Upper abdomen, Lower rib cage movement

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Upper abdomen, Lower rib cage movement

I am not pregnant, but am feeling movement in my lower right rib cage, or upper abdomen. It is the same feeling I had when pregnant, like there is foot or hand of the baby moving in that area. I have had it for a few days now, and am wondering what it could possibly be. Thanks!
Hi there, I'm not sure what you are feeling, but I had spasms in that same area and was sent for an abdominal ultrasound, I didn't have any gallstones but the doc said I must have had gallbladder spasms. Hope this helps!
(((Raynbow
i have had the same thing happen to me for the last 6 months... feel like little hits..n..kicks...even to the point when i lay down ....on my right side sumthing pokes up on my right side....i went to the dr. the other day ....they did a ultrasound on me...cause i was convinced i was pregnant....the ultrasound came back negative....they dr. said he seems to think its abdominal spasms...and ive tried looking that up ...and i havent found much helpfull info. on that
I am having the same issue.  It feels just like fourfrench's described it (this is exactly how I had explained it to my husband).  It is like I have a baby moving around and poking me.  I know that is not possible.  I have started to get a little concerned.  Maybe I will make a Doc appointment and see what they have to say.
I'm not having pain, but as soon as I lay down for the night, I start feeling a movement close to my rib upper abd area and it feels just like when I was pregnant and my child would kick.... I dont believe I'm preg, I just had a heavy period a week ago... Don't have a clue what this is but it's been going on for a week??? what could it be?
I am having the same problem a month now, I know I am not pregnant as I have regular period  and I am on contraceptive. My last sexual contact was two months ago  I gained  some weight which I am in the gym ,but this movement in my abdomen is driving me crazy. Please anyone out there know what cause this please let me know I now know I am not the only one
I also have a feeling in my abdomen, im very thin and can feel and see it moving around, it has also gotten bigger over the past couple months, iv been having a period and im on the pill...iv never been pregnant and dont know what that feels like....when i lay down is when the movement happens the most and it moves from my right side to my left...i havent gained any weight just a growth in my stomach...someone know whats going on with me??
I am having same symptoms but have ALREADY had gallbladder removed two years ago.  any other ideas?
I read all the queries, but so far - not an answer.  I have been having same
symptoms and like you I had my gallbladder removed at least 15 years ago.  I just turned 80 so doubt if pregnancy is in the mix, but I sure would like an answer from someone that has received one.  I had no idea so many, many people could have what I thought was something happening to only me!  So - has anyone got an answer?
Junie, perhaps it is gas moving through the intestines.  Yes, at 80 pregnancy is not possible.  I would schedule an appt. with a GI doctor.  good luck
I had a similar experience to what most of you are describing. I had four ovarian cysts reading from 3-7cm in diameter.
I am 50, do not have a gallbladder, and almost every day and night i feel like there is something pushing, poking or brushing up against me-from the inside right below my left rib. If I were to look in time, I believe if I looked fast enough,  it would be very visible. Reminds me of pregnancy but higher up. Nerve wracking but painless. Help! I feel like an idiot even complaining to my Husband. I had a dream last night that it popped out like the size of a tennis ball and woke up right before it felt like it was coming through. Nice huh?
It seems way to high...for ovaries. and no discomfort here. Hmmm..
Has anyone been checked for tape worms?
I have the same feeling but haven't seen the doc.
I am stunned that so many are experiencing this symptom!  I have been feeling movement in my upper right abdomen area, right below the rib cage, for several months.  It feels exactly like a pre-born baby moving around in there, but I am not pregnant.  Tonight I googled "hernia" but that did not match, next I found this website.  Like some others have stated, this seems way too high for cysts in the ovaries, but I have had cysts removed 20+ years ago.  I've also considered worms of some kind.  It is very disturbing because the movement is so noticeable and uncomfortable.  I think I will call the doctor!
TinaR10 commented on melimeli's status
35 mins ago
TinaR10 commented on photo
1 hr ago
Shannon79 commented on photo
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals