Uterine Fibroid and Pain
I have been diagnosed with a 8 cm fibroid.  I am in a lot of pain.  I am taking motrin and a narcotic.  I was told that I should not have pain with the fibroid?  I also am starting to have pain constantly on the left lower quadrient, which is not being helped either medicines. My OB told me that we will schedule a surgery, but if it is gone by the two weeks it should be fine.  What I am asking is will the fibroid come back if I leave it in uterous? Am I suppose to have constant pain? and anything else you can help me with?
Once fibroids are removed they do not grow back. Although new fibroids may grow after a myomectomy and may be found after a myomectomy because the surgeon was not careful about removing all the fibroids during surgery. Pain is a common symptom associated with fibroid and Anti-inflammatory medicines such as ibuprofen and mefenamic acid may help in easing this pain.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.