Unexplained Itching

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Unexplained Itching

For the past year I have had this unexplained itching on the inside of my vagina and sometimes the outside with a little discharge, but nothing major and it does not smell.  The discharge may just be a part of the natural vaginal moisture.  I have went to the doctor SEVERALS times and they can never find anything wrong.  I even had him run this $700 test that picks up everything and it came back negative. Do you have any suggestions on what it may be?
Hi there, i would like to share with you my experience which maybe similar to yours. One year ago, i had experienced some discomfort inside of my vagina and some discharge was accompanied with slight smell. I went to a doctor and was given a all clear from diseases. Still feeling uneasy, i went to try home made remedies but they didn't helped much and the discomfort still persist.

A close friend happened to know of my problem and introduced her cousin who happens to be a traditional doctor. An appointment was made to visit the traditional doctor and a check revealed i had unbalanced bacterial level inside my vagina. He recommended me to try his handmade cleaning insert which i felt i had nothing to lose already at this stage and went for it. My problems started to improve slowly and i felt refreshed within 1-2 weeks.

I am not sure how this product will work on you but if you are willing to try, you can message me for his contact.    
That probably is my problem, the doctor even prescribed me Provella to balance my vagina just in case that was the problem.  I took it for 3 months and it did not work, but it was not a insert it was a pill and I probably need a insert. I did message you, thank you very much!
Have you ever had the area biopsied?  If not, a skin biopsied should be done.  

Any corticosteroids ever prescribed for this?

My guess would be that this is some type of Psoriasis or Eczema (yes, I did say Psoriasis and Eczema; this is possible to have in your genital area).
Hi Blessed, try earthclinic, and send a post to Ted, he may have some idea hes quite good at working things out.
Good Luck
Thank you, never heard of Earthclinic until now, interesting website.