Women's Health Community
VERY long period
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

VERY long period

I am currently taking Adipex (weight loss drug), just lost 15 lbs in the past month.  I have had my menstrual cycle for 14 days now.  In the beginning it was normal/heavy but now it is normal/light. At times it is dark brown in color but sometimes it is bright red mixed with small clots.  

Over the past five years I have gained a considerable amount of weight and my period became irregular.  I would go two months, sometimes three without having a period.

So, my question is, is this normal to be experiencing this type of cycle?  Could this possibly be due to the weight loss and the dark colored blood because it is "old?"  Or could this possibly be implantation bleeding? My husband and I are not actively trying however we are "active" :)

Any help that anyone might be able to provide is greatly appreciated!
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I know that weight gain/lose can cause a whacky period...when I was a teen I was very overweight, and then I started to eat more healthy/exercise and lost like 50 lbs., one time i went like 45 days with no period...my guess would be that your whacky period(s) are from hormones from losing weight..
Blank
hey..i experienced the same thing! back in sept. i got married and after that my periods would last for ever like you 14-16 days...i am also overweight..and me and my DH have been ttc..i started doing some testing and it Dec. i was diagnosed with PCOS...polystic ovarian syndrome..which is an hormonal inbalance..and i had polyps in my ures i had surgery in jan. and now ive had 2 normal periods they last me between 6-8 days and very light and barely any cramping its improved and im on medication to make me ovulate and get preg. so if i were you i would get tested and ask you doc. if it could be a possibility you never know..good luck!! keep us posted!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...