Unknown Odor
have been struggling with my body odor since I was 12. It has been one of the worst things to ever happen to me. When I sweat my odor gets really strong and I sweat a lot. Sometimes I could just be sitting there and I'll be hot and start sweating. It's hard because it doesn't happen all the time anymore, but it happens enough to still affect me tremedously. I went through a rough time in middle school and high school. I don't even think my parents believed me when I told them that kids at school talked about how bad I smelt. My junior year of high school my odor wasn't as bad, but it had happened for so long that I was just tired of it all. I would be ok for most of the day, but by the end of the school day it would be back again. I stopped going to regular school because I just couldn't deal with being that girl with body odor anymore. I don't really know what else to do. I wash everyday sometimes twice a day. I've been drinking a lot more water and staying awaying from fried or processed foods. I'm just to the point where I don't even know what else to try. I use body wash instead of soap, I put baby powder down there, and I also wear a pantyliner every day. It's just hard to talk to anyone about it because  they don't understand. Just because I might not smell like that at that very moment doesn't mean it doesn't happen. What a lot of people don't understand is how hard it is to be a female and feel that uncomfortable and gross about your body. It affects you a lot. Especially as a teenager. Teenage years are hard enough with the mood swings and your hormones going crazy. Having something like that to worry about makes it ten times worse. If there are any suggestions as to what I can do to help tame my odor a little more it would be much appreciated.
Hi there!

Body odour can be caused due to a number of reasons like poor hygiene, infections (fungal, bacterial or parasitic), hormonal changes during puberty, hyperhydrosis, some metabolic disorders, a few foods like spices garlic etc, stale sweat, penile discharge, gastrointestinal disorders, diabetes, ketoacidosis, urinary tract infection, scurvy etc. In your case if you feel the smell is strong it would be best to get evaluated by a primary care physician for a possible secondary cause so that it can be treated appropriately.
Hope this helps.

Take care!