Women's Health Community
Unwanted Weight Loss
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Unwanted Weight Loss

I recently lost about 30 lbs.  I am 5'9" and now weigh barely 100 lbs.  My doctor says I am not ill (she is my pain management doctor; I have neuropathy), but I just cannot gain any weight. I recently moved and with travel have lost weight too.  What can I do?  Blood pressure is low; dr. says it is good; resting heart rate at last visit was 90.  I don't feel ill; but have trouble going to sleep.  Usually fall asleep at 3 or 4 a.m.  I am worried about what might be wrong with me.  Please give me your advice on how I can gain weight quickly.  Thank you so very much.

Grammy77744
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
134578_tn?1404951303
When my father had low blood sugar, he needed to eat or drink something sweet in order to sleep.  In his case, he would take a can of orange juice concentrate and spoon some of it out and eat it, so as you can see that's pretty sweet!  But it did help him sleep.  And that kind of sugar would probably not hurt in an effort to gain wait also.
Blank
I am a hypoglycemic and sometimes(only the last few months) have had nights where I've had trouble sleeping. I must try what your father did, thanks for your info, I would never have put the two together!
Blank
You didn't mention your eating habits. Are you actually eating a balanced diet and enough? If you are finding it hard to eat because you don't feel hungry you need to force yourself to eat something small and keep having small amounts of food every 2 hours or so, until your appetite builds up. Eat 5 or more times a day and increase your calorie intake. I would try including some of those protein shakes/drinks as well. Also check this out it may help:
All the best.
Blank
Go to a doffernt doctor and get checked out by them. I think a difeernt look at things is needed
Blank
Did your doc check your thyroid?
Could you now have Diabetis...weight loss and frequent urination are symptoms.
Maybe go to a regular primary care doctor and ask for testing.
Good luck.
Blank
The dr's told me i had Gasteritis for 11 week's. I couldn't eat or do anything. I had a scope it was clean. Now i have anxiety and trouble eating like i should. I take a mulivitamin and am still above my weight but don't want to loose anymore. I can get 500 to 600 calories a day. On a good day a little more. I am 5"0 and 140 . Losing all that so fast made me look older. This started in September. What can i do....??
Blank
I'm 73, 5'6", and weight 93 lbs.
I eat constantly, have normal bowel movements, and no matter what I can NOT gain weight.

What's wrong with me

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank