Unbearable cramping on first day of period

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I wanted to ask if anyone has had similar experiences...or would know what this might be.

Two weeks ago my boyfriend ejaculated in his sleep. I do not know if any got on me, I didn't think so, but I took plan B just to be safe. This was two weeks ago. Today I got my period, and this morning I was fine, with mild cramping, but as the day went on, it got worse and worse, so I took three ibuprofen and decided to take off work to go home.

As I was driving home, the cramps became severe, my vision began to blur, and I started to feel faint so I immediately pulled over. I started sweating profusely, and it felt like the area right above my pubic bone, and my vagina, were burning. I was literally writhing in pain; this was the worst pain I've ever felt in my life. Then my hands started to turn white and go numb, and I looked in the mirror and my face and lips became very pale.

The cramps/ burning would come in waves. At first it would be just a few seconds of dull pain in the middle of unbearable pain, but after sitting there for about 30 minutes, it finally started to subside to just a dull ache. It has not returned as of yet, and this happened about 2pm today. I can't decide if I should go in to the doctor tomorrow to get checked out just in case it is something serious, or just assume it is the plan B.

Background info, 24, female, not sexually active, not on birth control and never have been. My periods are normally not that bad, with mild cramping on the first day only, although there are very rare periods when I get very bad waves of cramps, but nowhere near like today.

Anyone have any input? Thanks.
Sounds Like you might have a cyst that ruptured I have had one and that is just what you described i was 28 years old and i got a few of them and then they went away.
I would make an appt with your OBGYN just to sure  .
And your Dr. can help you and give you meds to help with this
What kind of cyst? Like an ovarian cyst? Or a uterine fibroid? I can't seem to find much information on cyst/fibroid rupture. If that was the case, would I still be feeling the pain now?

And should I wait for my period to finish before I see the doc?