WOMEN'S HEALTH
COMMUNITY
Upper abdomen, Lower rib cage movement
by fourfrenchs, Feb 21, 2006
I am not pregnant, but am feeling movement in my lower right rib cage, or upper abdomen. It is the same feeling I had when pregnant, like there is foot or hand of the baby moving in that area. I have had it for a few days now, and am wondering what it could possibly be. Thanks!
Member Comments (15)
by Raynbow, Feb 22, 2006
Hi there, I'm not sure what you are feeling, but I had spasms in that same area and was sent for an abdominal ultrasound, I didn't have any gallstones but the doc said I must have had gallbladder spasms. Hope this helps!
(((Raynbow
by confusedntxs, May 30, 2008
i have had the same thing happen to me for the last 6 months... feel like little hits..n..kicks...even to the point when i lay down ....on my right side sumthing pokes up on my right side....i went to the dr. the other day ....they did a ultrasound on me...cause i was convinced i was pregnant....the ultrasound came back negative....they dr. said he seems to think its abdominal spasms...and ive tried looking that up ...and i havent found much helpfull info. on that
by shawz, Jan 05, 2010
I am having the same issue.  It feels just like fourfrench's described it (this is exactly how I had explained it to my husband).  It is like I have a baby moving around and poking me.  I know that is not possible.  I have started to get a little concerned.  Maybe I will make a Doc appointment and see what they have to say.
by shawz, Jan 05, 2010
by momaudoo, Feb 13, 2010
I'm not having pain, but as soon as I lay down for the night, I start feeling a movement close to my rib upper abd area and it feels just like when I was pregnant and my child would kick.... I dont believe I'm preg, I just had a heavy period a week ago... Don't have a clue what this is but it's been going on for a week??? what could it be?
by myrose412, Oct 14, 2011
I am having the same problem a month now, I know I am not pregnant as I have regular period  and I am on contraceptive. My last sexual contact was two months ago  I gained  some weight which I am in the gym ,but this movement in my abdomen is driving me crazy. Please anyone out there know what cause this please let me know I now know I am not the only one
by Doveofaphrodite, Oct 15, 2011
I also have a feeling in my abdomen, im very thin and can feel and see it moving around, it has also gotten bigger over the past couple months, iv been having a period and im on the pill...iv never been pregnant and dont know what that feels like....when i lay down is when the movement happens the most and it moves from my right side to my left...i havent gained any weight just a growth in my stomach...someone know whats going on with me??
by cjp1957, Jun 26, 2012
I am having same symptoms but have ALREADY had gallbladder removed two years ago.  any other ideas?
by Junie344, Jul 09, 2013
I read all the queries, but so far - not an answer.  I have been having same
symptoms and like you I had my gallbladder removed at least 15 years ago.  I just turned 80 so doubt if pregnancy is in the mix, but I sure would like an answer from someone that has received one.  I had no idea so many, many people could have what I thought was something happening to only me!  So - has anyone got an answer?