Upper Armpit nodule, No lymph nodes swollen

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

I recently started working out and playing ball again, trying to get active (started in January 2005).  I became busy in April an took a hiatus.  When doing my breast and armpit exam in early May I noticed a large lump under my left armpit.  It seemed to move with the bone when i moved the arm and was not noticable until I lifted my arm high in the air.  I went to the doctor and he scheduled an ultrasound and Xray.  These were the findings...Palpable area high left axillary overlies a well-circumscribed hyperechoic nodule 1.6 X 1.7 X 1.0.  No adenopathy or additional cystic or solid nodules are seen.  I am scheduled to see a surgeon and have this removed and biopsed.  I am freaking out.  It suddenly appeared out of nowhere and is starting to affect the arm by impinging the nerve that runs up my arm, causing numbness at times and the upper arm where the clavicle meets the arm is sore now much of the time as is the neck area around the clavicle.

Can this be a trauma injury?  I don't understand some of the terminology used like hyperechoic and adenopathy??.
Dawn
Avatar n tn
Hi, the findings said NO adenopathy, so the nodes are not swollen, that is why I asked about trauma............

Dawn
Avatar n tn
Also, when I asked my doctor following ultrasound, he said he wasn't concerned about the nodule, just wanted me to get it taken out ans biopsed, but it didn't seem like a malignant type, most are benign when not associated with lymph nodes and my nodes are not swollen.  

Thanks!
Avatar n tn
Hi Dawniedoole1
I am a little worried about some things too.  I hope you're on the mend.  I had to go to ER for gallbladder issues and the CT Scan relvealed mild axillary adenopathy.  My dr has yet to suggest I do anything, in fact he sent me to my GYN for follow up about them and my GYN laughed and said he should follow up.  I'm a little worried as my platelet count is high and now I am sitting in bed sick.  I can't feel the swolled nodes but I haven't tried to find them too well either.  anyone out there have a suggestion
Paxiled commented on  Herbs and Spices Low...
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals