Uterine Fibroids

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Uterine Fibroids

I recently had pelvic and vaginal ultrasounds. Here are the results. Can anybody help me in figuring out what this means? The only thing I get out of this is that I have 3 masses.

The uterus measures 12.2 x 5.8 x 8.9 cm. Multiple uterine masses measures as follows: In the fundus, 4.7 x 2.9 x 4.7 cm; posterior and inferior wall, 2.5 x 1.9 x 2.3 cm; anterior/superior wall, 2.9 x 2.6 x 2.6 cm.   Thanks
What treatments have you been offerred?  My x-large mass was treated with IV vancomycin.  I had shrinkage of my fibroid tumor within 9 days.
roamergirl, was your mass a fibroid?  Vancomycin is an antibiotic.  I've never heard that fibroids are particularly sensitive to antibiotics, as they are not bacterial.

detwstsdgrl, your report seems just to say the size of the uterus, the masses' locations in the uterus (at the fundus, the front, back and sides), and the sizes of the masses.  Looking at my little ruler, the one that's 2.5x1.9x2.3 seems about the size of a Concord grape or a marshmallow, for example, and the larger one would maybe be about the size of a half of a tangerine or four orange wedges.  Sorry to give food analogies, I'm trying to think of stuff that is rather universal.  The larger one would be maybe about half the size of a deck of cards.  Anyway, it describes masses and their sizes.  Prognosis and recommendations are up to your doctor, a report like this just describes what is seen.  
I was trying to get an idea of the size of them. That helped a lot. I am very curious as to their location as well. I have back pain and frequent urination as well. They have completely taken over my life! When I am on, I tend to bleed for 3 weeks with very huge clotting, so much it scares me. I was given Provera to help with this but so far I dont know if it has. At least I cant tell. I discovered they had grown to these sizes upon an recent visit to the ER. My Gyn has gave me some options such as D&C, novasure, endometrial ablation...I will know more when she receives my results from hospital. None of these procedures I am keen on.