Unusual Smelling Discharge

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Unusual Smelling Discharge

Hi, im 16 and lately i have noticed that my discharge is smelling a bit off. it never usually smells like this and i was just wondering what it could be. it smells a bit like B.O, its very strong and not nice smelling.
any ideas to get rid of the smell, or any ideas on what may be causing it.
thank you
First, tell your mom, she knows best.  It could simply be that you need to clean the area better or more often.  And it could be that you have an infection, which you need to see a doctor for. - Blu
Are u a virging? If not it is possible it could be a STD. If you are then it could simply be a yeast infection even if you dont have any itching (ive had them before n only went to gyno bc of the discharge smell and i didnt have any itching). This can be treated with simple over the counter meds. If not it may be something that needs to be treated by a doc and by antibiotics so talk to someone u trust n get to a gyno as soon as possible. Good luck n keep me updated n hoped this helped a little .
I told my mum and she said its most likely a part of growing up and puberty and all that.
I am a virgin, so its not an STD, and i think my mum was right because the smell is starting to fade, so it must of just been a random stage of puberty.

but thank you both very much for the advice :)