Unusual bleeding... Please help!
Hi there,

I'm hoping I might get some answers! I'm 25, normal periods usually! I'm on BC & have been for years.
I had some unusual discharge & bleeding after a Pap in Dec 12 - I'd only just finished my period. Dr said he scratched me & gave me AB for infection. I then got another period which lasted until 24 Dec. 29th Dec I started bleeding again, Dr sent me for an ultrasound (all fine) & put me on 30mg of progesterone daily. It stopped the bleeding enough to have an internal. Dr diagnosed cervical erosion & cauterised. Also did swabs & blood tests. Everything (hormones, vitamins) normal. Low iron due to bleeding. The swab came back + Chlamydia. Only one sexual partner in my life & that was Oct 12. Drtold me stop taking hormone & back on BC & to take AB for chlamydia. I did. 3 days later, the heavy bleeding & clotting is back. I don't want to go back on the hormones, they made me emotional, also $$! tired due to low iron & constant headaches. Any advice would be appreciated!
It can be due to metrorrhagia due to Chlamydia infection. Chlamydia is an infection caused by the Chlamydia trachomatis bacterium and is spread from person-to-person through direct sexual contact. Chlamydia can be passed during vaginal, anal, or oral sex if you do not use a condom every time you have sex. You should follow up with your doctor and start the antibiotics. Since you are anemia, you need to get medicines prescribed to stop bleeding also.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thanks, I had already taken the antibiotics before I posted this.

Thanks for all the info, the bleeding seems to have finally slowed down after 32 days. My doctor wants to see me for a follow up so I will see how I go!