Urethral tearing due to vaginal dryness?

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

I am a menopausal 54 year old woman and I experience vaginal dryness during intercourse.  This morning my husband and I had intercourse without lubrication and immediately afterwards I felt the symptoms of a UTI, with a good deal of blood in my urine.  It's extremely painful.  I don't believe this is a bacterial infection because of the sudden symptoms.  Can vaginal dryness cause a tear to the urethra, causing the blood in the urine, and if so, will it heal shortly or should I seek medical attention?
Can you see any visible tears? Is there bleeding without urination?  
I cannot imagine that it could cause tearing just once without lubrication but I guess anything is possible. I would not worry about it unless you notice it occurring again.
Do you have any other symptoms of UTI? lower abdominal pain/fullness, painful urination/burning, puss in urine, foul smell, etc?
Hello I went to a large chemist chain yesterday and spoke to the naturapath on site and she is convinced that Bio Ceuticals product (natural and no estrogen) called Alfa Efa works a treat.  I have just started taking these capsules.   I feel an instant change.    Also Replens Vaginal Gel, also no estrogen was bought, but am trying out the capsules first.  The naturopath said, I may not need the Replens as the Alpha Efa works so well.  This problem has been an huge issue for me for years and fingers crossed this all works.  Will post another comment in a month. Excited.
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
aiyanas_momma commented on photo
Sep 25
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals