that I'd think it was out of the ordinary. Besides regular cramping, I don't really have any pain during menstruation. Sometimes I do have some discomfort in the clitoral area, but I just chalked that up to sensitivity, and it was not during menstruation. Have you ever been to a doctor about your problem? No one I know has any problem like this, they just say "just put it in there" :(
yes I have, They just told me Im sensitive to the soap i was using, not the hypohelgenic, and clothing bothering me like tight clotheing. But I think it's something more than that now, because I had switched my soap and Im still feeling yukky. During ovulation I usually feel sensitivity and i guess some more sensations than you do :P Thx though for ur reply.
I was told though not to worry about putting a tampon in, when you finally decide to have sex, your boy can help make the whole easier. and then you;ll be able to put it in. There are many adults who still wear pads like I do. You are not weird. I just wish I hadn't been feeling the way I do. You're "problem" is easy fix.. I don't know what the hell to think what this is what ever is going on :(