Unexplained weight gain
I am 43 years old and I have gained so much weight that I hate looking at myself. I have always been athletic..very tall with a strong lean body...until a year ago. I exercise single day; sometimes I run sometimes I fast walk. I eat right...no sodas, and junk and greasy stuff. I have always been conscious of my eating habits and my weight. I am ex military so this really is hard for me. I keep growing a beard, I can't sleep well even though I am tired, I burn up when everyone else feels fine, my sex drive drove off, I am way too moody, my bowel movements are practically nonexistent, I bleed like a wounded animal during my menstruals, and I have become as blind as a bat overnight! This is driving me nuts! especially the weight gain part. It's like the more I exercise the more I swell up. There has got to be a solution...we don't deserve this crap!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go see your doctor for a workup.  It could be a lot of different things.  Get bloodwork to assess things like thyroid, hpyothalmus, etc., and also get checked for ovarian cysts and so on.
Hello!
OMG, you so sound like me at age 38...I got the @#%$ blow-off from my Dr who placated me with a pat on the hand and,"Dear, you're beginning perimenopause. This brings everyone in..."
Wow was she wrong! For the next four years I tried everything to keep my weight down (at one point I gained 20 lbs in 2 months!!!) and then I began having kidney stones...and urinating madly (every 30-45 mins, around the clock..) I was tested for thyroid, but na-da. I discovered my blood calcium had been elevated for that entire time, and finally, I began investigating my symptoms on the internet. After scaring the bejesus out of myself, I came across hyperparathyroidism...I had 11 of the 16 symptoms, and everything fit...The menstrual and gut issues (constipation and only going every 3-4 days), heartburn, headaches, muscle and joint pains, kidney stones, episodes of rapid heart beats, anxiety, insomnia, unexplained fatigue, vision changes, hot flashes,etc....I had a noncancerous tumor that, after it was removed, life became normal again. Incidentally, I was also diagnosed with hepatitis C (dirty needle stick from work), so I often wonder how much that played as a role...
My point is, your issue definitely sounds endocrine and you need to see an endocrinologist to sort it out. You may have to be an advocate for yourself, because Drs tend to blow off "fat and forty" women as being hyper-emotional basket cases who dwell too much on health issues...(GRRR). I hope this helps! Stick to your guns!!!~MM
Hello again...
I was wondering...Have you ever had pituitary problems or been diagnosed with Cushing's syndrome? I've been thinking about this since my last post to you, and ALL of your symptoms fit...there are a couple different kinds, but it may help to check them out...Best of health..~MM