Urinary frequency

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Urinary frequency

I am 5 weeks postpartum from a scheduled c-section.  Suddenly, I have urinary frequency, having to urinate every hour to 2 hours, but no pain or even real pressure.  I am voiding a significant amount of fluid.  Prior to pregnancy, I had the same issue, which I thought was a result of severe work related stress.  I was prescribed Prosed DS, which eliminated the frequency.  As I am breastfeeding, I cannot take Prosed.  Is my body merely flushing fluids, or is it something more?
If you are concerned, then I would suggest getting in touch with your OB-GYN.. Congrats on your baby!!!!
These symptoms can be due to a urinary tract infection or urethritis. It is a primarily female syndrome in which women suffer from irritative bladder symptoms (urinary frequency, urgency, burning  , and a hesitant or slowed urinary stream) in the absence of any objective urologic findings.In this the diagnosis can be made only by the proper collections of urine specimens from both the urethra and the bladder. These specimens will reveal the presence of white blood cells in the urethral washings, while the midstream (bladder) specimen will be free of cells.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.